August 2019 Moms

FFFC 1/18

2»

Re: FFFC 1/18

• @BigBadWolf12 PREACH IT! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Babylovecali there’s a girl at work that looks similar to me—everyone gets us confused.  She’s a close friend but we can also be kinda competitive.  We got married around the same time but they had kids right away.  I’ve wanted the same kids names since I was little (little sister of my best friend in kindergarten for a girl and then my last name is a recently popular boys name). I’ve always been vocal about my names. Well, she named her boy my maiden name and her girl a name that rhymes with the name I like.  So if I end up having one of each, our kids names will be the same/similar.  It’s annoying and I’m sure people will comment but I’ve wanted these names for forever 
  • Loading the player...
  • FFMC I'm not sure I'm buying anything for this baby... we have everything already....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 the only way this baby is getting new stuff is if it's girl, and then it will come from everyone else because they will be so excited there's a girl after 3 generations of boys.

(That's not entirely true, I am eyeing a new carrier, never had one with my first, then with my second every said but this time you'll need one because you'll also be running after a toddler. Got the Mobi, because a good friend told me it's the only good option, and then never used it because it was too big a hassle to tie. We'll see if I cave and get an easier one for this LO since I'll be running after 2 toddlers.)
  • @mrosek91 I love baby wearing and maybe a another FFMC is that I think we have 9 different ones! I love ring slings they are so easy to use. A soft structured might be nice( I have a boba) its just 2 snaps and off you go (though not forward facing), I like the wrap for the itty bitty baby stage because it gives more head support.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I loved the Moby style stretchy wrap for newborns.  So cozy and I found it gave great support.  I was so bummed when he got too heavy for it :/ the key is you have to tie it tougher than you think (I tied it basically the same as a tshirt - you don't have to leave room for baby because it stretches around)

He didn't fit the tula until like 6 months old #shortlegbabyproblems (seriously his torso is so long and his legs are so short proportionally compared to other babies lol. At one point he was in 18 month diets and 9 month pants lol). So I got a woven wrap which I love too. And a ring sling which I found harder than the Moby,  but I got used to it. His heaviness was hard on uneven weight though. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited January 2019
    ETA: Lol, sorry guys. Thought this was the March board! 

I am switching to easier wraps for the newborn stage this time! Last time, I had a very old school carrier, which I still have. I may use it for newborn, not sure. Last time, I mostly used that and a woven wrap I made. And I discovered I don't really like wraps. They are just too time consuming to tie. I'm currently working on modifying my woven wrap into a ring sling. I also picked up some medium t-shirts at a thrift store a couple days ago to make a DIY baby k'tan. Probably will work on that today.