March 2019 Moms
Options

Breast Pump Poll

edited January 2019 in March 2019 Moms
I hope no one minds me polling outside of the discussion thread.
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Breast Pump Poll 30 votes

Spectra S1 or S2
70% 21 votes
Medela PISA
20% 6 votes
Symphony - rental
0% 0 votes
Other
10% 3 votes

Re: Breast Pump Poll

• Options
    Disclaimer: I never tried Spectra, but I voted for it. We have a moms mailinglist at work, and Spectra got lots of love there. I'll try to get it through insurance after the baby is here. I have a PISA from last time, plus I also tried a Symphony for a few months (rental covered by insurance because of low supply). Symphony > PISA, hands down. But it's not portable, if that's something you care about.  
  • Options
    I got the spectra for my last. Love it. As much as you can love a pump/ pumping. I have two, kept one at work, one at home/ for travel in the car. Used them with the freemies. Love the gentleness of the suction compared to the Medela ones. And no issues with the pump itself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’d love to try a different pump this time but insurance will only cover a Medela pump. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    I have the pink spectra from last time and this time I’m getting the freemie
  • Options
    I had the PISA last time, and it was effective, but loud! I am going with the Spectra this time because I have heard that it is much quieter.
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit, you’re right-the Spectra is super quiet! I’m a FTM but spent plenty of time with my sister when she was using her PISA and I remember the sound of that pump so well.  🙉
    When I got my Spectra and first turned it on, I thought it was broken because I couldn’t hear it running, ha. Turns out it’s just THAT quiet! 
  • Options
    @hlmtnmama That’s awesome! I work at home and being able to take a conference call and pump at the same time is key! 
  • Options
    Hey ladies, hope it’s ok to ask here. I’ve been confused about the difference between the spectra s1 and s2. Is the only difference the fact that one has a battery option? For people who’ve tried one or the other, is the battery option worth the price difference (my insurance covers the non-battery one). Thanks!
  • Options
    @navete I believe the only difference is the battery and possibly a night light. I haven't used it yet, but I'd say the battery is big if only because you can pick it up and take it with you, ie. if baby starts crying or you forget your water/phone across the room, you have to let the dog in/out, etc. I remember being in the middle of pumping sessions and not able to pick up DD1 because I was stuck to an outlet, so for DD2 I wanted to have the portability so if either of the two of them needed me (especially since DD1 is kind of potty trained) I could still get up and help.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @navete What Meggyme just said! Mainly difference is battery / portable vs being plugged in. I got the pink one that has to be plugged in since insurance covered it. I figure if becomes a hassle then I'll get the blue portable one. You can also get special outlet thing so can use while driving if needed so it would work semi-portable that way. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @navete I had one of each with DS. I kept the S1 at home and the S2 at work, since I didn't have any need to be mobile while pumping at work. Theoretically there's no difference between the two but I liked the S1 better - for some reason I had fewer issues with the suction on it. I gave away the S2 since we weren't planning on another baby, but thank goodness I still have my S1. I'll get the S2 again through insurance and do the same hing - it will be interesting to see if I have similar isues with the S2 or if I just got a finicky one last time. 

Either way, I preferred both Spectras to the PISA I started out with. I hated that thing.