BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
Team Green!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC 1/11

• Loading the player...
  • I think anti-doctor and anti-hospital rhetoric is wildly detrimental to the health of expectant moms and babies. Do terrible doctors and nurses exist? Sure. I have had terrible doctors. But find one you love and trust and they will do everything they can to take care of you. Doctors are not the evil enemy.

This doesn't mean that I don't think homebirth or intervention free birth isn't a valid choice. But know your risk level and be willing to part ways with your expectations for the sake of your health and your baby's health. 
  • @Amdogger82 Yes, my dog is the best for clean up! My mom cringes when she sees my daughter feeding him her leftovers too, but I look at it is one less dirty dish to clean and no food waste!

@lilmamabebe3 YES! YES! YES! I think as a nurse, I am extra sensitive to the topic, but I don't understand why people (not all, but some) have it in their head that their OBGYN or L&D nurse is trying to do something that isn't in their best interest.  Obviously there are some bad people out there in every profession and you need to advocate for yourself, but most doctors and nurses really do want what is best for their patients.  

I have been so exhausted after work plus my husband has been late most of the week, so I have been letting my daughter snuggle with me on the couch watching her tablet while I zone out and watch TV for an hour each night before I start dinner.  I figure she is learning and playing all day, an hour won't kill her, right? 
  • @Avrilmai now I really want a bagel with cream cheese....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• edited January 2019
    @lilmamabebe3 I agree. I don't understand why people would risk the life and health of their baby. Yes, it's a natural process. And yes, women have done it for thousands and thousands of years without hospitals. However, many of them or their babies died. Things can and do go wrong. And in those cases, seconds count.

Here We have this (theoretically) great facility called the birth centre. Staffed by midwives, and apparently it's an amazing place to labour and deliver. However, it's a 7 min drive, lights and sirens to the nearest L&D hospital.
    So, by the time the midwife realizes there's a problem, calls 911, an ambulance is dispatched and responds, it could be 15 min before we arrive on scene (could be shorter or longer. Depends where the closest available unit is). Then even if we literally just grab and go, it's another 10 min to get you out of the centre, into our ambulance. Then a 7 min drive, and at least 5 min to get through the hospital up to the L&D floor. So you're looking at potentially almost 40 min to get you to the OR.

Or, you could deliver at the hospital, where when the nurse/doctor/midwife realizes there is a problem, you are wheeled 1 minute down the hallway to the OR.

I dunno. Maybe I've just seen too many things go wrong. I don't know statistics on complications, But we get called pretty much daily to the birth centre...
  • I’m not against birthing centers, but my OB had an application in to open one in our city. It was denied and the closest birthing center (2.5 hrs away) was shut down due to the infant mortality rates. It seems that my state can’t seem to put together a good birthing center, and that many have issues with high mortality. 

My FFFC is that I kind of want to feel the contractions this labor instead of getting an epidural. I’m going to do the epidural because I’m scared I can’t do it unmedicated, but I’m curious. I’ve had cysts and abdominal surgeries for pelvic issues and I was always told by my OB that I would be well-prepared for labor because of my painful periods. My epidural wore off right before I started pushing last time and it was bearable, so I would just like to know. Too scared to decide I want one though only to be told it is too late. 

• I have one..

Possible TW
    It hurts SO much seeing women who are on their 12th pregnancy, have had 3 abortions, have 8 kids they don't take care of/have custody of, and are full term and high out of their face and drunk. (Numbers are examples. The highest I've seen is G20 P7 and she was 28 years old).

Why?! Why are their pregnancies successful when mine never are?

