May 2019 Moms
Options

Questions for STM+s Week of 12/26

13»

Re: Questions for STM+s Week of 12/26

• Options
    So behind with being offline over the holidays but I can add a bit.

My mom and sister were visiting us when I delivered DD. My mom would have gladly been in the room if I wanted her there but I had an epidural (always my plan) and DH was great support. My mom and sister came over around 9am, about 3hrs after the birth and it was perfect for us. It was less about NOT wanting her there and more about it being a special time for me and DH. If YOU think you want the support, go for it. SIL had a doula b/c she wanted to go med free and everyone knew with her personality she would ask for drugs and my brother is too accommodating to be the person to tell her no when she asked. I think if she was closer with her mom, that could have been her, but that's not their relationship.

We didn't have the bassinet attachment for DD but I think I'll get it this time for the double stroller we bought (city select lux). I was anal about not letting her sleep in the car seat while not in the car or stroller. We live in a town with tons walking distance to us. I walked to the grocery store 3-4x a week on maternity leavel and can also walk to the library for story time, about 30-40 restaurants and half a dozen coffee shops, plus 2 parks for DD. A physical therapist did recommend only 2hrs max a day in a car seat or stroller when they're younger but didn't go into specifics. The only time we did more than that was on longer car trips but definitely wasn't more than 2hrs at a time anyway.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker