July 2019 Moms

Pregnancy Brain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

Re: Pregnancy Brain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ซ

• @firecracker_mama it was the worst ever. I swallowed it before my body realized what had happened. I want to puke just thinking about it.ย 
  • So I've had a lot of misspeaks recently, i.e. I tried to call Arnold Schwarzenegger Alfred, I asked my dogs if they wanted to go to breakfast (I meant daycare, I'd JUST fed them). Little stuff we all do, but in higher concentration than I had before pregnancy.

I also just had to fill out the renewal form for my vanity plate and I read it like 6x to make sure I didn't transpose any info to the wrong spot (I can't renew vanity plates online. I live in the dumbest state for vanities, if you have a vanity plate you have to keep your regular one up to date on registration AND in your trunk and present it if asked). I also filled out the check very slowly, since I signed the box where you put the amount the other day.

Oy.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister texted me that she loved me. I almost said "love you too" to my realtor because that was the message that was open. Thankfully I snapped to it before I actually sent the message!
  • @cindler I've done that while not pregnant. My aunt randomly got a text from me one time that said, "John just swallowed the microphone!" I meant to text it to my friend whose name also started with K.
    And yes, that friend would have known what I was talking about :pย 
  • Anyone else still struggling to concentrate at work? My brain just won't turn on for the things I need to focus on for long stretches. My motivation is also zero. I get distracted every 5 seconds and can't complete a task.ย 
  • +10000 @julybaybay!ย  It's been bad for several weeks now!
  • Couldn't remember my debit card pin/ATM password today...still can't. I use it almost daily.ย 
  • Filing this under pregnancy brain because it's so embarrassing. I started to make pork roast on Saturday like I do every couple months--I make this so often that I don't need to look at the recipe anymore. I put my stock pot on the stove, added oil, then walked over to the sink to unwrap the pork roast...then heard a *fwoom* and turned around and the stock pot was filled with flames. I screamed for DH and he had to run out of the shower in a towel as I opened all the windows and stood outside in the cold so I wouldn't breathe in the smoke. The fire was dying down by the time DH got to it, so we didn't need a fire extinguisher and nothing got damaged. I walked around the house in a respirator until the smoke cleared out.
    I thought maybe something was wrong with my old, cheap stock pot, but I researched grease fires and found out that they're caused when oil gets too hot. After seven years of making pork roast, this was the first time I put the burner on high by accident. I'm just glad it wasn't worse :cry:ย 
  • @hestia14 awww man, im glad everything ended up being okay though. but i totally get it. :disappointed:

i usually have an amazing memory, actually known for it in my circle of friends. but this baby has me forgetting all kinds of things. just recently, i lost my fave winter hat somewhere, i don't even know where. i think i left it at a restaurant, but i'm not certain.

i also have crazy butterfingers these days. was making chicken soup for my sick DD the other day and i went to pour the noodles in the pot and missed the pot entirely and all the noodles went onto the stove lol. that same day i dropped something else that was also in many pieces lol. my DH just laughed. i did not drive on this day as i was too scared of what MIGHT happen lol.ย 

