Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How many days after missed period did you get a BFP?

This is my first time posting on any of these message boards... so hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. If not, I apologize! 
My husband and I have been ttc for around 4 months now. Every month I've gotten my period on time (or else a day early), which is normal for me. 
Anyways... my period was supposed to be here on 1/7 and never showed up... no spotting or anything at all (which is weird for me). 
I took 3 First Response 6 days early tests... 1 on the first day of my missed period, another on the 2nd and another this morning. All came back as bfn...

So don't really know what's going on with that... If you have gotten a bfp after a missed period how many days until it showed up as a bfp? I'm hoping af isn't late... but we will see. Not going to get my hopes up.

Thank you!!!!! 

Re: How many days after missed period did you get a BFP?

• Options
    This is my first time posting on any of these message boards... so hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. If not, I apologize! 
    My husband and I have been ttc for around 4 months now. Every month I've gotten my period on time (or else a day early), which is normal for me. 
    Anyways... my period was supposed to be here on 1/7 and never showed up... no spotting or anything at all (which is weird for me). 
    I took 3 First Response 6 days early tests... 1 on the first day of my missed period, another on the 2nd and another this morning. All came back as bfn...

So don't really know what's going on with that... If you have gotten a bfp after a missed period how many days until it showed up as a bfp? I'm hoping af isn't late... but we will see. Not going to get my hopes up.

Thank you!!!!! 
    Qfp...
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

Thank you!!!!! 
    Hi there. A lot of us have never gotten a BFP so can’t really answer your question. Also, it’s against the board’s rules to ask if you’re pregnant, even in a roundabout way. 

Were you tracking at all? OPKs? BBT? Otherwise there’s really no way to know if you’re truly late. It’s normal for people’s cycles to fluctuate within a few days month to month. 

If you decide to stick around, please intro yourself in the newbie thread and participate in our daily threads. We discourage one off posts like this but you’ll find this is a very knowledgeable and supportive community if you decide to stick around. 

Also if you are in fact KU, please don’t update us and just move on to your BMB 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The test aren't lying. You probably just ovulated later than normal this cycle, therefore your period will be later. You can keep testing every few days or just wait for your period. If you go 60 days without a period, call your doctor.
  • Options
    Hi I missed my period, and potential symptoms of pregnancy. This is my first time ever trying to be pregnant, tracked my ovulation and I have 32 day cycle. After one week of missed period, I have a pinkish spotting while I planned to do the pregnancy test. So thought I would wait and see and then today being the 11th day passed my period, it increased, changed color to light red and I had a tiny blood clot in my toilet paper. Should I still do a Pregnancy test to confirm? Or consider it as an regular period and try again next time! I have PCOS and took meds to make it an regular period cycle, for nearly 7 months I have regular periods. Quiet confused please Help.
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited April 2020
    @johaniha Sorry for your confusion. If you read the posts right above yours—literally the one right above yours— you should be crystal clear on how to proceed. Read the posts at the very top of this TTGP group page to find out how to get involved here. You will see from all the comments above that you aren’t allowed to ask here if you’re pregnant, not even in a roundabout way. It’s a rule of TheBump that you can only do that in First Tri. 

TTGP can be a rough road, even more so with PCOS. It sounds like you may have had a chemical pregnancy. If so, you can find solace in the weekly thread called TTCAL (Trying To Conceive After Loss). There’s also a PCOS thread you can search for. If, by some luck you are in fact pregnant, you can post in the First Trimester Board or join your Birth Month Board. Good luck, and if you want to join in here, please introduce yourself in the weekly Newbie Intro thread. 
  • Options
    Ok, besides being bitter that this post is over a year old and there are still so many of us still here.  :disappointed:

@johaniha You either need to recognize that this was a period that was late and proceed as though that were the case and start temping and TTC again OR take a test to try and determine if it was a MC.  Please do not just assume it was a MC just because your period was 'late' according to you. If you get a BFP and are still bleeding/cramping, you should call your doctor immediately to determine if the PG is viable and/or track your hcg down to 0.  
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF