TTC After a Loss
Options

January TWW

Re: January TWW

• Options
    Hey @Mack2342, any testing yet? Or are you WFAF?
  • Options
    @ruby696.  No testing yet.  I was trying to hold out for AF.  Almost caved today but stayed strong 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mack2342 You're a stronger person than I. I have no willpower and would frequently test like twice a day. Because somehow the test was going to be positive 8 hrs later.🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly and @40momma I hope you feel better soon. 

@Mack2342 FX for a BFP! 
  • Options
    Oh @dpjennifer, FX so effing hard for you. I know how hard it is to be excited - just take one day at a time. You deserve this so, so much.  I will be sending all the good vibes and positive thoughts your way. So many hugs to you right now  <3

If you need anyone to chat with while you feel like you're in limbo, I'm a PM away.
  • Options
    @dpjennifer as requested, I'm not sending you any congrats. I'm just shouting at the top of my lungs 'holy fuck please let this be true!!' 
  • Options
    *dirty lurker here* but mainly cause I’ve been quietly rooting you all on!! @dpjennifer no congrats as requested but I’m sending you every ounce of positive energy I’ve got! Eik!
  • Options
    @dpjennifer literally everything crossed. I'm trying to cross things that physically cannot be crossed. 
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I second @40momma     I have tears in my eyes for you.   I’m rooting so hard that this is your moment lady!   I’m crossing everything for you!!    
  • Options
    @ruby696 at almost 44 I’ve come to terms that it’s not going to happen.  Of course I keep hoping it does but have accepted that it will not.  I guess that’s why I have the will power.  It’s only since I’ve come to terms that I have been able to hold out.   I used to test at 9DPO 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @dpjennifer I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this is your rainbow! 

Edit: autocorrect 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Everything is crossed for you too. Every month. The ladies here (myself included) may not have the best track record, but that's what makes the BFP's so much more special. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  
    Me this morning, waiting on my hcg beta results from yesterday's blood draw:
    Scared Cartoon Network GIF by Boomerang Official
    Scared Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer Crossing everything so hard for you. Will be refreshing for updates. Totally get not wanting to get excited but hopefully this is it for you. 
    @Mack2342 Hoping you still get a happy surprise too
  • Options
    Sorry everyone.... the outlook isn't promising.  Apparently the lab did a qualitative, instead of a quantitative test (UGH). So the good news is it's positive. The bad news is, even though I don't have the exact number, the test did indicate the number is between 5 and 25. So super low, especially for where I'm at.

I've been down this road before... I know what's coming...

I mean, I guess there could be some type of miracle... but I doubt it.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer damn it all. I'll still cross everything that there is a better outcome then it appears to be.  I'm truly sorry that it has to be this way. Life is cruel.
  • Options
    prpl11butterfly Thanks... I gotta go get stabbed again tonight to get an actual exact number.  *sigh*

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I don't even understand why they would do it that way. I can see doing qualitative if your an ER patient and they have to verify status. But if your specifically going in for that, then it automatically should have been quant. So so dumb.
  • Options
    prpl11butterfly  Right!?!?  I think it's because between my last PG (almost 2 years ago) and this one, UPMC took over our local hospital and medical care.  And if you're not aware, they pretty much f-ed up health care in the Pittsburgh area.  Hence why I had to ARGUE with my doctor to even get a beta without getting seen first!  I was like... I'm a furloughed fed who is NOT driving an extra 20 min out of my way to get to your office, to pay a CO-pay, so I can pee on YOUR stick... THEN drive to get the bloodwork done anyway.  But that's their NEW procedure under UPMC.  And the qualitative instead of quantitative test is probably also their procedure.  Super freaking stupid...

Guess it's good I'm furloughed and have nothing better to do than to drive my happy ass all over the damned place to get these numbers while I'm crying my head off... totes awesome.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Ugh @dpjennifer, I'm so sorry you didn't get better news. Still crossing everything for you and hoping for a good second number. 

Also, argh, just so many feelings about this. I hate that we're all such "experts" about betas and hcg and progesterone levels, and all the things. It makes me ragey. So many hugs to you, regardless of what your second number is. Being in limbo is crap.
  • Options
    ruby696  Funny story (as in, I want to slit my wrists because it's so pathetic, so I have to laugh at it so I don't kill myself funny)... when I called the doctor's office yesterday morning to speak to a nurse, I started with my spiel of "my name is X and I'm a patient of Y and I have had 4 MC. I found out I was PG this morning and am calling for a beta test."  The nurse NO SHIT said to me "Wait, you found out you were PG this morning?  :: super confused sounding ::  How?"

Like... I saw a raven flew to the west while dropping poop on a pig?  How the fuck do people USUALLY find out their PG lady!?!?  Jesus....

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer No. Just no. Someone that stupid should not be allowed to answer phones. She needs to go back to the file room. Maybe she can read some charts and learn how it works while she's there.
  • Options
    @dpjennifer Oh girl I am holding out hope for you ❤️❤️❤️
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I've been under the impression that a qualitative test simple shows positive or negative. I didn't think qualitative could show the level of HCG, which is why quantitative tests are needed (for those of us that need to see the levels increasing). I'm not trying to get hopes up or say don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine, cause RPL sucks sucks sucks and we know all too well that things most likely won't be fine. But I am a bit confused about the accuracy you can get from a qualitative. 
    Praying for that damn miracle.
  • Options
    40momma Thanks!  Yeah, I've never had a qualitative test that I'm aware of. It's ALWAYS been quantitative.  I've got this tiny hope that maybe the tech just wrote down hcg level of 5-25 to indicate positive, and didn't actually notate an actual amount (or not amount was even taken).  *sigh*  I had to get the quantitative test earlier this evening, so we'll see what happens... should find out tomorrow, probably in the afternoon.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I got a false positive on a FRER today.  A dark, pink line.  I felt it was too dark for my first positive, luckily, and figured something was wrong with it.  I held my pee for 4 hours and my test tonight was as negative as they come.  That stung a bit. 
  • Options
    kerco925   Sorry.  False hope is awful!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer I’m just getting caught up in all of this and sending you all the positive thoughts!!! I am really hoping for some wonderful news for you tomorrow!!!

@kerco925 I’m sorry, that’s so hard! 
  • Options
    @kerco925 Oh, I'm sorry, that's just a slap in the face.
  • Options
    @kerco925 I'm sorry. That's such a letdown.
  • Options
    Mack2342Mack2342 member
    edited January 2019
    @kerco925 I’m sorry.  

@dpjennifer FX for good news today! Also I agree with @40momma.  I believe a qualitative test is just like a HPT and tells you whether there is HCG present but doesn’t give an actual number.  
  • Options
    @kerco925 I’m sorry, that’s such a blow :(@dpjennifer Fuck. I’m sorry you’re in limbo hell. Fx for good news.
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I hope you'll update us on your betas. Or have a "friend" update us. Still sending you all my good thoughts. Hugs <3
  • Options
    I keep checking here hoping for good news @dpjennifer
  • Options
    @dpchickens omg omg omg!! I'm so so hoping this is it for you!
  • Options
    @dpchickens OMG am so effing excited for you! Grow baby chicken, grow!!