August 2019 Moms

What's On Your List?

I know I'm not the only list lover in here! Got a To-Do list? Honey-do list? Crap-I-should-but-really-don't-wanna-do list? :#

Share any of your baby or stuff to do before baby lists here! Let's put this smart group of brains to work.  ;)

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: What's On Your List?

• Here is my list (so far) subject to massive expansion:

1. Make a will
    2. Double check & possibly expand life insurance coverage
    3. Make a freezer meal plan for baby's arrival
    4. When it's closer make said freezer meals
    5. Get stains out of infant bucket seat straps
    6. Finish "registry" list for #2 of stuff we still need
    7. Turn gym back into play room
  • 1. Make registries (finished today!)
    2. Convert office to nursery (planned for next weekend)
    3. Call the grad student administrative office about adding baby to insurance (complete by 3/1)
    4. Make a list of childcare volunteers & potential daycares (complete by 4/1)
    5. Get bridesmaids dress altered to fit a 30 week pregnancy body (complete by 4/30)
    6. Book hospital suite (complete by 5/15)
    7. Finish washing all the baby clothes, blankets, and swaddlers (complete by 6/30)
    8. Confirm insurance coverage and hospital pricing (complete by 6/30)
    9. Write a will and get it notarized (complete by 7/1)
    10. Confirm childcare volunteers and daycare placement (complete by 7/1)
    11. Babyproof apartment (complete by 7/1)

• Loading the player...
  • @AKuzReve LOL. I love #1

I don't have much of a list as much as I love making lists. so I'll be following this and stealing your ideas!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @sourlemon yes!! Cannot stress enough the importance of anchoring furniture to the wall. This should be done before any other baby proofing. 

My list for baby:
    Clean out office to convert to a nursery
    Buy new furniture
    Update will and life insurance (we have friends listed as the guardians in our will so we will need to update with baby 3 coming. Make sure they are the beneficiaries of any and all monies once we change our policies).
    Hire temp for maternity coverage

I think that's it? It's baby three so I feel like I have all the time in the world right now, but this will definitely fly by. We had everything done for our first (including car seats installed) by 29 weeks. That is SO EARLY lol. I have a carseat and money to prime now some diapers so I feel alright.
  • My generic list:

Sort all baby stuff.
    Buy new bedroom set for baby.
    Set up room.
    Do art for room.
    Set up a trust.
    Potty train DD2.
    Survive.
    Make sure DH tells his mom she isnt allowed to visit for the first 2 weeks of this baby's life. She was here that whole time with DD2 and it made it so hard to bond.
    Have a baby.

We dont really need to buy anything except the furniture for this one. Maybe some clothes if its a boy and diapers/formula/splurges. We will start toting the car seat around in the car around 30 weeks (but not hooked up) because last time I went into pre-term labor at 30 weeks which the doctors were able to stop. But I'd rather be prepared.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Wow!  I feel like a total slacker.  The only thing on my list right now is when we moved into our house two years ago, we put all the boxes in what is to be the nursery. Well, I never had motivation to unpack everything and we just kept adding junk in there.  So I need to clean it out 
  • I'm with you @purplg8r and @AKuzReve because Idk what we are supposed to do other than make a nursery. I upped our health insurance coverage but that's about it. We also need to finish cleaning out that room. We are moving our home film studio into the room closest to the front door. My husband thinks he's going to turn our garage into a guest room and workroom before baby gets here :D I laugh, but I've seen him accomplish crazy things before. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @deecherise - I would confirm insurance coverage sooner rather than later in order to confirm what they are and aren’t paying for appointment wise.  Weirdly enough, my gyno charged a co-pay for my ultrasound / 7 week apt which after talking to my insurance - they should not have, and I’ll be getting a reimbursement.  Not sure how many other times they would have incorrectly charged me going forward had I not checked in with my insurance.  Same thing with the hospital, my original gyno doesn’t deliever at the hospital closest to me (like 8 min from my house) and I realized I’d need to switch to someone else (and confirm hospital is within my insurance network) in order to deliever at the nearest hospital (random: accidentally read the husband baby delievery chapter of what to expect, and as much as I love my husband and as capable as he is g-d help me if he’s the one that’s going to deliever my baby in the back of a car in traffic - although great plot for a movie).  
  • I'm shocked no one has baby classes on their lists! That was a biggie for us the first time. We took Bradley, newborn care, and breastfeeding classes. 
  • I'm shocked no one has baby classes on their lists! That was a biggie for us the first time. We took Bradley, newborn care, and breastfeeding classes. 
    I did Bradley, breastfeeding, and baby care with number 1. We only did a “big sibling” class with number two and I think well do that again! Our oldest is so excited about the baby but the toddler is not! He keeps saying no other babies can hang out with his best friend (our nanny) so it’s gonna be a rough transition! Thanks for the reminder. 
  • Just came across the Bradley method last week. Hopefully our birth center/homebirth/unmedicated thread will start soon. Someone is assigned but she’s abroad until another week I think.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I'm already registered for baby classes, did it last week😁  They start in a week.

