August 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check-In (Aug 1st-7th) w/o 1/6

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Group 1 Check-In (Aug 1st-7th) w/o 1/6

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    8/5  9+6
    Cherry
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan. 25
    How are you feeling?:
    Other than tired, great!
    Rants/Raves: 
    I don't want to go back to work! Can we start Christmas break over?
    Questions: 
    Nope
    Either DH's spaghetti or my mom's chicken fried steak.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 4, 10+1

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: none until anatomy scan on March 11

How are you feeling?: pretty good. I do have blood work this week to see the baby's blood type,  which I guess can only be seen from 10 weeks on the test they do here,  so I figure if something is wrong with the growth,  we will know from unreadable blood type at least,  so we won't be fully blind about how things are going in there after the blood work is done.  

Rants/Raves: I start work today after 16 months off with DS. I would say bitter sweet, but it's really just bitter lol. I realize I have no standing to complain though, so while I'm sad,  I'm not complaining and do realize how blessed I have been to have those 16 months.  Idk how so many American ladies have to leave their 8-12 week old babies in daycare :'( someone on my old bmb had a 6 week old join her son's daycare.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? oh man,  I don't even know.  My brother made these amazing slow cooked ribs last Christmas.  Soooo good. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10 Weeks going by US but will likely be due in late July since it's a twin pregnancy..but am already too comfortable in this BMB to move to July 😄

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: Seeing the OB today

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, tired, sleepy and not excited to be back to work after a month off

Rants/Raves: Fitted perfectly into my regular work clothes this morning..I hope they hold for a few more weeks 😁

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? Still yet to recover my relationship with food 😞
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8/2 10w3d

Baby is the size of a(n):  Kumquat per Ovia

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until 1/31 unless I start bleeding bright red again.  Since 1/1 I have pretty much stopped with some light brown spotting every other day or so.  fx we are on the home stretch and I don't have spotting on our baby moon.  ;)

How are you feeling?:  nauseated still. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: First Trimester screening - Do you find out the sex of the baby?  My OB suggested I do it because there COULD be some indicators of cardiac defects - and my first had some heart defects so I want to do all the heart things.  She said it's not designed for that specifically but they have noticed a number of indicators sometimes so its worth it.  so we are doing that for that reason, but a bonus would be knowing the sexxxx!!!!

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? spaghetti and meatballs... or linguini and alfredo. Pasta. mmm

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @deecherise Good luck with your scan tomorrow, so exciting! Last time my NIPT results took 8 full days.  They told me two weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised when the doctor called about a week later with results.  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/2 10+3

Upcoming Appointments: 1/15, regular prenatal check-up with NIPT draw.  

How are you feeling?:  Ok.  Yesterday was the first time in weeks that I didn't take a nap.  I also managed to get a quick 20 minute workout in.  I'm hoping this means I'm starting to come out of the first tri awfulness. I am still overly emotional though.

Rants/Raves: It's the first full week of work since before the holidays, but at the same time it's nice to get back in a routine.  We are going on a little vacation over MLK weekend, so I have that to look forward to!

Questions: Nothing

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? At the moment I'd say chicken pot pie.  I also love my mom's potato salad as a side with grilled anything in the summer months.
  • Good luck @deecherise and @cfoz on US this week. Let us know how everything goes!!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    8/2 10+3

brussel sprout

Upcoming Appointments:
    1/14. I’m a carrier for spinal muscular atrophy so my husband will get tested when we go next Monday. And do the rest of the NIPT (I think). Dr said it would be a long appt, so I don’t know what all they’ll be doing, honestly. 

How are you feeling?:
    Still tired. SO freaking constipated. Trying to drink more water and eat more fiber. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Just a rave this week: three day work week, then we head to Park City on Thursday for a long weekend with friends. Mourned not being able to ski and I’m looking forward to a prenatal massage and lots of hot chocolate. 

Questions: 
    Nope

White chicken chili and cornbread (Juffy cooked in a cast iron skillet), we have it for New Year’s Day every year. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    8/7  9+5

Cherry

Upcoming Appointments:  Today! 

How are you feeling?: Really tired, and nervous for today’s appointment. 

Rants/Raves:  Took the day off from work.

Questions:  I have a few for my Dr. 

Steak, mashed potatoes, & veggies!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/9 (10w3d)

Baby is the size of a(n): fig

Upcoming Appointments: I have an u/s tomorrow because of a second scary episode of heavy bleeding and passing a large clot. I’m on vacation on the other side of the country and it happened the very first night. It passed quickly and no more bleeding but I’m anxious to get back home and see if the heartbeat is still there. I also go in for the chromosomal DNA blood test tomorrow afternoon. 

How are you feeling?: anxious because of the bleeding, and feeling like every weird feeling is a bad omen. Tired and fat. 

Rants/Raves: Apart from the bleeding, I’ve had six work-free days where I’ve slept 10 hours/night and had some great meals. I can’t complain!

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? A good chili served over rice with cheese, tomatoes and onions. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10+4, Due 8/1

Baby is the size of a(n): prune

Upcoming Appointments: the 15th, waiting to hear back from my OB to see if I can do NIPT or not

How are you feeling?: pretty good, week 9 was rough but better this week. Although I keep gagging and throwing up my morning coffee when I brush my teeth, it’s gross.

