June 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms week of 12/17

2»

Re: Symptoms week of 12/17

• Options
    That's me. I've mostly stopped being revolted by the thought of food so I actually looked in my fridge today, man, it was in rough shape. I spent a couple of hours scrubbing it down along with my counters and stove. It's long overdue. 
  • Options
    Well, my dumbass has pneumonia. Don't let your colds go too far, ladies. 

I spent nearly the entire day at my base's Medical office (who told me after a 2 hour wait to come back on Friday afternoon?!) and my OB's office. OB was pissed that I waited so long, but :shrugs:? I'm an awful patient. The first thing they did after I told them I might have pneumonia was pull out the doppler....like hey, I'm the one with a social security number.... jk. It was nice to hear the baby (who is just fine - they did an ultrasound too). 

I left with a Rx for azythromycin and a smack to the back of the head. I really am the worst patient ever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @harrierwife take care of yourself! I’m sorry you have pneumonia. Make sure you really take it easy and rest. Pneumonia is no joke and can be very dangerous. Not to be alarmist, but just get a lot of rest and fluids! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @harrierwife Take care if yourself - hope you get to feeling better soon!
  • Options
    @harrierwife Get better soon!

• Options
    @harrierwife I'm sorry about the pneumonia, I do agree it can be tricky so please take care of yourself and get lots of rest!
  • Options
    @harrierwife Yikes! From a fellow horrible patient, please please rest and take care of yourself!! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Experienced something new last night - a nosebleed. I'm not sure if its pregnancy related or because of the cold/dryness, but I haven't had a nosebleed in YEARS. And of course it happened in the middle of the night so I woke up so confused (and messy, ugh)
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I read these are common during pregnancy for some women!
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I’ve had multiple nosebleeds, I forgot about them from DD! I’m sure the dry weather isn’t helping things either 😩
  • Options
    @harrierwife take care of yourself and get some rest!! Try not to over do it

@wearyfuzzball I ended up with a nosebleed a couple weeks ago too. Decided to google it and I read it can be common in pregnancy. But, similar to you, I think it was a combo of the pregnancy and dry nose from messed up sinuses. Luckily I was awake so I only got a little mess on my bed. Hope you don't get another one!
  • Options
    @cricket688 @nmbrcrnchr1 @runyogamom What a strange symptom! However, I would trade nosebleeds for my nausea any day. Are we allowed to make trades?!  :D
  • Options
    1. Thank you ladies for the get-better-wishes. Just a heads up - my OB said that they've seen a very, very strange bug going around that they're not sure how to classify exactly - its not strep, its not the flu, etc - its a very strong "cold" of sorts that can cause pneumonia if you're not careful - the symptoms aren't bad enough to really alarm you until its too late. That's what happened to me - I thought it was just an annoying cold until my chest started rattling and no OTC meds were working. They had 6 pregnant patients this week with it. (I'm in the deep south, btw)

2. Yes! Nosebleeds are a pregnancy side-effect! I've been having a few here and there over the last week - nothing a tissue or two couldn't handle, though. Again, I'm in the deep south and its still humid here so it isn't the dry air, necessarily. 
  • Options
    Experienced something new last night - a nosebleed. I'm not sure if its pregnancy related or because of the cold/dryness, but I haven't had a nosebleed in YEARS. And of course it happened in the middle of the night so I woke up so confused (and messy, ugh)

I was JUST getting ready to write about this here. The last two weeks or so I've had to blow my nose more often and there is almost always a bit of blood. At first I chalked it up to the weather being dry/cold but then this morning I wondered if it was pregnancy.

• Options
    amaren-2amaren-2 member
    edited December 2018
    Can I just say  F*ck these hormones.

I got out of a somewhat difficult meeting that normal me would be fine with, but here I am with angry tears. As someone who never cries for work related stuff, I feel totally out of control.