I've confirmed coverage for doctor's appointments already (they only charge copay for the initial intake), but I still need to confirm coverage for the delivery. I think I've got some time on that 😜
  • @deecherise You are insanely on top of things. Holy moly. Making me feel like a slacker over here! I’ll second the advice on delayed baby proofing from @sourlemon. Cabinet locks and baby gates are just plain annoying, and would be even more so when your 2-month-old is laying there staring at the ceiling with zero ability to fall down stairs or drink dishwasher detergent.

My current mental list for this kid seems short but overwhelming:
    1) Get in-laws to remove all the junk they’ve been storing in my spare room for the last 3+ years so it can be turned into a nursery or big-girl room for DD.  
    2) Nag DH to get a second college fund set up. 
    3) Potty train DD well before baby arrives. 
    4) Get DD out of her crib and into a bed, also well before baby arrives.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am still feeling overwhelmed so I haven't made a list yet really lol I am going to start reading Expecting Better this weekend and start thinking about a baby registry and what we need for a nursery. My mom is pressuring me to buy furniture from Ikea soon because they have a coupon but I am like whoa pause. Our next US is on 1/21 and I think I will feel more comfortable making plans after that. The first went well and showed twins but I still feel like nothing is real and maybe seeing it again will help light a fire lol It doesn't help that I work in a school and just had a 2 week break and did nothing, but I keep saying "Oh I can wait for spring break/summer break to take care of baby stuff". We will see if that actually happens!
  • @aecm we can't set up 529s until we have the SSN. However we've been putting money aside specifically for that.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Some of these lists are so thorough. You ladies are going to be so prepared!!

We're mid-renovation (we flip houses and are currently flipping the house we live in. Not ideal.), so we have a ton of stuff on the house we need to finish before babe gets here to avoid loud noises, paint smells, etc. But specifically on my pregnancy to-do list...

- Take dogs to training classes (we have very large dogs, and they're super friendly and great with kids but SO excitable and don't understand personal space... or not eating things they shouldn't).
    - Decide on a birthing class (my parents taught Bradley Method classes for years and we can't decide if that's the route we want to go).
    - Finish planning babymoon (we're going to Norway in April/May).
    - Schedule someone to deep clean the house a week or so before our EDD.
    - Set up college savings account (DH is a financial adviser, so he'll handle this).
    - Make a few extra house payments. 
    - Set up freezer meal plan. 
    - Make maternity leave plan with my director.
    - Research childcare options.
  • @oklahomak I’m not a big list girl but I do love the hiring someone to deapclean the house before baby arrives. Genius
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • aecmaecm member
    edited January 2019
    @sourlemon We initially set it up in one of our names, and then change the beneficiary once the kid is born and has a SSN. Not a huge deal now for Aug. babies, b/c we didn’t get it set up before the end of 2018, but for our first we were able to get it set up the year prior to her birth (since she was born near the beginning of a year) and took advantage of the extra tax credit!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love list people. I'm a list person. This pregnancy is going to be tough for me because we're hoping to sell our house and buy a new one next fall, right around my due date (have to wait on DH to graduate PT school to count his income at his new job) so things are going to be crazy so my list is as follows: 

