March 2019 Moms

Show Off the Nursery!

Re: Show Off the Nursery!

• I am loving all of these! I feel so far behind. @meggyme That is the coolest little space and perfect for a baby! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @candb17
    ugh i LOVE the name accent wall with the butterflies . Do you have a chandelier in there as far as the light reflection? I also have a painting i am gonna try and put up in our nursery, that is adorable! 

• @zionsmama85 Oh I love that!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @navete I'm looking for an area rug now, too! Also for insulation/warmth reasons on our wood floor. I haven't found anything I liked that wasn't $$$$. Do you mind sharing what you found?
  • @heytherefriend We just bought an area rug for DD1’s new room from Home Depot last week. It was even on sale for $100 for a 5’x7’. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @navete LOL you sound like me! MH hates "window shopping" and I drove him nuts for awhile doing exactly what you did! You'll feel so much better having all the little things you need. Our last big thing was the glider / recliner deal. As soon as we were 100% sure which one...they were sold out every where for like a month.

Also just scored a shag / shimmer rug. Getting antsy waiting for it to come in. Still need curtains...course the one's I want are a million $$ and never have a good sale. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @heytherefriend Sorry for the late reply! I ordered both the rug and rug pad from Amazon. I’m a bit hesitant ordering a rug online without seeing/feeling it first, but reviews seem to be pretty positive (and the prices are pretty good for the size). I’ll let you know the actual quality and post a pic once they arrive. I got the following:

6’7” x 9’ rug: https://www.amazon.com/nuLOOM-Moroccan-Blythe-Area-Grey/dp/B01HDWIRQG

6’ x 9’ rug pad: https://www.amazon.com/RUGPADUSA-EXTH-FR-69-Cushion-Protection-Hardwood/dp/B07HB7984T

There are a lot of other designs (and more kid specific ones) if you browse around a bit. I’m hoping the rug pad will provide most of the insulation.

@kristimh80 LOL I’m glad there’s someone else like me, but also feel for your husband 😂. Which glider did you end up getting? I agonized over that one, especially since my dad insisted that be a gift from him and my step-mom and I didn’t want to go overboard with the price (I still pushed the limit 🤦🏽‍♀️). I found the cheapest version of the chair I liked from Amazon and used my registry completion discount to minimize cost, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’s not a knockoff or something lol. I’m not a fan of how it looks but it’s suuuper comfortable and fits both myself and MH: https://www.amazon.com/Dutailier-Sleigh-Glider-Multiposition-Recline-Ottoman/dp/B00I15CBOO
  • @navete Pretty! Thanks for sharing. I have an idea of what I want in my head, but haven't been able to find it locally. I'm starting to look online, and yes, you're right -- it's hard to buy without seeing it first. :/
  • TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Today we moved the glider/rocking chair out of DSs room and into the office/storage/baby room. I can’t believe how real this is all starting to feel! It’s still by no means “a nursery” but I feel like it’s starting to become more of one! 
  • @navete those curtains are adorable!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @navete love those curtains!! Where did you find them?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @navete it looks soooo cute, I love it! 
  • edited January 2019
    @navete Not yet. We painted and put the crib together, though! Baby steps. :)
    PS - cute crib and curtains!
  • With our last two kids (and probably
    this one as well), we didn’t put the crib together until they were ready to move out of the pnp in our room. We’re still trying to figure out room configurations for our other 4 kids, so we don’t even know where this baby’s going yet. But, all of your nurseries  look adorable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @momofmanyinthemitten with DS1, we also planned for him to sleep in a PnP in our room at first, but he was so noisy that I couldn't fall asleep myself. So off to the crib he went on day 5, despite our original plan. But it worked out really well in the end because there was no painful transition required afterwards.
    Now, the crib is still disassembled in the corner of the room, we have a box from Ikea in the corridor containing the new shelf, and the dresser is in DS1's room. DH thinks we have all the time in the world to prepare, and meanwhile I'm here panicking and making lists with all the things we still need to have done until then!
  • Roughly 7 weeks to go and we're painting the trim for the nursery today. Hopefully, we'll be able to move full steam ahead with getting the nursery together once the painting is done!
  • Painting the nursery today! Will post before and after pictures when we are done. Wish us luck that we don’t kill each other haha! We bought our furniture used off of Facebook a couple months ago, so I’m hoping that next weekend we can get the furniture into the room. Only 6 weeks to go! I have our maternity pictures next Sunday, hoping the weather holds off for moving furniture/pictures. It’s really coming together! 
  • @mihaelams1 I can totally relate to the DH thinking we have forever while I am like 'why haven't you done this thing we have talked about for the last 8 months!?!' 🙄🙄🙄 I ended up having a 4 am conversation with him about the yard not being fully fenced in, and why won't you let me hire a gardener so we can finish it and let the dog out. He didn't get why it was important to me to have it done before the baby and I'm like.... Really???? 
  • @abbykwail MH is the same way. And he should realize why I'm so manic right now. It was impossible to get anything done for like the first year (except we did get married when DS was 4 months old & had a smallish ceremony that turned out nice). A fenced in yard is super important though in my book, especially with pups!

We're not doing a nursery this time around. I am rearranging our bedroom though-- I'm doing a diy sidecar crib with our old convertible one, getting a new changing table and storage cube bench, and trying to generally declutter our house before it's go time. I have a huge list of stuff I want to chip away at in the next 60ish days!

SaveSave
  • edited January 2019
    Well it turns out I had to explain that post-partum will include healing where I probably can't walk right away, and what happens when the dog needs to go out at the same time as the baby needs something..... I don't know how that's not common sense!! But today he got supplies and started the fence!!! Now to get him to finish it this weekend, and to finish clearing his electronics out from the nursery! 
  • @abbykwail you’re nicer than me. If MH leaves his stuff where I don’t want it I collect it and put it in the garage for him :D

SaveSave
  • @abbykwail big win on the fence. We had that conversation last night, the electronic fence has been sitting in a box for months... but the ground is frozen now so we really missed the window here anyway. 

@flyingmombula. Yup! There is a room in the basement with lots of shelving and all the random tools and parts and electronics and hunting things get shelved for him down there.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @flyingmombula and @3rdtime_charmed maybe I've been going about this whole thing wrong! I am not opposed to moving the things for him, but why did I never think of this myself?? 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 your nursery is wonderful but I have some serious door envy!! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 thanks!  :)  We didn't pick them, but we like them, too. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 So cute! I also love the doors and your shiplap wall!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019