Mini rant
    I really hate when men try and strong arm you and treat your like an idiot. I've been with the organization for 5 years treat me like I know nothing. Guy who has been here for 9 weeks comes in, says the exact same thing and they respect him. I hate IT sometimes.
  • Options
    @amaren-2 I 100% know how you feel and it's absolute BS. It's one of the reasons why I left my last job. My boss told me a project that I was managing was being moved to the new guy (with significantly less experience than I) because it was more of a "guys" project. I laughed when I found out the project was a huge bust after I left. 
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball WTF?! That feels illegal to me.

@amaren-2 That is so frustrating! I’m sorry you have to deal with that at work and the hormones are not making it better. 
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball luckily my boss and my director are both 100% supportive and have gone to bat for me with these individuals who always treat me like crap when I want them to do something they don't want to. Normally I strong arm them back, but I have had a few personal blows this week and I just didn't have the energy to deal with them.
  • Options
    @Bababatty 100% illegal. I already had a job offer lined up once this comment was made, so it wasn't worth me pursuing anything since I knew I was leaving and wouldn't have to deal with those jerks anymore.

@amaren-2 It's so important to have a supportive boss (and not one that makes the comments in the first place...). I love my new job because our department is so diverse, and actually majority female. 
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball add me as another who has been experiencing nosebleeds. I went to Colorado over Thanksgiving which is waaaay drier than where I live, and I came back with a nosebleed that keeps popping back up. Even still.
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball yep I’ve been having nose irritation. I haven’t had a straight up nosebleed (until today) but I do have blood in my nose occasionally. Today was great actually - I vomited up my breakfast and some OJ and then my nose starting bleeding. I wanted to just start crying in the bathroom at work. Wait, didn’t 2nd tri start?!? 🤢
  • Options
    I had a bloody nose yesterday. I;ve been battling allergies/cold symptoms for a while now and yesterday I blew out some bloody boogs (sorry TMI). I also have a sore throat that now has red spots so I think I might have a virus. Given my recent stress with my abnormal NT scan, I will definitely be telling my OB about this in case I need antibiotics. I read that a few viruses can transmit to baby through the placenta and that has me wondering and freaked out with my already added level of worry.
  • Options
    @BlondePeanut I didn’t know if it was appropriate for me to comment on your thread, but I did want to say I’m sorry about your abnormal NT results and all the uncertainty you’re feeling while waiting for the bloodwork. 49% and 90% seem like good odds to me, and I hope that you get the good news you’re hoping for—and quickly so you can concentrate on that and enjoy the holidays! 
  • Options
    Add me to the bloody nose club. Not necessarily gushing but there’s blood pretty much every time I blow my nose. 
  • Options
    @amaren-2 ugh so dumb! I am in a position formally filled by a clinical staff (nurse,  social worker etc) and i have faced challenges over that a few times this year (first year on job) oddly enough i have the respect of physicians i deal with over staff of other backgrounds. 

My stomach feels super hard today suddenly. And still feeling the insomnia.
  • Options
    sarcat87sarcat87 member
    edited December 2018
    My new symptom: Sudden onset extreme hunger 

Oh, and crying at nothing.
  • Options
    Joining the awful headaches club. 
  • Options
    @sarcat87 ha yeah I’ll add to the being a lot easier to cry and sometimes for no reason. 
  • Options
    @sarcat87 Same with the sudden onset super hungries. Then I end up eating too much and getting nauseous lol
  • Options
    Just yesterday I cried while watching the video of Obama visiting the hospital and then cried to Eric Church's Sinners Like Me song when it came on the radio on my way to work. 🙄 I'm not usually a big softy haha.
  • Options
    Hi lovely ladies,
    My symptoms come and go which mostly worries me I am 13 weeks 3 days. I am struggling tho with the barping and farting. Is there anyway to deal with this?
  • Options
    @nita93dd best thing I've found is an understanding husband and a sense of humor. And not doing what I did tonight, and actually skipping the Brussels sprout salad... poor DH.  >:)