March 2019 Moms

Randoms 1/14-1/21

meggymemeggyme member
edited January 2019 in March 2019 Moms
Did we not start a randoms thread this week? Anyway, Catfish in Feb '19
https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12738850/appointments-january-2019/p3
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Randoms 1/14-1/21

• @meggyme omg, that's creepy! great detective work from Feb 19! Could she just be having a mental illness or something?
  • @meggyme this is exactly what I needed to distract me right now!  What a creep!
  • Loading the player...
  • @meggyme people are SO weird... and I’m super impressed with Feb’s detective skills!
  • I can’t believe they figured that out! It was great detective work! I love stuff like this distracting me from work :)
  • Whoa. No words besides whoa. Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
  • zionsmama85zionsmama85 member
    edited January 2019
    Yikes! I don't understand why this is entertaining to people. it's weird. 

**Edited to add*** the "being fake pregnant" is weird, not the catching of the catfish LOL 
  • People are so crazy !  I definitely appreciate the detectives in that group (and I'm glad it seems like we haven't had something like that here! )
  • So, so weird! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @abbykwail yay! It’s well worth it, we’ve had one for almost a year now.
  • I’ve wanted a cleaning lady for so long. Once our remodel is done, I’m definitely hiring someone to come deep clean.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So, I put my detective hat on and went through all the comments from the supposed catfish in Feb 19. And it's odd, but if you take the two BMBs she's been in separately, it all adds up well (except maybe the supermodel bump pic). No inconsistencies in the ages of the kids or places she's lived in. So I'm wondering if (*TW*) something happened to the twin girl so she ended up with only 3 boys (*end TW*)? Because I didn't see any other red flags in the comments - on the contrary some contained useful advice from STM+ perspective. Yes, her grammar and spelling horrify even me, a non-native speaker, but some people are just sloppy like that and it doesn't automatically mean they are projecting a fake identity. What do you ladies think? (Taking off my detective hat and finally going to bed)
  • @mihaelams1 I was wondering the same, but I didn't dive deep into it like you did. Granted. When I looked at it, she hadn't come back to defend herself.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @abbykwail woo hoo!  Having someone clean the house is a game changer. I don't think I'd maintain any semblance of sanity without ours!

@mihaelams1 that's interesting about the catfish. I always want to believe these people aren't actually catfish because who the heck would do that, so maybe she's not?  The collective detective skills on these boards will forever continue to delight me, though!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2019
    @mihaelams1 I haven't really dug into it, just read the main thread where they exposed her, but I thought she had 3 kids and was pregnant with her 4th: either one singleton, a set of B/G twins and then this one or three pregnancies. At one point she said she couldn't imagine having twins and then in her earlier bmb I thought she had boy/girl twins.

ETA: I assumed it was probably someone who was actually a mom since she was pretty knowledgable about pregnancy, but probably someone with a couple kids (probably grown) that got bored.
  • @meggyme that actually makes a lot of sense. Boredom can make people do crazy things!
  • Speaking of bored. I am sitting in my office listening to the Why Mommy Drinks podcast and it is the only thing getting me through this looooooooong day.  As I get closer to leave, the days just go slower and slower.
  • Oh, the picture is most definitely stolen! You have to be a super human to look like that after 3(+???) kids. Plus, the room is too nice and clean :smiley:
  • I thought it was odd when I saw her post that out of the blue. I rolled my eyes and thought “humble brag...”
  • outing myself as a Feb lurker lol but i noticed when i looked at the HDBD post bc it caught my eye, i thought the dress was cute and almost commented on it LOL. 
  • @zionsmama85 I mean, it's a really nice dress indeed! I totally wish to have the body and the legs to rock something like that! I promised myself I'll get in shape after the baby is here and everything settles down. I feel too self-conscious to wear anything above the knee.
  • @mamakate1616 bahahaha!
  • @mamakate1616 OMG I'm dying! LMAO
  • @mamakate1616 😂 thank you - I so needed a good laugh tonight!
  • Did you ladies see, they found the Feb 19 catfish on Facebook! https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/90975884#Comment_90975884 
    And my previous theory was proven wrong, I guess I should trust people less and not give them the benefit of the doubt. So weird, why would she do something like this? Boredom?
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2019
    I saw that! So crazy that they tracked her down.

Also, it’s crazy that she hasn’t locked her fb down yet. You can see a lot of info about her.
  • I just fell down the stairs...or, more like slid on my butt down that last few stairs after my foot slipped out from under me. I forget who it was that slipped on the ice, but google is not making me feel any better. I have a big deadline tomorrow and I'm hoping the midwives don't make me come in for monitoring.
  • @gowenc oh no! I hope you’re not too sore and any necessary checkups don’t interfere with your deadline.
  • @gowenc oh my, I hope you and baby are ok! That's exactly how I sprained my ankle when DS1 was around 1 year old, I was holding him and slipped on the last few stairs. Thankfully my body provided padding for him. 
  • gowencgowenc member
    edited January 2019
    In L&D for precautionary monitoring. I brought my laptop, gonna (hopefully) be a dull few hours!
  • maggiemadeitmaggiemadeit member
    edited January 2019
    @gowenc I’m sorry you fell! The exact same thing happened to me during my last pregnancy. It landed me a 24 hour hospital stay for observation and some crutches for a sprained knee. But the baby was happy and safe the whole time.

I hope yours will be less eventful, and you will have a boring couple of hours and some peace of mind. 
  • @meggyme thanks for posting the Feb 19 thread. So bizarre. Why does someone do that - boredom or trauma or mental illness? 
  • @gowenc hopefully everything is good! At my last appt the doc told me if I fall to fall on my butt so hopefully that provided padding for you and the baby!
  • @gowenc ah that stinks! I had to get monitored a few weeks ago after slipping and falling as I got out my truck. Sending good vibes that baby is okay.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker