July 2019 Moms

Randoms Week of 12/17

What’s on your mind!?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Randoms Week of 12/17

• I just realized we are going to have to do family things on the weekend now since dd started kindergarten. We hate crowds 
  • My voice is officially gone after having to argue with a vendor customer service rep on the phone for 30 minutes.

Eff Mondays.
  • Loading the player...
  • I slept terrible. Either I couldn’t breathe, my throat got sore because I could breathe or the progesterone swamp was making a mess so I’d get up to pee and dry off. 
  • Yet another bizarre dream - during part of it a random character from a TV show I watch was lying across from me with his head resting on his head and his elbow was poking my eye socket....kept trying to move away and it just kept poking me and I could FEEL it. Woke up to DH's elbow in my eye............. :s
  • I'm already waking up multiple times a night,  and I know it'si only going to get worse the bigger baby gets. It's a lot more exhausting with school schedules added in the mix.
  • @wineandcoffee I can't help but think of the Seinfeld cookie crisp bit now  :D

• I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair this morning. I didn’t notice until 30 minutes before I had to be at work and I was drying my hair. Went to work, and was no-showed by my appointment. Now I have to go all day with semi-oily hair. 😂😂😂
  • @foodislove <3 Take revenge by treating yourself to whatever you can today and letting him wallow in his man-cold alone
  • Sorry if this is too self-absorbed, but wanting to just break down sobbing at my desk now and can't because it'd make my breathing worse. Because DH lost my emergency inhaler, I tried to get it refilled today with my PCP. When they didn't call me back about it, I called again because my breathing has been getting steadily worse over the last two hours. The nurse said I sound so bad I need to go to the emergency clinic or the ER...

Well, I have to pick up my kid from daycare in an hour and DH is being an ass about being sick (he's already home from work, resting poor thing). So I called the clinic for students here where I work, and they said they'd see me... up until they found out I was 9 weeks preggers and said I need to go the ER right away. Fuck it. I called DH...

"Do you really need to go? Do I need to pick up M...?" Making it really clear this is putting upon him and how much he doesn't want to it it. I'm in fucking tears at this point, trying not to hyperventilate and make my situation worse. I said I don't know, I can't tell if they are covering their asses or if I'm worse than I think being pregnant, and he just mumbles and tells me its my decision, whatever. Well if that doesn't make me feel like absolute shit then FINE. I'm waiting til 5pm (1 more hour to go), get my kid, and I'll fucking wait til he's in bed, then go to another emergency clinic and see if they send me to the ER. If they do, he is NEVER FUCKING HEARING the end of it. 

I hate not having family to rely upon. I hate the fucking man cold and woe is me shit. I'm sick of being sick and having this breathing issue every time I get sick. I needed DH to fucking step it UP. Man, if I was sick and someone told him to go to the emergency room, I wouldn't have hesitated to get my ass to daycare so he could go make sure he was fucking fine. A:LFKSJ:DLGHS:LDFKJ
  • ... I just got a txt message "U angry with me?"

OH MY GOD. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  • @foodislove I am so sorry you're dealing with that BS. He shouldn't be preventing you from getting better at this point, tell that man to go get his child so you can take care of yourself. If he has to "suffer" for a couple hours so that you can be well enough to get through the day, then so be it. 
  • @foodislove - OMG! That sounds awful. You have every right to be mad. So sorry you are dealing with that! Hope you get to the ER ASAP! 
  • @foodislove I feel murdery on your behalf. What a d*%$. Why are men such babies with a cold? Seriously!? My husband made a joke to me last night that there is no way a man could handle what I'm going through right now... 

My random thoughts... I just placed the craziest order at Target for Pick-Up. Seabands, peppermint tums, Ginger tea, Preggie pops, Home Alone Board Game. Might as well get some Christmas shopping done while I'm running over there for a pick-up, right? 
    I'd do almost anything to get rid of this nausea. 

• Man! I was so excited for this rooibos tea I ordered off Amazon, after all my research on safe tea... The package came and the second ingredient is ginseng and that's apparently not safe. Boooooooo! 
  • @foodislove Im sorry. Hopefully he makes it up you. Especially since he lost your inhaler
  • edited December 2018
    Has anyone started taking bump pics? 

Edited for spelling
  • @indulgentgypsy congrats!! 

