April 2019 Moms

Re: Randoms w/o 1/7

• Today is the first day of a new work schedule... 7-5😭 I'm having a hard time adjusting. IM EXHAUSTED! On the up side, I baked a bunch of delish cookies yesterday that are waiting for me at home.
  • Is it possible to still be tired for shoveling snow yesterday? I cannot fathom working out today after work. I need SLEEP......
  • Loading the player...
  • @frenchfrymama ooh girl, that's a long day!!  I'm used to an 8 hour day with an hour lunch (so really 7 work hours) but at this job I'm working 8 hours on top of a 30 minute lunch.  The extra 30 minutes is a piss off for me.

My boss asked me to start up a list of all the things I do in a day so she can start to look to hire someone mid to late Feb for my mat leave (whoop whoop!).  I've tried to start my list but it's like I can't think of anything I do!!  Looking at this list doesn't justify my job hahaha!  Ack.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca don’t forget all the “keeps on top of x and reorders y” stuff.
  • You guys, i cannot wait to move. We have some super asshole kids that love to run by apartments and knock on doors at all hours of the day and night. It's like the people in my complex don't care about their kids and let them run around willy nilly doing who knows what. 

I need to go talk to the complex about them but since they know we plan to move in the next month or so i'm not expecting much. Grrr.

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @frenchfrymama I had to work shifts like that for a while and it was rough. Do you at least get decent breaks?

@rennie1108 Yes. Haha. I think it’s getting harder to recover.

@thatbaintforbetty ugh. That sounds frustrating. 
  • frenchfrymamafrenchfrymama member
    edited January 2019
    @mermaidca I'm also prepping to train a replacement since DH and I have to relocate in March *que hyperventilating* it's going the be fine😅😅 but I totally get what your saying... My job on paper looks waaaay more simple than it is in real life.

@ysotte I do get an hour for lunch, which is helping. But it's still a 9 hour day and 7 AM comes soooo early!! I was not prepared for that! 

@rennie1108 I did a bit of shoveling when I got home from work today and it was straight torture. More power to ya, girl!
  • I generally eat lunch around 1130, sometimes 11 and my boss scheduled a team meet from 1115-12. UGH I will be grumpy!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @kosmo86, can you have snacks while the meeting is going on?  I would be hangry too!

Ugh.  Add me to the leg cramps in the middle of the night club.  :expressionless:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt my leg cramps have totally subsided *knock on all the wood everywhere*.  I've been drinking a stupid amount of fluid and eating a banana every day.  I've also read 4,700mg of potassium and 1,300mg calcium and 360mg magnesium a day will help.  I hope it doesn't go on too long for you.  Mine would bring tears to my eyes and they would ache for days after.
  • @mermaidca, I'm definitely gonna try taking my magnesium again, I had stopped since it and the iron were making me constipated/more digestive problems.  And I need to get to the store for bananas and make some smoothies again, I'm craving them anyway!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I seriously got up to go to the bathroom 4 times last night. I get so thirsty at night but apparently I need to cut off liquids at a certain time. Anyone else on this struggle boat?
  • @mrstmoose I'm definitely in the same boat!! I am SO, SO thirsty at night and when I wake up, but I'm getting up like every 2 hours to pee. It totally sucks.
  • @mrstmoose yes. Drink before bed, get up to pee, realize I'm thirsty, drink etc. 

Also, I already have a favorite twin since baby b WON'T GET OUT OF MY RIBCAGE. I can't keep sitting at my desk in a C shape.
  • Looks like I’ll be working a 12 hour shift because one of my stylists didn’t show up for work and there’s nobody to cover. Wish me luck 😭
  • You guys make me feel like I’m definitely not getting enough fluids. 

Also I just had a low blood sugar episode. Got up early and had breakfast about 30 minutes before the normal time but wasn’t going to move my snack earlier. Apparently my body wasn’t on board with that decision. 

I’m glad they recommend carrying glucose tablets cause that’s the worst feeling. I feel super icky now. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Ugh @thatbaintforbetty feel better. 

I would definitely say I drink more water than an average person (I'll have a gallon down in the next hour or so), but I pretty much always have. So I def wouldn't use me as a benchmark ha.
  • If anyone is bored and needs something interesting to read, check this out https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12738891/circumcision-is-not-your-choice#latest  Just be warned it's pretty aggravating.
  • mermaidca said:
    If anyone is bored and needs something interesting to read, check this out https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12738891/circumcision-is-not-your-choice#latest  Just be warned it's pretty aggravating.
    Oh shoot thanks for the reminder - I wanted to see more of that nurse that is anti-vaxx. But yeah that dude is a prick. 
  • @kangstadt I second the recommendation of drinking more water + taking magnesium! I had the worst leg cramp (made me cry) a few weeks ago, and since I upped fluids and started magnesium I haven’t had another. 