1. Grow human
    2. Throw everything I don't want to move to a new house away. 
  • @olivemomma Do it! Lol. I'm not one to hire our chores normally, but I'm sure by that point paying someone else to do it will be so worth it! 
  • mrosek91mrosek91 member
    edited January 2019
    I'm impressed with you super organized ladies, we made a list with out first, and I think most of the things on it still haven't been completed. So I've narrowed it down to just one item (and it was on both previous pregnancy to-do lists). Make my wedding album. I got pregnant with DS#1 one month after our wedding, so the period I should have been working on it I was instead too tired and nauseous. My MIL is really great at making albums, she made baby books for both my boys (and all 3 of her other grandsons). She offered to make our wedding album if I just pick the photos for her. And I still haven't gotten it done. 🤦‍♀️ (For those curious our wedding was May '15)
  • 1. Tour daycares, get on waiting lists
    2. Declutter, get baby area of guest bedroom set up
    3. Will
    4. Take breastfeeding and baby care classes
    5. Finish registering for stuff 

#1 and registering for #4 will be done in January/early February. Everything else as time allows...
  • @purplg8r omg. Same. We have a room that just stores a bunch of stuff for the last 3 years and now we have to clean it out in order the get the nursery set up 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Wow I feel like a slacker. I don't have a list.

We need to get a new truck.  I'm not driving the big truck because its not practical and the smaller one is not baby compatible.  

I guess buy all the things.  

Not sure about classes. I am not even sure if they offer them in our isolated area.  

I haven't even told my mom I'm pregnant. So that is on the list.

Honestly I've just been lining up appointments and absorbing this massive life event.   

• The biggest thing right now is to unclutter our dining room and closet and take down the Christmas tree. Maybe this week sometime, but it's been hard with the super active toddler on top of DH being hurt and sick.
    I also want to rearrange our utility room and pantry.
    None of that is hard, just making the time to do it is.
  • @agpandme you can find classes for things like newborn care& breastfeeding through most local hospitals. For Bradley or other specific methods, their websites have a class finder.
  • Yayyyyy @peachy0709!
  • @peachy0709 you inspired me! I spent several nights this week working on our wedding album. I have about 80% of the pics picked. The only remaining categories are the pics I need from DH's side, and the one of just us that will end the album. I really want his input on those, but he's been dragging his feet. If he still refuses by Sunday night, I may just do it myself.

Maybe I should add something else from my other pregnancy lists to this one. What should I tackle next? Cleaning our room? Emptying the boxes that haven't been touched since we moved over 2 years ago? Or finally buying dining room furniture?
  • 1. Contact and tour daycares.
    2. Maternity ward tour at hospital.
    3. Sign up for childbirth, baby basics, breastfeeding, and infant CPR classes.
    4. Supplemental life insurance policy.
    5. Make a will?
    6. Open a 529 account?
    7. Buy furniture and set up nursery. 
    8. Tell boss and figure out maternity leave/plans for beginning of next school year.
    9. Save for the 6 weeks of leave that will be unpaid.
  • My list:
    1. Do taxes in Feb once 1st tri exhaustion hopefully ends
    2. Potty train DS1
    3. Clean out guest room and turn into DS1’s room
    4. Make DS1’s room into nursery 
    5. Finish DS1’s baby book
    6. Tell boss and work about pregnancy 
    7. Take maternity leave seminar offered at work (did it with DS1 and already forgot most of it)
    8. Renew work certifications that are due to expire in August (hoping to do those early this year since might be kind of busy in August)
    9. Make a will 
    10. Survive

• @dogmomma096 I opened a 529 account with DS1. You need baby’s social security number to do that and that usually arrives in the mail 4-6 weeks after birth.
  • @Babylovecali I’ve read that you can open one in your own name, then change the beneficiary to your LO once you have their SSN. I don’t know that we’re in a big hurry to start a 529 but it could be good to have if family members want to contribute. 
  • @dogmomma096 Oh, I didn’t know that. Good to know. I think I will just wait until after he or she is born. Got enough things to keep me busy on my list for a while. :-)