August 2019 Moms

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 1/10

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 1/10

• Lol, whoops, my bad! I dropped the ball this week.
  • The weirdest dinner. I planned on making cauliflower fried rice with salmon so I did..then decided I NEEDED cheese and preferably something pizza flavored. And I was starving. So I made 2 mini “pizzas” putting red sauce, cheese and pepperoni on bread in the toaster over 🤷🏻‍♀️ I ate it ALL
  • Loading the player...
  • @deecherise Don’t sweat it. I know you got your hands full of respawning the apocalyptic bacterium straptonenemus and warding off evil partner asshat!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @crossfitmomtobe, this was one of my fave things my dad used to make after language classes. And now I want this too. *adding to my list of things to eat when I return to amsterdam*

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I was craving chicken alfredo and my husband made it for me but then the smell of it cooking made me gag. :-/ I've been eating a LOT of bagels and cream cheese, and fruit with cottage cheese. Trying to be healthy but also just trying to eat...I've lost like 10 lbs with constant nausea. :-/
  • @WinchesterGirl after you posted about chicken and dumplings I had to have it! I actually made it for the first time ever the week after. We ate it for a couple of days and then I was done with it. But have some in the freezer for future cravings!

today all I wanted was a blueberry bagel, alas only plain available, so I had to settle.

Trying to decide if we're going to have good pizza for dinner or go to this nicer restaurant. We have a gift card for the nicer place, but I'll have to be one of those customers that asks for food to be altered since I'm KU. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• And now I want bagels. *skips out of lab for a bagel*
  • Blueberry English Muffin. Sweet/salty carbs. Perfect.
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. A fresh slice of cheese pizza from Costco. All the carbs right now and I’m hungry every 2 hours. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I need to start walking more. 
  • @crossfitmomtobe I also have been craving cheese and pizza like crazy! I like your mini pizza idea, I will have to give that a try 👍🏼
  • Told DH I would take the car in to be serviced so that I could eat the free doughnuts they put out 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Babylovecali super easy!!!  And yeah, I feel I crave cheese and carbs all dayyyy. Cheese and bread or pizza or quesadillas or cheese and potatoes lol 
  • We had chicken and dumplings again tonight, and the baby insisted on chocolate cake. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Black bean and corn enchiladas omg....

Also, I wish I was full of tacos instead of emotions. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I just ordered cookies for delivery because I'm grumpy and I want sweets. #noshame
  • I have practically been living off of bagels and fresh fruit, those are always my go to first tri foods. I have an aversion to chicken right now, hoping that passes soon. 

Last night at like 10:30 I was craving garlic bread but smdid not have any on hand...so I took a hamburger bun, butter, garlic powder and parsley and made some in a skillet. Don't knock it til you try it lol. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Peanut butter and Nutella half sandwhiches right before bed and sometimes right when I get up. Not very healthy but they settle my tummy for quite a while! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I feel like I need help with packing food for work. Morning sickness is like sea sickness for me in that if I just keep eating, I can generally manage it. So it is 10:30 in the morning and I have eaten my almonds and 75%  all of my sandwich, leaving me two clementines and a granola bar for the rest of the day...not going to end well. I'd love to hear what other are bringing for healthy-ish snacks when all you want to eat is carbs. 
  • @Amdogger82 I like to bring the individual serving bags of Popcorners to work. 
    https://www.amazon.com/Popcorners-Variety-Pack-24-Count/dp/B0090C1R4W/ref=sr_1_17_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1547653920&sr=8-17&keywords=popped+corners

I've also been snacking on individual servings of applesauce. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • + 1 on the applesauce! I like rice cakes for snacking too--easy on the stomach.
  • @Amdogger82 Pretzels? PB filled pretzels?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm currently enjoying a bacon grilled cheese for lunch and it is delightful. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @Amdogger82 this week I've been bringing trail mix/granola with nuts and dried fruit for a mid-morning snack. I also have a sleeve of saltines at my desk for "emergencies." I've added fruit to my lunch. For the afternoon I have either a Greek yogurt or cheese stick, but a food fairy at work puts out some kind of chips/popcorn every afternoon so I sometimes snack on that. But all of this is coming from someone who has had toast for dinner the last 2 nights... 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai :D Grains are good for you!

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I heard an ad for Taco Bell on my way home from work. So even though I've never eaten there in my life as soon as I got home I told DH we were making nachos and gauc for dinner. Luckily we had all the ingredients in the house. I totally over ate.

• Ironically @mrosek91, I'm taking a quick lab break to go get some TBell right now. I've been craving it for hours.
  • Anyone else craving everything spicy? I'm all about the hot sauce when the nausea finally passes in the evening! Like seriously, I just put hot sauce all over a bowl of popcorn. My husband thinks I'm so gross!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @aecm, all the spicy food. I constantly want anything spicy. Added peppers to my eggs. Added hot sauce to my soup. My Chinese friend said in China when you crave spicy, it’s means a girl. I’m sure it’s an old wives tale but made me laugh. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Thank you all for the great suggestions! I have some popcorn, grapes, and cheese (actually, I already ate that..oops) in addition to my normal food. Got my sea bands on (thank you for sharing this, @EmilyA724) and I'm feeling optimistic about getting through today! 

I am also craving everything spicy! 
  • @AKuzReve It definitely is because we are having a boy! Hey maybe y'all are having boys too! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• French fries! But, they have to be steak fries. We now have multiple bags of frozen French fries in the freezer. I’m real good at knowing the right amount and time to use with the air fryer, to get the not to soft & not to hard fry. Sometimes that’s the only thing I’ll have for dinner. *shameful...but I don’t care* 😂
    Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
  • Woke up craving banana chocolate chip muffins and coffee. Luckily I had everything in the house to make the muffins! Hubby won't eat them, so I get the whole batch!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers