Pregnant after a Loss
Options

So Hard

After two miscarriages one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks I'm pregnant again. It's so hard-- I'm so worried it will happen again. They were both missed miscarriages, so when I came in during my first miscarriage at 16 weeks the doctor said the baby had already passed away two weeks prior. I had no clue. It's so stressful because I'm constantly worrying is the baby alive in there, or not? It's psychological torture. I thought I was ready to try again, but I didn't realize the emotional toll it would take on me.

Re: So Hard

• Options
    First, I’m so sorry for your losses. 
    I’d highly recommend discussing your concerns/fears with your OB. They may be willing to let you come in a little more often for peace-of-mind checks (mine let me do this the week I stopped progesterone). Also, creating a good support network and having people to talk to about everything is very helpful. For me, the pregnant after loss thread on my bump month board helped me feel much less alone. After two losses it is totally normal to be worried. Try and take comfort in every positive milestone.
  • Options
    Thank you!