April 2019 Moms

What are you Crafting?

Show us your projects! Baby, Kid, home, ANY craft! 

Me: 32 DH: 31
TTC #2 since January 2018
Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

Re: What are you Crafting?

• My crafting comes from Amazon Prime and Etsy...whoops.
  • edited January 2019
    I’m more a Betty Crocker than a Martha Stewart. This baby is pretty much as crafty as I get. Lol
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I would REALLY like to post some pictures but they are on my phone. I am so fucking annoyed with trying to bump on the mobile app. It's horrendous. It made me log in 4 times. I try to add to the discussion, there is no box. When I try to click reply it takes me to a stupid bump article. ARRRG.  

• @kosmo86 that is super cute! I'm doing a space theme too! Did you sew all the squares together or does it come like that? Also, do you know where the best place to get the minky fabric? My mom mentioned she wants to make baby a blanket. 
  • @kosmo86 dang girl. Both are impressive!
  • @eli_belle - that looks great! 

gollygeeitsamy. The fabric comes like that! Spoonflower.com lets you take any of the 1000s+ fabrics and make a "cheater quilt" out of it. Its not cheap but it was worth it because it is EXACTLY what I wanted! Most craft stores sell minky in all different colors. 

• @eli_belle I’m loving the hedgehog theme!
  • I haven't been nearly as crafty this pregnancy as my first, but I'm loving the photos!  My biggest "crafty," item on the agenda for this babe is painting white birch trees on one wall of the nursery.  But drywall has to go up first :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kosmo86 I love the the mermaid wall. Our kids bathroom is mermaid/pirate theme. I just bought some mermaidfabric to make a blanket for this little girl.

I just realize my pregnancy brain took zero of all the projects I did before Christmas. I did cousins Christmas pjs, some burp cloths, pot holders for the grandmas and great grandmas, and a couple signs 
  • ^^^ugh deleted my comment and won't let me edit. I'm crocheting that for baby girl but with slightly different colors
  • @booksandlace that’s so cool. I wish I could crochet (I tried a couple times and completely failed lol) But I do love that quote. Maybe I’ll make a sign with it for DDs room
  • lyse01lyse01 member
    edited January 2019
    Does pickling onions count? 

I feeeeel crafty.
  • @lyse01 - I LOVE pickled onions! 

• I’m not very crafty, but this weekend DH and I are working on painting letters for LO’s wall that spell out his name. We looked around for some finished letters that we liked but couldn’t find any so we’re painting our own. This is just the primer, they’ll be green when we’re finished. 

• @mighty_montgomery beautiful! And how fortunate that you started early because now it’s finished!
  • You guys are so talented!
  • @mighty_montgomery @kbirchtree and @eli_belle you gals are all so talented. Those blankets looks great!
  • @kbirchtree, those are the colors I'm leaning towards using for our nursery!

You guys are all so talented, seeing all these great projects is inspiring!  If I get a chance to borrow my mom's sewing machine, I'm definitely gonna get to some baby projects myself....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm making a mess preparing for Taxes! 
  • With the attic complete, my husband is working on new partition strips. I'm not helping because I would definitely mess it up!

The light wood in the middle is what it looked like when he bought it. The ones on the outside are mid-project: stained and in the process of being oiled.

Here is one of the transitions. The old metal partition is there, we've had it sitting there since we removed the carpet. Because the metal strips were made for the measurements of a carpet, it leaves a gap between the wood and the bottom of the partition. With or without the metal ones, you might still stub a toe. My husband found wood strips he likes. Hopefully they have the right measurements.
  • kosmo86 said:
    ok so I finished the first 3 paintings for the nursery! I am pretty happy with them. 

You are so talented!! 😍
  • @kosmo86 love them! Nice work
  • @kosmo86, I love them, you're amazing! 

I'm leaning towards a space theme for this little one's bedroom (mostly because of this cool moon night light I found) except I want to paint white birch trees on the wall, so who knows.  Can you tell me what color blue is on the walls in your picture?  It's almost exactly the shade I've been looking for!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt I will look when I get home. I know its from home depot and its a bear ultra plus. I really love that color too. 

• 2 of 3 partitions done last night. Happening just in time for our Shower on Saturday!
  • @triskele maybe it’s not intentional (or doesn’t look as cool in person) but I’m really digging the bottom layer’s mottled paint. It’s like we’re starting to see the definition in trees on the closest mountains!
  • @triskele Bob Ross would be proud 😍
  • @triskele Did you freehand that?! It is gorgeous!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers