July 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 12/17

2»

Re: Randoms Week of 12/17

• Options
    What a jerk! I’m sorry you had to hear that BS! 
  • Options
    Trip to Target yesterday afternoon to pick up all the anti-nausea help I could identify to try ANYTHING appears to be successful. I got some seabands, and I actually think it is helping. I mean, I'm able to sit up and was even able to walk a mile this morning. That is a huge upgrade from not being able to get up yesterday without wanting to puke. Sure, I've gagged a couple of times, but this is way better than yesterday! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just found like four short gray hairs! Wtf! I am 30 years old, and in the last year have randomly found a few here and there but it seems to be getting worse. Does help that my hair is very dark brown (almost black).

Speaking of which, also sucks that I am very fair skinned (like, lightest shade of foundation almost always 😂) and have dark hair. I have been finding random mystery black hairs, like one on my neck, on one my arm, randomly close to my eyebrows but not where I usually get hair. Thank you pregnancy? 

Before I know it, I will be a gray headed werewolf! 🤣
  • Options
    Edit : gray headed werewolf with acne! 😂😂
  • Options
    @foodislove men are such babies lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Am I crazy? I just applied to Grad school to start in Spring 2019. I'm due July 7th and the Spring semester ends June 16th. It's a 24 month MBA program. Having this baby is making me feel like if I don't take the first step now, I never will. Am I crazy ladies? Is it going to be doable and hoping this kid doesn't come any earlier than 37 weeks.
  • Options
    @babyginjuly If it's something you really want to do, I think it will be a great way to focus your energy while you await arrival of your baby. Most first babies arrive on-time or late, so I would think you should be ok. Also, I was seriously twiddling my thumbs those final weeks, so I think it will be nice to have something productive to distract you. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe That's what I was thinking. Normally in CA, they take you off work 4 weeks before EDD, I'll just be bored sitting at home anyways so I might as well do something productive in the mean time. I'll take summer off and start back up Mid October In Fall semester so the timing works perfectly with baby coming.
  • Options
    Crapppp... when I dropped my 2 year old off at school today, half of her class was out sick with a "nasty virus" .... now she's coming down with a fever! This sucks...DS and I will be next!  :( 
  • Options
    Bear14+Bear14+ member
    edited December 2018
    @babyginjuly I say go for it!! I was thinking about getting a masters...but the GRE really intimidates me being out of school for so long :/ I have found a few programs that waive it, but not that many! 

Good luck! It will all work out! 
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    @babyginjuly I had my first in the middle of my Masters program. I graduate May 30, and my next  is due July 5! It is doable, just inform your professors and teammates of what is going on. I had my daughter in early November and I had a bunch of group projects. I let my groups knows I'd be out most of November so I just front loaded all my work. I had a midterm Oct 30, and the prof was prepared to work with me if she came too early (she came almost 2 weeks late). You can do it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @babyginjuly I just got my masters in May, granted I don’t have kids yet. My sister-in-law also got her MBA while working full time so I definitely think it’s doable. Just give your professors a heads up that you’re due close to the end of the semester and I’m sure they’ll work with you if needed. There were a lot of moms in my program, and they all did fine! 
  • Options

@Bear14+ that's one of the many reasons I'm also applying to this program, they're waiving the GMAT requirement but starting Fall 19, they will require it.

@tsa208 that give me so much hope! thank you for sharing your experience and Omg I'm so excited for your graduation. Are you changing careers or furthering with your same organization?

@rgn12 I work full-time right now as well :/ Congrats on your masters!

• Options
    @babyginjuly do it! I enrolled in my PhD program shortly before finding out I was pregnant with our daughter. I never took a leave of absence and finished by her third birthday  I worked full time the entire time, too. It wasn’t easy, but I am so glad it’s done. I had a great support system, which I think is a huge factor. 
  • Options
  • Options
    1. Daycare is making me insanely grumpy and I want to pull him out. 2. NIPT results came back no result. So we have to decide if we are telling DS about the baby as planned. Without genetic tests. 3. I have so much work and I just want to go to sleeeeep. 
  • Options
    Today one of the dogs ate A WHOLE THING OF CHAPSTICK. Plastic and all. Idiot. Texted the vet, who is also our best friend, asked if I should induce vomiting he said yes because it could be toxic. Great. Shoved 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in his mouth and locked us in the bathroom. He puked 11 times. ELEVEN. Because cleaning up puke and scrubbing the bathroom floor on my hands and knees is totally what I want to being doing at this moment in time 🤦‍♀️ good grief I could've used a glass of wine!!
  • Options
    @babyginjuly sounds like the timing is perfect! You should definitely go for it! 
  • Options
    @meandlittleb That sounds so awful, I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that. :( Hope doggy feels better soon.

