April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 1/7

Re: Randoms w/o 1/7

• @lyse01 I finally went back to sleep around 4AM till I had to get up at 7AM. I did some laundry and the dishes while I was wide awake but now I'm falling asleep at my desk. Are you feeling as exhausted as I'm feeling?
  • @gollygeeitsamy yeah, I slept again 5-7:30 when DD woke up and I nursed her back to sleep. I wish I’d been able to do laundry and dishes while awake but the layout of our apartment plus DH’s ban on doors that may have ever had lead paint on them means I would have woken everyone up. I ended up dealing with my email inbox and a few pieces of physical mail.

Side note: house projects include stripping the doors and repainting because the doors are a century plus old and it’ll be impossible to find new doors that aren’t square in the exact same way that the door frames aren’t square.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm doing my best to catch up on reading the randoms. Life has been crazy, and I'm not doing a good job at keeping up with anything.

I was in triage for the second time this week yesterday. I'm really not trying to make a habit of that. The OB had me come in yesterday because I hadn't felt baby girl move in 2 days. I'm still a little early for daily kick counts, but they said I should at least be feeling some movement daily.

Thankfully, everything looks good with her. But the doc said it was definitely a God thing that I was in there yesterday because my blood pressure was really high. They said my labs came back normal, but I'm being put on labetalol for gestational hypertension and they're keeping a close eye to make sure it's not going to develop into preeclampsia. This kid is just really determined to make me go gray before she's born. But I'm at least thankful that she's doing well.

• @chrissdee I didn't have any gray hair until I was hospitalized with DD in the antepartum wing. No joke.
  • mrstmoose said:
    @chrissdee I didn't have any gray hair until I was hospitalized with DD in the antepartum wing. No joke.
    Lucky. I've been going grey since like...17.

@chrissdee I'm glad you went in and that things are looking good for baby girl. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You guys I am a freaking disaster today. With the stress of everything I got all the way to work and realized I forgot to do my insulin shots this morning. I can’t go back home now and it’s like 30 min after I’ve eaten. 

I am going to be a giant hormonal ball of stress and nerves and guilt all freaking day. 

I’ve never forgotten before. And DH was just commenting this morning that my forgetfulness is in peak form. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Hugs @thatbaintforbetty. Can you set some sort of reminder to help you not forget in the AM? Or put a note on the back door or steering wheel? That sounds crummy.
  • Thanks everyone!!

@lin0442 I really like weight lifting.  I hate cardio but squatting or leg pressing double my own weight is super empowering!  (and women burn more fat weight lifting than doing cardio!  We've all been told lies for years.  Pack on the weight plates, ladies)

@mrdcle @mrstmoose I started going grey at 23.  I'm embracing it at the moment and going to see what it will look like once all my colour has grown out.  H isn't loving it haha.

@thatbaintforbetty sorry for the crummy day!  I hope you don't let that guilt get too much of you.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lyse01, I have been averaging 4-5 MOTN pees in the past week. I pee so often in the night that I don't even bother flushing until morning. what's worse- the last pee is usually about an hour before my alarm goes off. :( this morning it happened 30 min before my alarm went off. 

I am already in love w/ this baby so hard, but I'm kinda hating life right now. :(

on another note: after my shitty insurance company fucked me yesterday, the family went to ted's for dinner and I made my husband order a margarita so I could drink half of it. I also ate until I felt like a sausage casing about to burst. it was awesome. 
  • @MRDCle I probably will from now on, I do have a note in the kitchen with my current dosages on it that should remind me. It’s never happened before though, not with DD or this one. I’m just super super burned out. Like I have so much stuff to plan and do and clearly my brain isn’t working. I don’t even know what would help. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @mrdcle that is very sweet!! 
  • @thatbaintforbetty. Sorry you are having a rough day! I am really starting to get forgetful too! I hate it. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I just took my breakfast number and is was much better then I was expecting. It’s technically still high but actually not that much higher then yesterday when I took my meds. So really it’s just the after lunch that will probably be bad. Which makes me feel a bit better, a bad number is still a bad number but just one really bad number is different then multiple ones. Also I can probably squeeze in some extra walking around and it will probably help with the lunch number.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• You guys, I made the first pot of coffee at 4:45 am. It is 11:30 now and I just finished my first/only cup. It has been a morning.