• I forgot my phone number yesterday. Tried three times. Couldnโ€™t remember it.
  • Last night after getting into bed, I went to plug my cell phone in.. I grabbed my 'phone' to plug it in.. it was the TV remote.. no wonder it wasn't plugging in LOLย 
  • Me to DH: "Want to try a sip of my latte?"
    DH: "Sure." *sips*
    (two minutes later)
    Me to DH : "Want to try a sip of my latte?"
    :expressionless:
  • mom2b77373mom2b77373 member
    edited March 2019
    Trying to cook dinner for 20 mins only to realize I have the pot on the wrong burner... twice this week!!!!!
  • Boss was in the office and was having a meeting with someone who is in the office as well. I sent her a note saying he was in town if she wanted to walk down to his office to meet. Said not sure if youโ€™ve seen him since heโ€™s been here. She replies, yes, remember we were all looking at pictures together. Literally 30 minutes before she was showing my boss and I photos on her cell phone. I had completely forgot about that interaction. I was laughing so hard, she days donโ€™t worry it only gets worse ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • We have three dogs, and when Iโ€™m feeding them I usually fill one bowl, stack the next one, fill it, stack the third, fill it, and carry the stack to where they get fed. Skipped the fill the second one part this morning. Caught it before I left the pantry but... ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • key33key33 member
    I went to wash my face with shampoo last night in the shower, right after I had just washed my face.ย 
  • @key33 OMG Iโ€™ve had so many toiletry/hygiene almost oopses! Seems to be a common one as someone above almost put mouthwash in their contact case...
  • I called my husband to express concern about a flight connection we have coming up, that 1.5 hours isn't enough (international connection have to go through customs before getting on second flight). He told me 1) our connection is 3 hours and 2) we literally had this same conversation a week before.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hestia14 OMG i laughed so hard at your post. I have been the same! I actually read it to DH and had to stop several times because I was laughing so hard. He wasn't impressed! ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • @hestia14 Iโ€™ve developed a stutter! Getting words out is hard.ย 
    Be safe in your car!ย 
  • @cindler Thanks! I cracked up rereading it this morning! DH is thoroughly enjoying my airheaded self.ย 
    @hakele Glad to hear I'm not alone! Again, DH finds this highly amusing...and honestly, it kind of is :pย 

Update: I made it to work safely! :smiley:ย 
  • lmao @hestia14 you give me life! :smiley:

• Forgot dd's lunch for school. Drove back home to grab it. I changed my shoes and walked back to the car without the lunch box. Good thing I realized it before I actually started drivingย ย 
  • Apparently itโ€™s cell phone day. Almost just packed mine in my toiletry bag to fly home...
  • I keep leaving taps on at home. I turn them on to do something and then just walk away and forget about it.
  • This is a slightly longer-term one, but my (pregnancy) brain had me CONVINCED I hadnโ€™t registered for a night light. When of course I had, so I ended up registered for 2, and someone bought both before I could fix it/pick one.
    At least theyโ€™re different? Weโ€™ll see if we end up keeping one or both...
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/boon-glo-nightlight/1040732701
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/hatch-baby-rest-sound-machine-night-light-amp-time-to-rise/1061239272?keyword=sound-machine-rise

• Does anyone think their pregnancy brain is improving?ย  Maybe I'm just getting used to being absent minded and have learned to live with it or work around it...
  • @hinotes my pregnancy brain certainly hasn't improved, but it has morphed and changed.ย 
  • Okay, I take it back.ย  Over the weekend, I accidentally left a burner on the stove on, on low, for about 12 hours while we were out of the house.ย  I have never done anything thing like leaving a stove or oven on by mistake in my life.
  • Almost walked into the shower to turn it on with my computer in my hands. Yep.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I keep getting in with my glasses on and then realize it when they fog up!ย 
    @hinotes, if it is any consolation, my husband did this with a tea kettle once and melted the damn thing to the top of the stove. And he wasn't even pregnant. Thank god he was home and smelled the burning before it became a fire.ย 
  • @hakele I did that pre-pregnancy, although I feel like the frequency has increased...
  • I lost or forgot 3 things this weekend.ย 
    I NEVER lose/forget things.ย 
    1. I was chaperoning a field trip for the school where I work and in the hotel I left my tummy pillow in the lobby when we checked in- no trace of it anywhere by the time I realized it was gone.ย 
    2. My favorite pearl earrings fell down the sink drain in the bathroom.ย  :'(
    3. I thought I lost my Fitbit on the street but turns out it fell into my purse! LUCKILY.ย 

So far, NOT a fan of pregnancy brain!ย 

• Iโ€™m with you guys in the pregnancy brain...last week I left my computer bag and coat (??!!) in the hotel lobby while on a work trip. Realized it when on public transportation to the train station (15 min walk). The time it took me to get back to the hotel and back on the subway meant I only arrived 25 mins early for the Eurostar and they didnโ€™t let me board :(. Luckily there was one more train going out that night so just an expensive pregnancy brain moment (that I expensed...no one said anything...)