Still at home on 'bed rest' and freaking out about all the packing and cleaning we need to do before we leave for my MIL's. I still haven't booked a taxi for Saturday to get to the airport (because parking is going to be awful). UGH.
  • Options
    @meandlittleb - I would have been puking right along with him. Just thinking about it sounds terrible and makes me gag a little. 

@foodislove - are you feeling any better after your visit to the doc? Breathing okay? As an asthmatic myself, I've been thinking about you and hoping you get better fast! 
  • Options
    @hakele Yes and no. I've had a bit of a relapse since last night - less coughing in general, but having a few huge attacks that are painful and deep chested. It's super weird and annoying I can't take symptom suppressors like I normally would. :( But baby is worth it, right?
  • Options
    First world problem.... I make a Shutterfly book every year to document the year. I am not even through November yet and its telling me I can't add any more pages. I've never had this problem before and I am so frustrated. I can't even find a page I am willing to remove. 
  • Options
    I've now prepared and eaten a salad for lunch two days in a row and I feel like some sort of alien. 

• Options
    @foodislove my doc still has me on my Singulair because breathing is important! I tried to give it up before, but that was not a good experience. 
  • Options

@nopegoat I loooooove that picture! it's so cute that none of your boys are scared of Santa.

@foodislove I hope you start feeling better!!

@meandlittleb my pups gets into all kinds of shenanigans and I've had to induce quite a few times, I cannot imagine doing it pregnant. So sorry that had to happen to you.

@mamanbebe veggies and I have not been friends since I was 6 weeks along. lol I wish I could stomach salads.

@wineandcoffee I've been meaning to make a shutterfly album with my wedding photos for almost a year now.. still has not happened!

• Options
    @babyginjuly haha no one is more surprised than me. With my first pregnancy it was 17w before I could welcome a vegetable into my life again. 
  • Options
    I ate a half salad with my chicken tenders today! I ate something green y’all! 😂
  • Options
    @rgn12 that’s a legit win!

Ps. I’m eating curly fries for dinner. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe yes! Today, I was heating up a soup in the microwave and hubby calls asking if I want Wendy’s. Here we go again with chicken tenders. Y’all, I’ve ate chicken tenders from Wendy’s and/or Bojangles 4 times this week already 😂 
  • Options
    @rgn12 now I want chicken tenders too!

DH is on his way home with a man cold. I really feel for him but I just want him to quietly suffer like me. 
  • Options
    Having some serious anxiety tonight around powering through the next 4 days. 
    Im in th choir at church and we have a 3 hr rehearsal tomorrow. Then Monday, 1hr concert before 1.5 hr mass. I will not make it through that without eating. I just know it is going to be bad! Because of my voice part, I’m stuck in the middle of all the sopranos. So I had to break the news to all of them in case I have to run away. I promised I would try to not take them all out when I bolt, haha. 

Sunday is is a bigger anxiety. It is my MIL’s birthday. We always do dinner at an Italian place and then drive around looking at lights. I know they are going to think something is up. I know I’m going to get ill. I’m trying to wait to tell them because my MIL is the worst gossip on the planet. Planning to tell them after we tell all of my family on Christmas (by phone because all my family moved away!). And warning her not to post on social media at all. We aren’t planning to do that in any way, so I just want her to keep her mouth shut and her fingers still. 
  • Options
    @hakele GL with the MIL situation. Hope Sunday goes smoothly. Can you get away with saying you caught an office bug and/or ate too many cookies at the holiday party....?
  • Options
    @hakele good luck! That sounds rough. 

It was such a super rough day today. I felt like complete crap, today was the boys' first day of Christmas vacation, and because of last minute shopping everything was delivered today so all 4 boys were cooped up inside so they didn't see everything. So tired. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