sympathies to @thatbaintforbetty (surely this happens to GD people and they survive) @batmama31 (good choice on the marg) @chrissdee (glad the babe is okay) and belated congrats to @mermaidca
  • @kosmo86 The hardest part is that my DH is kinda forgetful. I’m the one that always remembers what needs to be paid or done or is due, etc. So it’s really difficult that things are slipping through the cracks. He knows it’s not something I can control and doesn’t blame me but it’s still problematic and annoying. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty - I am pretty grateful. DH is on point. The bills and stuff I do but I just do them once a month but he remembers all the little things and puts reminders in our shared calendar to do stuff. He also always make sure I have all my stuff when I walk out the door!

• @mermaidca Weight lifting is The Best! So satisfying to see your own progress. I miss my oly lifting gym- used to have to eat extra to *not* lose weight.

@thatbaintforbetty It’s hard to lose some of that grasp on all the household to-do lists due to pregnancy drain. Such a struggle to be motivated to do the stuff you manage to remember, too! I try to remember that the world will keep on turning, but the guilt/anxiety can be tough. 

I’ve been on a pretty even emotional keel, all things considered. But I managed to confuse/start an argument with DH last night after crying when he started reading at the dinner table, which I thought was rude (and why use words apparently?). Also dinner didn’t come out good :disappointed: 
  • Very angry today!  😡 My current employer is in a merger/spin and we get new benefits issued April 1 (I'm due Apr 25).  Our current policy is 12 weeks fully paid leave, but now they are talking about changing to 6 weeks full pay and another 6 weeks at 60%. Majorly depressed at having to go back earlier than I had planned. Also pissed that a colleague due a month before might get a longer leave period even though I'm the more senior employee.
  • @tmblickley is there an HR dept that you can sit down and speak with? They should grandfather you into the current leave policy as it is so close to your due date and you were already pregnant and relying on benefits prior to the merger. That sucks!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @tmblickley definitely agree that anyone who has already reported a pregnancy to HR should be grandfathered in under preexisting policy. 
  • kyashley1227kyashley1227 member
    edited January 2019
    My neighbor is doing something very noisy with power tools outside right next to my bedroom and I’m trying to take nap a since I’m sick and have been up since 3 am! Wtf 😭😭😭
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • @tmblickley definitely talk to HR. You should get grandfathered in to the old benefits. Otherwise that’s majorly messed up. 

@thatbaintforbetty glad everything is ok, what an unnerving incident! And did you find something to wear? 

@batmama31 yay for half a margarita! I think tonight I might do a half glass of champagne, just for the hell of it. 

I did not get up early as planned this morning. I woke up at 4am from a Holocaust dream and it took me until my alarm was going to go off to get back to sleep. Oh well. 
  • @kyashley1227 boo.  I hope they stop soon and you get a proper nap.

I just had an older man at work (and older like mid-50's so not like cute old grandpa age) grab my belly.  We were walking towards each other down the hallway and he had his arms stretched out like for a hug, but for my belly.  Then we got closer and he just double-fisted grabbed my belly.  You would never, ever touch any other co-worker so why is it ok now?  Ugh.  I hate confrontation so I just laughed awkwardly and kept going.  
  • @mermaidca wow that is really strange, I wouldn't have known what to do if that happened to me. I feel lucky that the people I'm around are not compelled to touch the belly. 
  • @tmblickley I ditto what everyone else said.