Rants/Raves: same rant from a few other check ins, potty training my youngest. It sucks. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? This chicken casserole thing. It was actually made for my parents when I was born. They liked it so much they got the recipe and it’s always been my favorite meal. I make it for all my friends after they have a baby as well and my kiddos even love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5. 10 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍓

Upcoming Appointments: MFM is 1/16 and OB 1/17

How are you feeling?: I’m okay. Feeling kind of down lately. I’m just ready to feel a bit better and feel more like doing things I enjoy. 

Rants/Raves: none

Questions:  We are taking DD to a counselor just to make sure she adjusts well. Haven’t had our first visit yet, anyone have experience with this?  She is 5 and I think they are doing play therapy. 

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? Spaghetti. Ever since I was a kid. My DH cooks, and there are a ton of dishes he makes that are delish, but I love good old spaghetti. He hates it though so we don’t eat it often. When we do, he puts sauce on bread, doesn’t do the noodles. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10 Weeks 

Upcoming Appointments: Seeing the OB on Friday

How are you feeling?: Feeling good, surprisingly! This is my second pregnancy, and I had to pull out maternity pants today. Seems super early but I already have a small bump.

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? Sphagetti with meat sauce
  • Hello, I'm new to this check in and BMB. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5 10 Weeks + 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): prune

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT lab draw only on 1/14 and nuchal ultrasound and follow up on the SCH on 1/21.

How are you feeling?:  Tired. I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with my now 2.5 year old. But I was able to nap as much as I wanted then and he is currently on a nap strike, lol. Also feeling nervous, PGAL brain over here. 

Rants/Raves: I'm not ready to tell people at work yet especially since I've had a previous loss. I get asked at least twice a week when I am going to have another baby or they say it really is time to give my son someone to play with. Maybe I'm just more private but I wish they would stop asking! I just say maybe someday and smile. Part of me really wants to tell them but I'm afraid of something going wrong and then having to untell them all, which happened with my first loss.

Questions: Any one else feeling hungry all the time? Like every 2 hours I must eat. 

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? My mom's lasagna made with spinach and ground turkey. She uses cottage cheese instead of ricotta. It is so good. Once I have more energy again, I definitely want to make it. I haven't been wanting to cook much these days. 

• @Babylovecali I’m with you on the almost constant hunger. I find myself thinking “how can I possibly be hungry AGAIN?!” I haven’t told work yet either. But I’m glad I don’t have anyone asking me like you do! (FTM) I plan to wait another few weeks to tell my boss. 
  • Hi @Babylovecali ! You, @newmamakt, and I are all due date buddies! Let me know what the nuchal translucency screen is like--I have mine on 1/22.
  • @deecherise add me to the due date buddies group! 💕. 8/5 representing strong!

• Wow, it's so awesome that 5 of us are due on 8/5 😁 We should start a pool (no actual money, just for funsies) on who will deliver when!
  • @deecherise How awesome is that! 5 of us due 8/5 😃 Let me know how your Nuchal goes too!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/3 (but I know I'll be early since it's twins), 10 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel Sprout/cotton ball

Upcoming Appointments: second US/CNM appt on 1/21, already doing a GD screen so we will see what the outcome is. I am not hopeful, I already have insulin resistance issues and am really overweight :-/ 

How are you feeling?: nauseous all the time. It seems to be getting a little better and hits me first thing in the am, around 10 am, and then again around 5pm. I am having a LOT of food aversions and having issues making healthy choices...eating a lot of bagels with cream cheese and cottage cheese and fruit.

Rants/Raves: I'm so tired all the time and I miss enjoying food. :( It used to be a big part of my life to be excited for food, excited to go out to eat or cook for people, but now I am just eating to live. I know part of my tiredness is not eating enough too. I'm hoping it really does go away in a few weeks.

Questions: I will ask my CNM but I read online that a lot of the non invasive screeners are not as effective with multiples. Anyone know if that is true? We were all on board with doing whatever non invasive screeners because we'd rather have more information than less, and try to avoid the more invasive ones if possible, but now I'm all confused. 

GTKY: What is your favorite home cooked meal? Usually a nice medium rare steak, a baked potato with lots of sour cream, and green beans. And a nice bold red. BUT.....none of that sounds good to me now lol It will for sure be my first after baby meal though!!
  • @drmrsthecounselor I have also done some research on noninvasive testing with multiples. My case isn’t a little different because I started with 2 but am down to 1. HOWever, my OB reached out to their rep of the NIPT test for me and this is what she said. NIPT is not as conclusive for multiples and has a higher rate of false positives and false negatives and not all the companies will even run it for multiples. Also, if anything comes back inconclusive there is no way to know which baby or if both babies may have triggered it. And unless they are both girls the early sex determination isn’t spot on as it can only detect the presence of the Y chromosome but cannot tell if it’s for 1 or 2 babies. They told me nuechal translucency is a better option - the blood work can still be tricky but at least it pairs with the US to give a bigger picture. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @drmrsthecounselor Hi fellow twin mama🙋 ..I'm also hoping the aversions and tiredness will ease up once first tri is through..hang in there mama 
  • @olivemomma Thanks that does explain some things. I'm thinking my CNM will probably make some good recommendations then. I don't want false positives or negatives to make me more anxious than I need to be. It's a waiting game until the 21st lol

@nimo-ad hi!!! We will persevere (or fall asleep!) lol I'm living off cottage cheese and pretzels today.
  • @drmrsthecounselor with my twins I only did the NT scan... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17