August 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-in January 10-16

AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
edited January 2019 in August 2019 Moms
Feel free to answer some or all of the questions below or just make general conversation. 

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: What are some little things that bring you joy?

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in January 10-16

• @purplg8r I'm glad you were able to advocate for yourself and get another appt with your RE! Sounds like your LO is doing really well. 

How far along are you? 7w1d today

Anyone have an appointment this week? Had an appt on Monday, 1/7, and saw and heard the HB. The embryo was so tiny but it seemed like the HB was strong. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Have started to not want to eat vegetables except potatoes. I have more aversions than cravings and then will think of one very specific thing that I would be willing to eat. Sore boobs, sometimes extreme fatigue (but some days I'm totally fine), a bit of nausea here and there but nothing too bad at all, crazy dreams. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm trying to find a new OB and my RE gave me some recs but the top rec is booked up for August EDDs so I'm having to go down the list. I would rather not make an appt until after we graduate but get the sense that the appts fill up really fast so I need to do it now. TMI - I had an internal hemoroid that was a real B and my RE prescribed Anucort which is Class C (steroid). I ended up getting it filled but not actually using it when I realized it was Class C and I think I've got it under control now. If anyone has this happen I did Tuck's (didn't help a ton because internal but helped a little), sitz baths, and I made my own little suppositories out of coconut oil. I also tried to put coconut oil in my food for a couple days. Weird but seemed to help. Also ate extra fiber and lots of water, but I'm pretty good about those things already. 

GTKY: What are some little things that bring you joy? Our dogs, who are all hilarious and full of personality. Tea in the morning. Snuggles on the couch with DH. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplg8r I love that you talked your RE into one last US! Will that be our second or third with him/her? Will you graduate to your OB before week 10? Sorry for all the questions. We're still deciding if we're going to stay with our RE (who also practices as an OB, but it's totally optional to stay with him. I think more of his patients go to a traditional OB).

@zamora_spin What was your LO's CRL? Ours (at 6w0d) seemed so small to me, too. That sounds so uncomfortable. I hope that's not a reoccurring thing during pregnancy for you!!

@Avrilmai What a big appointment! How are you feeling about transitioning to your OB after your first US? Are you craving any specific fruits? I feel like I've been living off of fruit and carbs the past week or so. Meat and veggies (which I normally love)? No thanks!

What's going on this week? Just the waiting game for our next US on the 24th (at 9w0d) with our RE.

How far along are you? 7+1

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope

Cravings/Symptoms? Feeling nauseated any time I start to get hungry, but also not wanting most foods I normally like. Lowkey craving sushi, it comes and goes. Other than that, just so tired!

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Not right now

Questions? Did anyone have a US at/near 6w0d? Our babe measured at .36 cm, which seemed so, so tiny to me. That was also a few days behind where I thought we were. 

GTKY: What are some little things that bring you joy? Our dogs (we have a pit bull and a doberman who both look scary, but they are both giant babies and scared of our 7lb cat. Also popsicles. 
  • @oklahomak On Monday I was 6w4d (we know exactly because IVF) and LO measured .41 cm CRL and the print-out I got says 6w1d, so LO was measuring three days behind. HB was 138 when RE measured it which seems very high for an LO that small and my RE was the most excited I've ever seen and seemed unconcerned about the slightly small measurement. She said for where I was she just wanted to see between .25 - .5 cm. From what I understand measurements can be off by up to 5 days just due to error or the angle. If LO is measuring within a week of what you expect and has a HB the drs are generally not worried. It's not unusual for them to catch-up or just maybe the measurement becomes a bit more accurate as they get bigger. It's not fun to measure behind (I would definitely like for LO to measure exactly right!) but most of the time it really doesn't mean anything. 
  • @zamora_spin That HB is so great!! I can't imagine how comforting that was to see! Also, I'm glad to hear ours isn't the only little bean! I lowkey panicked and stalked all of the month ultrasound threads to check everyone else's measurements at six weeks. 

We couldn't hear the heart beat at our US, but we could see it. We have another one on the 24th, so I think I'll be so much more calm after we can hear it.
  • @zamora_spin my OB won’t let me even make an appt until I’ve graduated and they can have the complete file moved over so that might be something to check into. 

@Avrilmai mmmm a blueberry bagel sounds good! 

@oklahomak it’ll be my third ultrasound and I’ll graduate at 8w5d. How do you feel about your RE?
  • What's going on this week? First full work week after winter break. They’re calling for snow this weekend, so hoping for a day off on Monday!

How far along are you? 7 weeks!

Anyone have an appointment this week? I had my last US with the RE last Thurs 1/10. First appt and US with my OB on Thurs 1/17. Not sure what to expect - they didn’t tell me much other than I’d have an ultrasound and have a short 10-15 min meeting with the OB. I have yet to have blood drawn since being pregnant, so wondering when they’ll start doing that or if they’ll need a urine sample 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cravings/Symptoms? Very minimal symptoms. Boobs are sore, I’m tired and hungry. No nausea or cravings. Some strong smells and some foods that don’t seem appetizing but nothing crazy.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I’m excited to start telling more people! Our appt next week is at 8 weeks and we will be sharing the news with H’s family the following week, then close friends! I’ve been avoiding talking to most of my friends until we can share the news 😂 Some of them know we’ve been trying so it’s awkward to pretend that we’re still planning to do an IUI this month.

Questions? Has anyone started working on a registry? I made one with Amazon to get the welcome box but now I’m actually taking time to research everything and change what I’ve picked. There’s so much to consider!

GTKY: What are some little things that bring you joy? Snuggling with the pups and my H, snow days when I could really use a day off from work. It’s such a pain to deal with subs when teaching high level math classes, so I hardly ever take off work. Snow days are a win win!
  • @purplg8r

@zamora_spin Igh, hemorrhoids are awful. I’m surprised your RE prescribes a class C without saying anything to you. Glad it’s better under control now!  

@Avrilmai Dang it- I meant to get bagels at the store after you previously mentioned them. I’m 110% for precut fruit to decrease my work. I also love water!  

@dogmomma096 Enjoy your snow day!  

@oklahomak It’s mind blowing how tiny they are at this point!  

——-

What's going on this week? Work, despite everywhere else being closed. 

How far along are you? 7+3 

Anyone have an appointment this week? I have been to the RE 3 times times week. I’m hoping I don’t see him again until the 22nd.  I have a large SCH & have had some overwhelming symptoms related to that. I’m starting Heparin tomorrow. 

Cravings/Symptoms?  Apples have sounded great this week. Most things sound awful until I can latch onto one or two things. The nausea is better under control with unisom+B6+zofran. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  So. Much. Snow. 

Questions? 

GTKY: My cat, decluttering, and delicious food. 
  • @jrm_14 So glad the nausea is better under control! I totally feel you on most things sounding gross and then that one thing coming to mind that you can eat. I was very surprised too that she didn’t mention it was class C. I also mentioned to the pharmacist that I am pregnant and no one said anything. Oh well.
  • @dogmomma096 I feel like I should start a registry but I don’t even know where to begin 

@jrm_14 I’m sorry about the SCH.  That had to be scary 
  • @purplg8r Some of the STMs recommend starting an Amazon registry. If you complete the checklist, which is just adding one thing from each category of baby stuff, they will send you a free $34 welcome box. Plus, you can enjoy a 15% discount by having everything purchased before EDD or something like that. The STMs said you can do this at a lot of different places to get free welcome boxes :) My point in all of that is that I didn't know where to begin either, but the categories made it easier to see what I might need. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake ooh!!  I like free stuff!!  Thanks-I’m going to check it out!
  • @jrm_14 so glad to hear the nausea is easing up a bit. Glad you found a med combo that is working for you. I hope you've had that break from your RE.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @avrilmai Yes- I have made it to Tuesday without seeing the RE again!  I have decided that even if the SCH has more issues this week, I’m waiting until our next scheduled scan to check. The RE seemed okay with this. 

I started heparin last night. So far, so good!  2 shots down, hopefully dozens more to go. 

@purplg8r I’ve made the amazon registry (and kept it private) for the free box!  You don’t even have to have something from every category- just click the check mark. I added something we already needed (like laundry soap), and ordered it for the $10 purchasebefore they send your box.