@foodislove how are you doing? 

@asupernovablizzardstorm I started taking them at 10wks with my others but haven't this go around. I need to get on it though because I love looking back on them! 

@ladysamora just saw your announcement on the sex thread! Congrats and welcome to the 4 boys club!! 💙💙💙💙
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited December 2018
    Update on me. Husband is still kinda grouchy but picked me up from urgent care to take me to ER, where I still am. He feels awful but his patience is nil.

There isn't much they can do for me due to baby. They gave some approved meds and swabbed for flu. Waiting on results. Some talk of x-raying my chest but it risks exposing the baby. I haven't eaten yet. All this because I wanted an inhaler refill. Could be here another hour at least. 

Basically don't get bronchitis while pregnant folks.
  • @foodislove ugh that sounds awful!! I hope you can get something to eat and get some rest... feel better!!!
  • @foodislove I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. Hopefully they can send you home some and get you your new inhaler! Your H owes you big time! Doesn’t matter if he is sick as well, if medical professionals tell his pregnant wife she needs to go to the ER, then he needs to deal with it!! 

@asupernovablizzardstorm I started taking them at 5 weeks. I hardly tkkk any pictures with my first two pregnancies and really wish I had, so I started early this time! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @foodislove I hope they get you situated and out of there soon.
  • @foodislove totally ragey on your behalf 🤬! Totally sucks.

Waiting to get studded tires put on my car. $700!!!!!!!! Holy Fuck! They should get me through 2 or 3 winters, but damn. And I am STILL waiting on that check. Hubby might only get birthday presents this year - his birthday is 12/30.
  • Omw home. ER didn't really do anything for me other than refill my inhaler... So not looking forward to that pointless bill. They didn't even monitor me more than once at checkin, which was the whole point urgent care sent me there supposedly. So frustrated. 
  • @foodislove that’s frustrating but I’m glad you got your inhaler 
  • @foodislove I’m so sorry! That’s insanity!!!

Im so thankful that my nausea is easing up but good lord this exhaustion is kicking my ass. Today I was working from home, and going to get a pedicure seems like too much work. I’m super ready for the second trimester. 
  • @foodislove I’m sorry that happened to you. My hubby has been grouchy lately too. I feel like it’s lack of empathy, which I suppose makes sense if they literally have no clue what this feels like. I have also found myself thinking if you point out that I am “grumpy” today one more time, I am going to smack you. What are you trying to accomplish by saying I’m grumpy? 🙄
  • Why are husbands generally crap when it comes to this? I mean, he’s had days... but man.  How does he not realize that looking funny at a pregnant woman who can’t eat is totally gonna make her cry?! 
  • @happyin14 good question. At least we’re not alone, apparently. 😂 I just want to say you do realize that you dealing with me being pregnant isn’t even half as bad as me actually experiencing it, and all the morning aka all day sickness, moodiness, and cramping/pain everywhere! Not to mention when we are actually far along the other changes that go on! 🙄🙄
  • Thanks again for all the commiseration, loves, you made last night so much more tolerable because I knew out there, someone understood me. I'm home today, doc wants me to stay home the whole rest of the week so I rest my throat (woke up to a huge lump in there from over used muscles, great), but I don't think that's possible with work. I haven't heard back from my boss about it yet... ugh. 

At least now I have a good excuse to lay on a heat pad, drink tea, and watch Great British Bake Off all day long?
  • @foodislove rest up!!! ❤️
  • @foodislove I hope your boss is understanding and you're able to rest up <3 
  • Don't you just love neighbors that are super quick to judge and scold you but are also the very last ones to help? 

Unloading the rest of the feed this morning and my neighbors popped out scolded me for lifting the bags while pregnant and said I needed to think of the baby or **TW** I was going to lose this one too. They know about my loss in early October. **End TW**

First of all, I have no restrictions so far per my Dr and it's perfectly fine to continue physical activities that you were doing pre pregnancy. I make sure I listen to my body, use proper lifting techniques, and was using a wheel barrow. H is still gone and my animals have to eat!! 

Of course he went right back inside after. This is also the dude that watched me mow 2 acres with a push mower and a baby strapped on my back. Told me I shouldn't be doing it, then jumped on his riding mower to mow his own property, then scolded me again before he went inside. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