1st Trimester
Options

Pregnant and just stopped birth control. How do I calculate my due date?

Hi all, I just got my BFP 4 days ago! We were shocked because it happened so fast after coming off my BC. I hadn't even had a period yet. I'm wondering how do I figure out how far along I am. Do I count day 1 as the first day of withdrawal bleed? Or first day stopping the pill(stopped mid-pack) Here's the timeline: October 3rd I stopped taking the pill. I got a withdrawal bleed the 5th-8th of October and found out I was pregnant (4 BFP tests) November 8th. I'm feeling nauseous, sleepy, and crampy now so I would think I'm maybe 5 or 6 weeks? Help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant and just stopped birth control. How do I calculate my due date?

• Options

i would probably count your withdrawal bleed as your period. You wont be exactly sure until you get dated from an ultrasound, they measure the baby and tell you how far along you are by that. 

They start the date at your last menstrual period (LMP). if it's the 5th, then you got pregnant sometime around the 19th, and your probably around 5.5 weeks preggo. I suggest scheduling an appt around your 8 week mark, and getting an ultrasound. By 8 weeks you should be able to see your little bean, and see the heartbeat. Anytime before 8 weeks for an ultrasound I find is lots of uncertainty and worry (people go in at 6-7 weeks to only see a fetal pole, not heart beat, ect) 

congrats and H&H 9 months! 

Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You won't be able to know for sure without an ultrasound but it'll be close to assume you got pregnant about 2 weeks prior to your BFP, so you're about 5.5 weeks.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageelmoali:
    You won't be able to know for sure without an ultrasound but it'll be close to assume you got pregnant about 2 weeks prior to your BFP, so you're about 5.5 weeks.

This! 

• Options
    Thanks so much ladies! I got an appointment for this Thursday so hopefully all is well. I had a ruptured cyst a couple weeks ago I'm worried about so I think they'll probably do an ultrasound anyway. Waiting is so hard!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"