November 2018 Moms

Chit Chat & Updates m/o January

Re: Chit Chat & Updates m/o January

• the great post-partum hair loss has begun  :'(

• @highsteaks I lose so much hair every time I shower I have no idea how I still have hair!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @tessiesmom26 Hi, love! I'm sorry your struggling at work. Hugs, I know that's hard. I hope your day goes well and update us on all the things. How is your sweet dog taking to baby boy? I need the deets, obviously I'm starving for human interaction even if it's over the interwebs. 
  • @wildrainbow omg he looks so grown already!! what a cutie! 

@tessiesmom26 hey!! glad to see you back. what a sweet note your dh left for you. i would have struggled after seeing that too. how was maternity leave? how’s Alexander doing?
  • @wildrainbow @highsteaks Maternity leave was good, I just wish it was longer! Don't get me wrong, I want to be working, I just wasn't ready to leave Alex yet. He is doing so well! We had some struggles at the beginning with him eating/gaining, but he has turned it around and is gaining like a champ! At his appt the other day he was 9 pounds 15 ounces which finally put him on the growth chart at 11 weeks! (Mind you it's the 1%, but still!) I was finally getting into a routine at home and now I have to get into a new routine with working but I am sure it will all work out! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @wildrainbow Lucky you--red-haired babies are the CUTEST.  <3
    @tessiesmom26 Glad you can come back on TB, but I'm sad you had to return to work. :( I'm going back for 1 day next week then will start full time again on the 14th. It's going to be hard but I'm ready to be an adult again and wear real clothes, haha. 
    @highsteaks How are things with your SIL's friend? I can't remember when you said she was visiting and how long she was staying. That sounds SO awkward. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited January 2019
    @offtoneverland sil is suppose to arrive saturday. concerning her friend, we have no idea. dh was suppose to figure out the details with his sister two nights ago, but it’s been busy on both ends so they haven’t talked yet.
         extended complaining: but we did find out that sil is staying a whole week, not just the one night like the original plans. i’m annoyed at the extended inconvenience discovered at the last minute, plus the weird friend thing, plus dd1 is *just* starting to act normal again so this kind of prolonged excitement is going to upheave her again. sil is sweet and we will be happy that she is making the effort to visit, but she will not change diapers or feed the babies or cook or clean, and she will absolutely rile dd1 up for fun. dh is working long hours that week, so i’m feeling like i’ll be watching the girls, cooking for and cleaning up after everyone AND keep a house guest by myself all day long for a week. then we’ll have to deal with bedwetting and meltdowns for another month afterwards. i just don’t have anymore energy.

and the hair falling out thing is bugging me major now, having to pick off lost strands of hair on me and the girls what seems like every minute. i don’t know if i should go ahead and cut it all off now into a bob or keep it long so i can at least tie it back. but i feel like i’m going nuts.
  • @highsteaks Oh man, that sounds so frustrating. That's what it was like for us when BIL, his girlfriend, and FIL visited. They didn't help with anything and we ended up cooking and cleaning for them the whole time. They were at least only here for 3 days and not a full week. Can you prepare in advance by getting some super easy meals to make for everyone? Bagged salads with Rotisserie chicken? Frozen pizzas?
    Is it possible to have YH talk with her first about how difficult your DD has been and maybe give her some tips to keep things calm? Not sure if that's reasonable or not. 
    I hope it goes well. We'll be here if you need to vent! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @highsteaks That sucks. How do ppl go to someone's house and not offer to help? Any time I stay with friends, I always offer to help and with family I just do it. That is how it works. I couldn't imagine staying with someone a whole week and not help out in some way. I'm sorry, friend, all the wine and hugs.
  • @highsteaks That sucks. How do ppl go to someone's house and not offer to help? Any time I stay with friends, I always offer to help and with family I just do it. That is how it works. I couldn't imagine staying with someone a whole week and not help out in some way. I'm sorry, friend, all the wine and hugs.
    @highsteaks WSS. Seriously.. all of it!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• What @wildrainbow said, hopefully she will be more helpful and a good distraction for dd1. I am with you @highsteaks about the hair loss, my husband has actually said something about it too, he thinks I should get my hair cut. 

@tessiesmom26 I bet the end of day snuggles we're all the better after work. I don't think I am ever ready to go back, planning if trying to be back to work in February.

My new achievement this week is managing the house with dh and dd2 having the flu. Dd2 is handling it well because she had the flu shot back in August, but DH is definitely not feeling well at all. DD1 seems to have been able to about it (got the flu shot back in November) and I am hoping it doesn't get P and I.
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited January 2019
    first off, sorry all for the whiney venting. i was especially sleep deprived this morning. i’ve got some caffeine in me now so i’m not so grumpy. i swear i’m actually looking forward to her visit and her spending time with all her nieces. and thank you for the helpful ideas and support!

@offtoneverland that must have been infuriating that three people hung out at your home and didn’t help out at all especially when you are super extra busy with a new baby and a toddler. i’m sure i would not have been as gracious as you are. great tip about going for easy meals— i think i will do just that. rotisserie and salad is now a sure thing. she’s dairy and gluten free, so if anyone has any other easy meal ideas in those parameters i’d be so thankful! and i will see about dh asking her to help us keep dd1 calm when he talks to her soon.

