June 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms week of 12/17

What's new? And most importantly what's getting reeeeeaaaaaal old?!

Re: Symptoms week of 12/17

• Options
    I need some help with two symptoms I'm dealing with:

1. I'm back to REALLY struggling with water. I have tried room temp water, ice cold water, water in different containers (metal, plastic), water with lemon. Nothing is working. The second the water hits my throat, I instantly gag. It's only water. I can drink juice and soda without a problem. Any tips/tricks to getting the water down?

2. What do you guys do to help with constipation? It has seem to have gotten much worse this past week, so I feel like I need to do something to get the pipes moving again!
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball can you maybe try watering down juice? I’m assuming that you want to drink water so that you aren’t consuming a bunch of liquid calories. If you can get liquids from other sources I’d either try watering down if possible, trying sparkling water, or trying decaf tea. If you need some flavor that might help for you to keep lower calorie options. But otherwise, I would just say it’s most important to get liquids whatever way you can do if juice works, so that. 

Cant really help with constipation because that’s not really an issue for me just yet. But I try to just make sure I’m getting enough fiber. If your still having bad MS, that might be challenging. I think @ki1244 puts the benefiber in her water or morning coffee. That might be another option. 

im really sick of the nausea. I think it’s starting to go away finally but it can’t be gone fast enough!! Also, I find that sometimes my boobs and stomach get really itchy. I switched to a CeraVe ceramide lotion and I think that’s helping. I think it’s just skins stretching (Yikes!!) but hopefully this lotion helps to minimize stretch marks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball What I’ve found to mildly help with nausea AND water intake is to mix it with apple cider vinegar and honey! Try it! Or just do half Gatorade half water. That’s been my lifeline this pregnancy haha 
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I second sparkling water. I normally love water, but it’s been tough to get down. The bubbles seem to help me. 
  • Options
    @chrssyms Yeah my biggest focus has been on just getting enough liquids. Not as worried about the calories (though I probably should be.. oh well). Warm drinks are a big no no, but you and @TJtheGoat may have found my cure. I had a dasani sparkling this evening and it was good! I just have to be careful because too many tend to give me heartburn, ugh. 

@luckystar28 how much ACV and honey would you put in a normal glass of water? I am intrigues with this one.
  • Options
    Herbal teas like peppermint and others that are pregnancy-approved without sugar or anything are a great way to get fluids without adding extra calories. I think you just have to be careful about how much of those you drink, so you might add it to other options to reach your goal for how much fluid you get down.
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball - Do you like sparkling water? Sometimes its the only water I can keep down, too. Though I'm specifically drinking LaCroix....many people have feelings about them. MH joked that we'll need to name the baby LaCroix or Clementine since they're the only things I've been able to consistently eat/drink.

And as for the constipation - I won't be of any help there. I've tried it all short of laxatives  :D
  • Options
    @chrssyms - I'm so sorry you're still nauseous, girl  :(

• Options
    @wearyfuzzball I’m glad the sparkling water seems to be helping! Have you also tried drinking hot (well, warm) water? Like for tea, but without the tea. Might get around the heartburn issue. I love sparkling water—it’s what got me through all the months I didn’t drink when we were doing IVF—but it exacerbates my pregnancy gas. Alas.

I’m really sick of the dry skin. My hands always get dry in the winter but this is beyond normal, and no amount of lotion helps.

Also, does anyone else feel like they have a weight in their stomach after they eat (and I don’t mean a baby, haha)? It started last week and I think is actually just a new manifestation of the ever-present gas, but it’s annoying because I’m hungry and yet food sounds terrible because I feel this lump.
  • Options
    mostly tired of the nausea and vomiting. Today I left work an hour early because I vomited and tinkled on myself. 😭😭😭😭😭 I'm ready to eat and drink like a normal human. whoever said pregnancy was glorious and made you glow LIED! 

@wearyfuzzball I'm still trying to figure out both these problems too!
  • Options
    @kjr9519 and @Bababatty Last I tried, anything warm/hot was a big no no, but this was a few weeks ago. I may need to retry this though since ice cold water was great, now it's not so awesome.

@harrierwife I LOVE sparkling water, but was avoiding it because bubbles were making me nauseous, not an issue anymore! However we had to switch to Dasani sparkling since my hubby works for their parent company and we get it free 😂 Don't tell him, but I'll sneak some La croix when he's not looking. 
  • Options
    Also my husband told me I was "glowing". I had to correct him that I'm not glowing, I'm greasy. THANKS ACNE.
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I’m not a great water drinker but if I do like an 80%/20% mix of juice/water, I can tolerate it and do a lot better. 

I’ve been having a lot of pelvic heaviness and soreness in my crotch and down my legs. My OB basically said it’s because everything has kind of loosened up (ligaments, blood vessels, etc) after a first pregnancy so it’s normal, but annoying. As a result, I’ve been super lazy lately and laying around a lot more than I normally do—May as well take advantage of the excuse to do so, right?
  • Options
    I totally second watering down Gatorade and drinking lacroix @wearyfuzzball. I think you’re okay so long as you are getting liquids down that aren’t just straight soda. Kind of like with eating whatever you can get down to deal with MS, any liquid is better than none but I’m sorry it’s been so rough for you! 
  • Options
    Woke up yesterday with cramps. Initially felt like constipation and went to the bathroom but they continued and gradually got stronger and felt more like menstrual cramps. Lasted about five hours. No bleeding at all. Anyone ever experienced this? Should I be concerned or is this just the uterus stretching?
  • Options
    Shoot, had people over tonight and now finally catching up. @wearyfuzzball, can you do Crystal Light? I'm ADDICTED to the strawberry watermelon one now...tastes like starburst. But they have tons of flavors. Plain water is a no-go most of the time for me, but I will drink alllll the Crystal Light. Also have tried other things in my water besides lemon -- orange slices, grapefruit, frozen berries, etc. Or decaf tea bags! Bigelow makes a peach green tea that's pretty delish.