(Sorry, extra sensitive/grumpy about it today  because I'm cramping and spotting heavily)
  • @wabash15 along those same lines, I hate when babies who have barely started growing hair are forced to wear tight little pigtails/ponytails. My SIL admonished my brother for taking my niece's hair down when he thought it was too tight because "she needs to get used to her hair being in a style" 😤😤😤 Maybe this is more of a UO, but I wish people would just leave their baby girls' hair alone until it's actually long enough to do something with.
  • I also don’t understand the anti-hospital mentality. Most hospital groups have dedicated midwife practices if you want that more personal experience but I agree that I don’t understand why you wouldn’t place yourself right in the middle of the best possible care available in a worst case scenario. I have a girlfriend who was super healthy, had an uneventful pregnancy and delivery, and then hemorrhaged so badly she had to be rushed in for emergency surgery shortly after giving birth - she would have died if they couldn’t get her to the OR in minutes. Not worth it in my opinion. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I haven't minded going back to work as much as I thought I would.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• The only reason I'm going to my friend's Super Bowl party is to flaunt my bump to an ex fling's wife. I don't care about football and I am too tired to go out on an evening I could otherwise stay in. 
  • ElcaB said:
    The only reason I'm going to my friend's Super Bowl party is to flaunt my bump to an ex fling's wife. I don't care about football and I am too tired to go out on an evening I could otherwise stay in. 
    Just curious. Why would this make her jealous?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Also, is there a mile high club for the workplace? I'm a member. 
    Me too
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't worn makeup more than 2 days in the last 10 years. One was my wedding and one was a huge work presentation. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• hillaryo14hillaryo14 member
    edited January 2019
    My DD's daycare, they put out cookies for the parents on Fridays. I give her a chocolate chip cookie just so she'll get chocolate all over her face just because it bothers DH. Of course I clean her up quickly after we get home, but for those few minutes, I love seeing him cringe over it!
  • I think Mickey Mouse attire looks trashy. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• My husband has to be to work at 10am. It takes him 20 minutes to get there. He sets two alarm clocks. One for 7am and one for 8am. Sometimes, I turn off his 7am so I don't have to hear him complain about how tired he is. 

He asked me to stop using Uber Eats to order from the taco place I really like. I told him I would, but I still do it. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• So what exactly is a mile high club at the workplace? Having sex at work? Sex with a coworker in an airplane? Sex on a plane while on business? Whatever it is I have not done it but I’m definitely curious...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @moon1417 Is that a UO or a confession? @olivemomma It’s sex at work girl. Mile high club in general is sex on a plane but it could be with anyone and personal/business trip to qualify.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I may have weaseled myself into an extra ultrasound but I am not calling to cancel now.

my last two appointments have had u/s 

I have had work trip come up and I needed to reschedule my 1/31 appointment to the day before ... so I called and chatted with scheduling and asked if my dr had another appointment with u/s available (blaming that on habit and pregnant brain).. got my appointment rescheduled no problem.

it wasn’t until a day later that I realized it was just supposed to be an OB appointment not with a u/s ...

reason its not 100% my fault... she would have had to put in two scheduling blocks ... one for Dr , one for U/s ... but would have only been one in there for me in the first place .

I’ll take the extra peek.

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Home birth is sooo common here but I’m not for it. 

Im thinking of the birthing Center attached to the hospital. You only have a midwife here unless you’re medium or high risk and I don’t think I am so I have a midwife. I am going no drugs because the only way to guarantee it is to be induced and I don’t want that. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @suzycupcake I actually don’t remember the last time I shaved my legs 😬
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @hey_clever_girl @suzycupcake can I join the hairy legs club? I haven't shaved anything since November. It started off as a no-shave-November joke, but then I just haven't done anything with it...
  • I shaved for my US appt but haven’t considered shaving otherwise 😂 Sex is less appealing after having some bleeding (it was unrelated to sex but still makes me nervous). Maybe I’ll get my groove back once I’m out of first tri.
  • @dogmomma096, I also shaved for the first time in months for my u/s appt. I hate shaving in the winter because it’s so cold. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I am living full-on leggings as pants mode, mostly because my jeans don’t fit and I only have so many tunics. Sorry, world. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dogmomma096 I will say that's one good thing to come out of this placenta previa diagnosis: my midwife said absolutely zero intercourse. Which is fine by me, because it's the LAST thing in the world I want right now. 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @zamora_spin I’m so jealous! I took one yesterday while DH watched my son and it was amazing!

I’m in the hairy leg and no intercourse club too. I have a SCH so until that resolves I’m on pelvic rest. Not in the mood either. 
  • @suzycupcake He's making her wait to have babies. 
  • I'm planning a home birth. (apparently that is FFFC worthy here)
    I have a lot more that would blow you out of the water. I am a birth doula and have seen stuff and heard stories from good friends. I know enough to know that the hospital is not an ideal setting for a lot of people. So, let's stop judging. I love my baby just as much as you do. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy

I'm not sure what kind of reception you've had elsewhere, but I don't see anyone here knocking your choice. To each her own; every birth has its risks.
  • @mrstuessy I think home birth for the right candidates can be a great choice.  I'm not sure that anyone was judging in the UO opinion thread, but more so stating what they felt comfortable with. To each their own and each person needs to do what is right for them and their family.  
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17