@wildrainbow & @tessiesmom26 thank you. i was raised like that, too: it feels less awkward to me to just get in there when there seems to be a need. on one hand, sil has never taken care of a baby, so i understand the intimidation to do anything other than hold the babies; but on the other hand i wish she’d just get over it because it’s such an all hands on deck situation here at the moment. row or you’re dead weight. why she hasn’t wanted to help in the past, i don’t know... maybe it looked like everything was under control. but i’m hoping that the house obviously being a complete disaster this time may compel her without me having to explicitly ask. ha and  :'(

@hollyeva i am so so sorry! how miserable. did you dh not get the flu shot yet? i hope he and your second feel all better soon, and that the rest of the family doesn’t catch it too! all the positive healthy thoughts and virtual glasses of orange juice your way. seriously, i’ll be thinking of you.
        how was your dd’s birthday?
  • Day two of a headache and I'm over it. Today is the first day the sun has come out since right after Christmas. It's been raining every day. The rivers are flooding. All I want is the air pressure to stabilize so I won't have any more headaches. 
    On another note, I'm going to have to get M evaluated for early intervention. He won't lift his head for tummy time unless he's on the boppy. Since that is a crucial skill for crawling, I'm not going to wait like I did for ds1. So, I will be calling today to to find out when he can get in. He is much more vocal than ds1, so maybe, he won't have speech issues. Maybe. 

How is everyone's day shaping up?

• @wildrainbow hope that headache goes away, hun. how does M do when he’s prone on your chest?

afm—stayed awake after the 4am feed to deep clean while everyone was asleep, but got bogged down with trying to tidy up first and then everyone woke up early. for some reason, dd1’s volume is on loud today and she is underfoot. even tv is not keeping her captivated. i’m about to give up on trying to clean. 
       the twins just started to coo and smile, too. so charming! 
  • @wildrainbow I hope your headache goes away soon!
    @highsteaks Maybe it's a sign that you shouldn't clean lol.

I left work yesterday (yes, my second day back) because of a nasty cold. I went to the minute clinic and the nurse said she thinks it's a sinus infection but she can't diagnose that until I have symptoms for 7 days and it's only been 4. She told me to take Flonase and she prescribed me some throat numbing liquid and they both seem to be helping today so that's good. Alex is sick too. I brought him to the pedi on Monday and was told to just do saline spray and the snot sucker. I have been doing that and getting out some snot but he doesn't sound like he's getting better so I am going to make him an appt for tomorrow. 

They are doing my work holiday party tonight and I had planned on going thinking it was right after work. Come to find out it's 6-9 tonight so I am going to pass. I don't feel good and my aunt is visiting from FL to meet the baby so I am going to go to my mom's instead.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 Get a nose Frida. When ds1 had his first cold, the snot sucker didn't work at all. I got a nose Frida because having him breathe was more important than the gross factor. I promise it works wonders. 

@highsteaks Yay for coos! They are my favorite! I can't believe you stayed up to clean. I'm sorry dd1 is being so toddlerish today. 
  • @highsteaks I forgot to answer your question, #mombrain. He will raise his head on my chest, which I realize is essentially the same thing, but it doesn't work all the muscles that way. 
  • @wildrainbow The nose Frida is what I am using! It is gross but it does work!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 did the doc also recommend saline spray for you too? i love that stuff. feel better soon! if the pedi has anymore tips for baby colds please pass them along here! 

@wildrainbow it was not long at all before i regretted staying up instead of going back to bed. 

• @wildrainbow how did the call to ei go? did you get an appointment set up?

the girls finally have their ent appointment on monday! really hoping that the doc can improve their latches. i also have an obgyn appointment on tuesday for my complete tube removal consultation, and i’m starting to have second thoughts because i’m worried about how long recovery could be.
  • @highsteaks I didn't get a chance to call due to the toddler terrorist. Your surgery will be laparoscopic, right? If so, I can give you recovery time. I had my right tube removed due to ectopic. It probably took 3 days for me to be able to move normally. For me, the worst part was the stiches removal because they go in through the belly button. If it is laparoscopic, recovery should be fairly quick. 
  • @wildrainbow thank you for sharing. i’m sad that you had to go through all that.

i think it’s suppose to be laparoscopic. do you mind me asking a few more questions about recovery?
    three days—
    1) were you able to get up out of bed or off the couch?
    2) and/or go up and down stairs?
    3) were you able to lift/hold anything? 
    4) and how much time should my dh need to take off to take full care of the kids?
    5) would i be able to breastfeed or hold the twins during recovery?
    6) after those first three days, would you say normal tasks were easy to do again?

sorry that’s a lot to look at. i changed it to a list because i thought it might be easier to answer. 
  • also— can anyone else believe that there is already activity on the September 2019 bmb board?! whoa, time flies! 
  • @wildrainbow thank you for sharing. i’m sad that you had to go through all that.