I usually have to pee a couple times a night too. But I pee like 4x before I fall asleep. Usually that gets me through until at least 2-3am. 
  • I'm always so hungry.
  • I read that thread the other day and became so annoyed. Who the heck does he think he is? 

@thatbaintforbetty I'm like @MRDCle; I drink a lot more water than the "typical" person, so don't compare to me. I don't drink as much as @MRDCle but I am for 80-100 ounces per day. Apparently, my bladder doesn't like that. That also doesn't include my coffee or soda intake.
  • mrstmoose said:
    I read that thread the other day and became so annoyed. Who the heck does he think he is? 

@thatbaintforbetty I'm like @MRDCle; I drink a lot more water than the "typical" person, so don't compare to me. I don't drink as much as @MRDCle but I am for 80-100 ounces per day. Apparently, my bladder doesn't like that. That also doesn't include my coffee or soda intake.
    Penis Police OBVIOUSLY. 
  • @MRDCle if I wasn't at work, I'd totally find a gif for that.
  • mermaidca said:
    If anyone is bored and needs something interesting to read, check this out https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12738891/circumcision-is-not-your-choice#latest  Just be warned it's pretty aggravating.
    Oh my word. That is intense!!
  • Whoa, anti-vax nurse is intense. And also I’m proud of other Jan moms for using stats and science to refute her, because in isolation she could be persuasive to internet randoms that come across her posts.
  • @mrstmoose yes. It’s awful. I try to get about 80oz during the day and cut myself off by bedtime, then pee a couple times before falling asleep, so that maybe I only have to wake up once MOTN. But by morning I feel totally dehydrated and hungover. Still better than waking 3-4 times to pee, but frustrating. 
  • re: circumcision thread HOLY SHIT!! 

I actually agree that boys shouldn't be, but opening his argument on the basis of sexual pleasure makes his case so SO weak! *ugh*

@kosmo86, lunch meetings & late afternoon meetings are so aggravating! it's universally understood in my company that these are to be avoided at all costs. 

I've been in training for the past 2 days. the guy who coordinates all of our lean training and events always provides lunch, but goddamn is he awful at it! everyone in my company generally takes lunch around 11. today, lunch didn't come until 12:30, and when it did, there was hardly enough food. he ordered subs from jimmy john's, and while I was first in line and considered grabbing 2 sandwiches after seeing how small they were cut, I also realized there might not be enough for everyone. so I grab one w/ plans to grab a second after everyone's been through the line. but as I'm savoring my one sandwich, I'm seeing other people come back from the line w/ 2-3 sandwiches stacked on their plates! fucking assholes! but yeah, lunch was so late that I made the comment to a colleague that I was pretty sure my body was beginning to cannibalize my baby, that's how famished I was. 
  • The dude in that thread literally could not get it through his head that the Jan19 moms aren’t anti men. Reading that thread made me want to reach into my computer screen and smack him in the head with my shoe. 
  • May is opening a private Bump group. Yikes.
  • I could not possibly be more over this trip I’m on. I’m tired of being seen as stupid for crying about things. I’m pregnant, asshole! 
    Someone get me out of here. 
  • @lilpotatomama you’re not stupid and feelings are valid and uncontrollable. Maybe you can slow down the schedule of the trip to give the feels time to catch up?
  • man I read the circumcision one the other day and just went back and the updates are amazing. wow that really took a turn. 

Today is taste testing day at work I am super excited. I don't know what I am eating yet but I LOVE free food. I also started a baby blanket last night so which me luck!

• @kosmo86 I LOOOOVE tasting days at work. Or when they ask us to try products at home. Why, yes. I will take this free food thank you. Oh it serves four? Even better. 

How are you making the blanket? Crochet? Knit? Sewing?
  • lyse01 said:
    May is opening a private Bump group. Yikes.
    Me watching the crazy go down:

• @MRDCle - it was a french fry taste test, which is fun but there was no ketchup so I was sad. I used spoonflower website to make a "cheater quilt", which makes a multiple fabric into a quilt pattern. So I am just sewing that up to make a "quilt"

• @lyse01 I immediately fell back asleep after posting that mini vent. I feel SO much better. Ironically enough, the argument DH and I had was that he thought I needed to go back to sleep... well 😑 he was right.