And yes, I mix a spoonful of Benefiber in my morning coffee/tea. It's flavorless and dissolves pretty easy, so can't really even tell it's there, but it does the trick for me!
  • Options
    My nausea is mostly gone, but I still have a lot of food aversions. Most food does not taste good. Trying to get back into exercise, but it's making me sick. Guess I need to ease more slowly into it. A little headache-y sometimes.
  • Options
    Been eating raisin bran and more fiber in general to combat the constipation. Works for the most part. I also cannot do water. I am sure i am not getting enough fluids but i have always been a bad drinker. Drink with a meal thats it. Trying my best today to do water and lemon juice as i dont mind that. I find i do best if its at a restaurant with lots of ice water and lime juice. Have taken to drinking juice with ice cubes in it just to up sneaked in water lol
  • Options
    @mariajay06 - Kinda sorta - I'm starting to experience round ligament pain, but its pretty distinct from what I'd classify as menstrual cramps. I did have "pains" here and there (more cramp-like than actual pains) and no bleeding but that was weeks 4-6ish. My OB attributed it to my uterus growing and stretching. Have you reached out to your OB?
  • Options
    Guys. I cried during a FedEx commercial on Sunday while watching football. 

Then I cried during a stroller review/commercial online yesterday. They were just so sweet!
  • Options
    @ki1244 I've tried Crystal light a long time ago and wasn't a fan. It was either too sweet or the fake sugar-y taste was overwhelming. Maybe its time to try again! I may try to take benefiber because I cant really be consistent with with foods yet.
  • Options
    @mariajay06 I’ve had cramping on and off throughout this pregnancy, but not for hours at a time and I’d say it rises more to the level of pre-period cramps. Everyone is different, of course, but I’d talk with your nurse. I did read that RLP can feel like cramps.... 

@harrierwife I cry at so many commercials now; it confounds me!
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I do my Crystal Light half-strength (when it's the little single-serve packets) -- like half a packet to 24 oz of water. Otherwise, like you said, it's SUPER sweet. But that strength seems to work ok for me (and bonus, it lasts longer).
  • Options
    @harrierwife I full on bawled during a baptism of an infant I didn't even know during a church service a few weeks ago. The emotions are severe.  :p
  • Options
    @harrierwife I cried at almost every Christmas commercial a few weeks ago.

People are just so happy to get that lexus.
  • Options
    @mariajay06 I wake up with cramps but they go away after a minute or too. I would talk to your doctor to put your mind at ease. 
  • Options
    I’m with you all and the tears! The Toyota commercial running right now with the soldier driving home and his brother making snowmen saluting him down the driveway gets me EVERY 👏🏼DAMN 👏🏼 TIME 👏🏼. I’ve been having pretty nasty headaches. Usually right when I wake up and then in the evening. I’m trying to drink more water but it’s not really helping...might call my chiropractor.
  • Options
    @ohheyitsb I’m with you on the headaches! With my son I had one almost every day of the second tri. My doctor recommended a few oz of Coke and 2 Tylenol and that always worked when they were extra bad. I know not everyone likes to drink caffeine or take meds (including me when I can help it), but when I was desperate it really worked. 
  • Options
    I’m with you there @Dcwtada . I get sooooo tired of constantly having to get up and go to the bathroom.
  • Options
    @Dcwtada @kjr9519 I set a record for myself of 5 bathroom trips in one night the other day.  :# Definitely one of my least favorite symptoms!
  • Options

ohheyitsb said:

I’m with you all and the tears! The Toyota commercial running right now with the soldier driving home and his brother making snowmen saluting him down the driveway gets me EVERY 👏🏼DAMN 👏🏼 TIME 👏🏼.

I’ve been having pretty nasty headaches. Usually right when I wake up and then in the evening. I’m trying to drink more water but it’s not really helping...might call my chiropractor.

I might just try that! I haven’t really had any soda and no coffee since finding out I was pregnant so.... thank you!
  • Options
    @ohheyitsb also if you don’t like soda, excedrine makes a product called “excedrine tension headache” that’s just Tylenol and caffeine. My OB gave me the go ahead last time. I typically did one excedrine and one Tylenol. I’m pretty caffeine sensitive. It was the only thing that helped when i was pregnant with DD. 
    Theyre starting to come back again so I’ll have to track that bottle down again. 
  • Options
    @Bababatty @harrierwife ya I talked to the nurse and she basically didnt seem concerned when I said there was no bleeding. She said it could be digestive issues. I dont think it's RLP because most articles describe that as something that lasts a few minutes at most. Hopefully this was nothing but uterus stretching 
  • Options
    I've been waking up with headaches everyday this week. My doctor had me buy a magnesium supplement called CALM to help. Supposively the pregnancy headaches have been linked to a magnesium deficiency. It works well... if I remember to drink it the night before. Also really helps with my RLS which has gotten really bad since I got pregnant. 
  • Options
    Bump is acting up and not allowing me to like anything so @tkbmama @shadeofgreen816 @pbtoast thank you for the suggestions! I'm going to be trying out them to relieve this headache!
  • Options
    Disney World commercial geared toward adult couples just came on. Best believe I am now sobbing. Ugh I miss my happy place there.
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 I feel the same way. But I think it’s more that I finally don’t feel like garbage anymore so I’m trying to catch up from not doing anything the last two months.