i think it’s suppose to be laparoscopic. do you mind me asking a few more questions about recovery?
    three days—
    1) were you able to get up out of bed or off the couch?
    2) and/or go up and down stairs?
    3) were you able to lift/hold anything? 
    4) and how much time should my dh need to take off to take full care of the kids?
    5) would i be able to breastfeed or hold the twins during recovery?
    6) after those first three days, would you say normal tasks were easy to do again?

sorry that’s a lot to look at. i changed it to a list because i thought it might be easier to answer. 
    1. Yes. It was tender, but not to bad. 
    2. I don have stairs, so I can't really answer that. I will say, that it's kinda like a c section, I would use a pillow to support your belly on your first day going up and down stairs. 
    3. Yes, you should be able to. Use a Boppy just to protect your belly and take it slow. Re BF: they will tell you to pump and dump, but you don't have to. If I remember correctly, and do consult an LC, your should be able to BF once the meds exit your system, like how you would with drinking. 
    4. I would say a full week just to be on the safe side as everyone recovers differently. I was back at work on Monday and my surgery was on a Friday, but that surgery was cake walk compared to my lap cyst removal. Baseball size coming out of a 1 inch incision in the belly button, is not fun or easy. 
    5. Again, I would consult an LC before surgery. I would say right after, no. Once time has passed, I would see How you feel and get BF safe pain meds. 
    6. I dunno if I would say easy. You do have stitches in your belly button, so bending over and wearing "real" pants may be difficult. For me, they were, but I have a high pain tolerance and this was a relatively easy surgery for me physically. 
  • I just realized that I answered 5 twice. So to answer #3: I was able to drive and lift my work bag, which was easily over 10 pounds. Again, tho, everyone recovers differently so take it with a grain of salt. 
  • @wildrainbow thank you thank you thank you. that knowledge helps a ton. i didn’t even think about meds and bfing— what did you take after your csections?

also, baseball sized?!? out of your belly button :o

• @wildrainbow DS won’t lift his head during tummy time either. He either wails or falls asleep. He does lift some when on my chest though. I’m not worried about it yet. 

Add me to the post partum hairloss group. It’s ridiculous. 

While i I have enjoyed having DS1 and DD home for two weeks for break, I’m glad they’ll be going back to school tomorrow so I can have more time with just baby boy. And it will be quieter lol. 
  • @highsteaks Yes, we are using saline spray too. It seems to be working but he still sounds congested. I have a sinus infection so I am going back to the minute clinic today to get an antibiotic. His breathing seems to still be okay so hopefully it hasn't gotten worse. 

I am also in the hair loss stage. How long does this usually last?
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 It can last from a few weeks to a few months. Mine with ds1 lasted a couple of months. This go round, I still lost my hair normally during pregnancy, so mine will probably be minimal. 
    Speaking of hair, mine changed texture. I normally have super fine hair, think baby hair and that is my hair. Except now, it's still fine, but it has some courseness too. I dunno how I feel about it. I would have rather it stay the same because if it was going to just hang there, at least it was smooth and shiny. Now, it's dull, I'm not a fan.
  • @wildrainbow i’m part asian, so my hair for the first 27 years of my life was classic stick straight; but since the regrowth after my first pregnancy my hair has been incredibly wavy, even kinda curly if i put product and dry it with the diffuser. the difference is so weird to me. i had to learn how to properly style my hair again at 30yo, lol.
  • @highsteaks I'm 34 and still dont know how to style my hair. This is basically me

• What is everyone doing for birth control?  I have my 6 week appointment next week and I’m really torn about what to use.  I did the mini pill (progesterone only) last time because of breastfeeding (combined hormone pills can affect your supply) and I think it’s why I gained weight after I had the baby and couldn’t lose any.  The iuds really make me nervous because I would feel anxious about something being in my uterus and potentially affecting my fertility or causing internal problems.  Am I just left with condoms?  I’m 32 and might want a 3rd baby but not sure yet.  
  • @highsteaks DH didn't get his shot yet, he had every intention but struggled to make the time (and it's paying for it). DH and DD2 are on the mend (and tamiflu), I'm dealing with laryngitis, and DD1 and P are doing great. Add me to that hair loss band wagon, although you still have a wave in my hair so that gives me hope that it's not going full on alopecia just yet. (My hair falls completely out usually after 6 month post partum.) 

@tessiesmom26 how are goes holding up now? I hope the visit to the minutes clinic was productive and you are all on the mend.

@booksandcoffee I hear you, email have been enjoying the quiet today!
  • Y'all I'm trying not to panic. M woke up sneezing, coughing, and congested. How did this happen?! We've been so careful. He's been sleeping and nursing a bit more, but I assumed it was because of a growth spurt. What if he was getting sick, instead? I'm calling the Dr as soon as they open. I can't believe this is happening. 
  • @hollyeva The meds I was taking were just masking the sickness, not making me better. I went last night and got an antibiotic so hopefully that will kick the sickness! Alex is doing much better now as well.

@wildrainbow I am so sorry to hear this. Hope you are able to get in quickly with M and get some answers! I will be thinking of you!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• M has a respiratory virus. He has had several obstructive apnea episodes. The Dr says if they keep up to take him to the ER for observation.