Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In W/O 12/17

2»

Re: 1st Trimester Check In W/O 12/17

• @Griffin5413
    I've never heard of someone having to take those shots for what I would consider very very late preterm birth. Is there some reason they think you're at high risk of preterm birth again? I've seen those shots being given for very early preterm labor prone women but I feel like I would personally be hesitant to take them if I had only been a few days preterm. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @suzycupcake Good luck today and I spotted quite a few times the first few weeks brown then red but everything was perfectly fine. As much as they tell you its normal it def not any less scary! Hang in there and hoping you today U/S puts your mind at ease. 

@telda715 FX for doubling numbers today!

@blackhottamales Ask you doc if they will prescribe you Reglan for the MS works like a charm for me. 

• Loading the player...
  • @Griffin5413 - I feel like 2nd trimester seems early, but closer to 28 weeks can have benefits. I wonder if your doc would be open to consider doing the progesterone suppositories towards the end. instead - you had to take those during the 1st tri, right? I know that 36w6d is earlier than preferred, BUT given your path of pregnancy, your child was most likely fully developed since you 100% know the timeline of conception/implantation, etc ... I feel it might be using a flamethrower when a book of matches might do. I agree with you, though, those side effects seem much more risky/terrifying than risking a few days before "perfection." Best of luck.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Thank you @MamaK225! Dr Google gave me some unnecessary stress! ugh!
    @Griffin5413, i wish i have something to say/advice to you, to release you from some stress, but I don't, sorry... so hard to make a decision when we don't you know anything about what they're suggesting us and what google has too it's just too scary! and something what we find online it's most of the time not reality. i hope you find a response to your question in the other forums since they're further along like you said. did your son have any complications for being born pre-term?
  • mbradfo2 - I think that's why I'm struggling. My ob said if he had been born 1 day later we wouldn't even be having this conversation 
    @mamak225 - maybe I will talk to my ob about doing them later in the pregnancy rather than starting at 16 weeks. Especially since waiting maybe until 28 weeks either way baby has a high liklihood of surviving should I go. I'm clearly not opposed to giving myself shots b/c I've been doing it through the 1st 13 weeks every day. I like your idea though. 
    @babydust2507 - thanks for the support :smile:

I'm going to call my fertility dr to see what he has to say too. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 - I think it would be great to get info from the two of them, I was going to suggest it, but didn't know if you would feel comfortable reaching out. I guess I can see the shots in that it probably takes time for them to fully absorb and the suppositories are a bit more of a faster uptake ... but maybe there are 100mg pills out there that can be used so there aren't any spike/dips. I dunno, I just don't like the idea of all of those risks for a 24 hour difference.

@telda715 - FX for you ... waiting to hear the good news :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• How far along are you/ EDD? 4w3d - August 28
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms?  Fatigue, peeing constantly, intermittent nausea
    • Any upcoming appointments?  6 week ultrasound Jan 3
    • Any thoughts/ questions/ concerns?  I am probably irrationally terrified of another chemical, despite good betas (115 8dp5dt —> 316 10dp5dt). I am thinking about paying out of pocket for additional betas at a private lab. It’s only $40. But I worry that is not okay. 
    • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? and who hasn't even started lol?  I totally half-assed everything this year and don’t even feel bad. 
  • @elvedon
    Personally, I think you should do whatever soothes your anxiety BUT will getting the extra blood tests actually help or will you obsess over those numbers? Think about what you would do with the test results if you got them -- good or bad. I think your betas are very good and you should stay positive about them. Maybe get some cheapie tests and just make sure your lines are staying dark? 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @elvedon I agree with @mbradfo2 about doing what puts your mind at ease.

If it makes you feel any better, your numbers are higher than mine! 13dp5dt I was 106, and two days later (yesterday) it was 246. My outlook is what will be, will be.

Sending positive thoughts!! 
  • Thank you, @telda715 and @mbradfo2. I decided to message my nurse and ask my doctor if I can have another beta and if not why it’s not necessary. I don’t want to let myself start feeling like we’re not on the same team.

I’ve never had strong betas, but I have had chemicals after adequate doubling of low numbers and then a fizzle showing up on a third test.  So if this time my doctor isn’t doing a third test, it must be because he thinks my numbers are promising in a way they haven’t been before. That’s what I’m focusing on. 
  • @Griffin5413 my sister is on those from 16 weeks onward once a week to prevent preterm labor. It’s her 6th baby!
  • @telda715
    What an awesome Christmas present (if you celebrate!) :D  Or an awesome New Year's present!
    Will make the holidays brighter I bet :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @telda715 thats awesome! I'm so happy for your good news. 

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!!! 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats @telda715!!! What an awesome present! 
  • @telda715 that's awesome! congratulations! 
    @elvedon how are you doing? any updates?
    @ndz2018 you're lucky you're having your next OB appt at 12 weeks! mine is not until 15 weeks! so annoyed! I'm still anxious so I'm not trying to take anything to help with the nausea because that's the only thing that reassure me during this wait. i promise my self I will start celebrating for real after that appointment, because i would have passed the 1st trimester and at that stage the rate of m/s drops dramatically and beside I never made that far
    sending everyone love and positive thoughts, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
  • it's pretty quiet in here! how is everyone doing? I have been really busy and stressed waiting on my next appointment and thanks God it went well! baby is fine and growing my OB said it might be a boy! but it will be confirmed on my next appt with my high risk dr on 027/07
    @ndz2018 how did your appointment go? 
  • so quiet here! how is everyone doing? or did you all move somewhere else?
  • @babydust2507 this is not a permanent post like FETs and IVF s. This changes weekly and they do weekly check in s. We have 2nd Trimester weekly check ins you should join us there