2nd Trimester

Ensure

Is it safe to drink ensure while pregnant?? My appetite stinks and I have a hard time with big meals. I'm wondering if this will help to?

Re: Ensure

• I’d ask your OB if you haven’t already, just to be safe, but I really don’t think it would be a problem. I practically lived on protein shakes for the first trimester. Better to get some nutrition in than nothing at all! 
  • My appetite didn't really change or increase the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. I was a bit of a light eater prepregnancy but the lack of weight gain really concerned my boyfriend so he asked our OB a bunch of questions. Talk to your OB about your weight and food intake. Ours told us as long as baby is growing he is happy. I've heard a lot of woman do drink ensure or something similar when morning sickness was kicking their butts. For me personally, i tried them when I didn't have time to eat while taking care of my grandma but it made me throw up. I think I drank them too fast though.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I started them this morning actually.  From last month and my last check up i only gained a pound. And that scared me. We shall see how it goes
  • kweenniie said:
    I started them this morning actually.  From last month and my last check up i only gained a pound. And that scared me. We shall see how it goes
    Dont let it scare you, unless your doctor expressed concern. Most of my weight gain was not until the end of second through delivery.  
  • I drink an Ensure in the middle of the night if I didn't eat enough before bed. But I'm having twins so... pretty intensive nutritional requirements. If your babies are gaining weight (but you're not) then you're totally fine. My weight stayed the same through my last pregnancy and it's trending the same this pregnancy. My babies have always measured ahead, though, and have healthy weights.