@mermaidca I would mention that to your supervisor, just in case anything else happens. I work at a school and even kids don't touch my belly...
  • Having a sinus infection while pregnant is a sick joke! I just want to be able to breathe! 😭🤧
    Just getting over mine. Tried Sudafed and it made baby move a lot so I didn’t try it again. My Flonase I take for allergies seemed to help. :/ wait it out and drink all the water you can. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy @jlklec19 @mrstmoose He must have known it was weird.  Ran into him in the kitchen just now and he asked if it's weird when people rub my belly...but he said it like when other people do it and like he didn't just do it.  I said it weird that people want to rub my uterus and it's not even like you are feeling him kick.  I asked how he would feel if someone grabbed him?  Then he made some dumb comment about "maybe liking it" so I don't think I'll be getting through to him.  Yuck.
  • @mermaidca blech - I’m sorry you have to deal with someone like that. 
  • @mermaidca 1) I agree with loving weight lifting 110% more than cardio. I’d much rather do a deadlift or squat than run. When I was competively swimming I could legpress twice my weight. Now that I’m almost to 3rd trimester I avoid heavy cardio days at boot camp. But I hate not being able to do any excercises on my back
    2) That coworker is definitely a creeper! I would avoid him like the plague 

Sorry I’ve MIA lately. Just super tired and crazy busy. On the plus side my phone usage has been down the past two weeks lol.  I had my one hour glucose test today. Fingers crossed I don’t have to do the three hour one (I did with the other two).
    +1 to peeing 4-5 times before I fall asleep at night. It doesn’t seem to matter on much or little fluids I drink it’s always the same. I’m also a 100+oz water drinker (I’ve been known to drink 70oz by noon on workout days)so I know it’s partially my fault
    DS hasn’t been taking consistent naps which means I don’t get a nap. It’s crazy how exhausted I feel all day but when it’s actually time to sleep the insomnia kicks in
  • Good to see you @blueberrymomma!!
  • @mermaidca, ew...definitely a creeper.  Hopefully that doesn't happen again!  I always think of the greatest comebacks after the fact, never in the moment... I have heard people suggest you do it back to them and see how they like it :tongue:.

Welcome back @blueberrymomma!  I haven't been keeping up very well either, but that's probably a good thing like you said in terms of phone usage.

I did overhead squats tonight and feel sooo much more productive in my workout then when I tried to do a cardio workout the other day.  So add me to the weight over cardio camp.  :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Woke up at 5:45 to work. 45 minutes later kiddo comes running out with a huge smile to join me on the couch. Aww and ugh at the same time. So tired already and it’s only 6:30am. 
  • So far no one has touched me but I doubt they will. I don't generally give off a warm and fuzzy vibe. 

Ate way to much pizza last night and had weird dreams but on the plus side I didn't wake to pee as much since I had sooo much sodium, but I also gained like 2lbs lol

• Apparently I’m losing weight? Can’t tell if this is just post-holiday reset and I’ve been super successful at resisting cookies or if I should be worried...def a question for the doctor next time I’m there. 

Also, sleep last night was gloriously restorative. 

Now, time to restore my house to order because the past fifteen hours (8 of which I spent sleeping) have somehow destroyed it.
  • @professormama, hang in there.  Do you at least get weekends off (obviously not from being a mom, but at least from the majority of work stress)?  TGIF, if so!

@kosmo86, I ate three quarters of a frozen pizza for dinner and then a bowl of ice cream :lol:.  So much for my healthy new year diet, haha.

@lyse01, yay for good sleep!  I also have to try to put my house in order... DH has a man cold and hasn't touched anything house related all week.  Luckily I haven't caught whatever bug he has yet (fingers crossed).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt the semester starts Monday so I’ll be working tomorrow and Sunday. After next week things should calm down down a lot. The start of the semester is just insane, and it’s compounded by my son’s daycare not starting until the actual first day that I start as well. 
  • @professormama, oof.  I hope the week goes by quickly for you!  This was my first full week back after the holiday vacation also, and it's always a little crazy at first.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker