February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms (1/3-1/10)

13»

Re: Weekly randoms (1/3-1/10)

• Options
    @changadee Ah, an extra tote is brilliant! I am definitely going to do that!
  • Options
    anyone else getting lower back pains? Its been night two and only when I lay down. Its almost like back contractions as they come and go. If I get up to walk around they don’t come but once I lay down they start. I’m having twins so I’m not sure if they are just rubbing on something when I lay down or what. I don’t get any pains during the day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cali1710 I get a ton of hip and back pain when I lay down. I think it's because of her weight pressing on the area. It's not as bad if I'm sitting or walking. 
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 I’m good during the day thankfully. Its about 3 hours into sleeping I get what feel like contractions in my lower back. They come and go and are super painful. But only when laying down. I get up and walk around and they go away. I slept upwards a couple hours tonight and nothing ao I laid back down and they were back. Its very strange. 
  • Options
    @cali1710 My lower back pain went to defcon 11 yesterday.  I kept trying to find ways to slightly twist and then got on my knees and did cat/cow etc to try to deal. It was excruciating. I also was feeling maybe braxton Hicks or contractions so I am not sure all of the causes. The baby was moving a ton yesterday so I think maybe he dropped and the pressure down and back there changed a lot. With you in that it really sucks!
  • Options
    @cali1710 I think the worst for me right now is not knowing how it's going to feel when I stand up!  Sometimes it's fine and all is well and then other times it feels like she's either falling out or stabbing my cervix!  The worst is the first time getting out of bed in the morning.  Depending on how she has shifted while I'm sleeping, I never know if one of my legs will be numb because she's on a nerve or if my hips will feel like she's trampolined off of them all night!

On another note, I'm drafting up birth announcements with the 3 names we're considering to see if it helps me choose.  So far the answer to that is a big fat no.  My boys, however, have all decided on their favorites and of course all 3 like different names.  This should be fun!  Especially since DH is very non-committal on EVERYTHING!  It's always, "what do you want."  If that's the case, I'm going to end up naming this baby on my own!
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn yikes that sounds like it would hurt!! I never experienced this wth DD but I’m thinking, like you said, they are just runnjng out of room and pushing on stuff. I would think if it was preterm labour Id be feeling stuff all day not just at night. 

@bellebaby221 oh the stabbing of the cervix.  Always a fun time. I know what you mean about getting up in the morning. DD has been sick and last night she woke up screaming and I got up so fast. Oh man the worst pain. What do you do for birth announcement!! That sounds fun! We have narrowed our names down to three sets so now its a waiting game. Of course we all like different ones too. My DH is non committal with names too. Very annoying. 
  • Options
    @cali1710 I found an adorable announcement on shutterfly that really coordinates well with our nursery theme (not that it matters but I love the woodland animals theme!). My brother does photography so I'm going to get him to take pictures of the boys with the new baby after she gets here and then send the announcements to everyone. We don't see many of our friends/family since we moved and I want them to see her with her brothers. 
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 that's great! I'm glad you're feeling better!! I've been taking magnesium to help manage headaches and avoid 🤞 migraines. I've been taking Pedialyte too when I feel off as opposed to my usual  Powerade zero. I've 1 or 2 migraines not being able to take real migraine meds is rough
  • Options
    riatortillaxoriatortillaxo member
    edited January 2019
    @bellebaby221  I’m also doing woodland animals and I found an announcement that goes with that theme too. There are so many adorable things to go with this theme!
  • Options
    My blood pressure started going up on Monday,  with the headaches and stuff.  It was borderline at the doctor's office,  but I brought in about 3 days worth of hourly readings that showed how much it jumped around. With those they decided to monitor it continuously for a while,  and eventually put me on blood pressure meds and magnesium (and bed rest...groan).  One blood pressure check is just not enough to make a decision with, imo.