July 2019 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 12/13

2»

Re: UO Thursday 12/13

• Options
    @indulgentgypsy Right there with ya on the Elf thing... not happening in this house!

My UO is I am kinda tired of all the overdone pregnancy announcements on social media. I've been trying to think up a decent idea on how to announce it to the world and they're all cheesy or been done. I keep going back to just posting a family pic and caption being "Baby coming in July!" or something simple. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @canuckmomma I haven't even thought of how I want to do it yet and I'm almost 12 weeks..
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
     We just got our announcement pictures done today and this is a sneak peek. We did this specifically for my MIL Christmas present but we’re going to double up and post these as our announcements for social media as well! 
  • Options
    I took this one of my boys and then another one of the ultrasound picture up close with the caption, 

"We've officially lost our minds.. BUT we are excited to announce that Turd 5.0 will be completing our family in July!" 

We just called or messaged close family and friends. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options

Happyin14 said:

Nevermind! Went down a rabbit hole only to realize it happened when we moved over to ProBoards. Such a debacle. 

I was N14 (But my son ended up Oct). That whole bump crisis switch to pro boards was a mess. 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    edited December 2018
    I hate coffee. 🙈
  • Options
    @key33, I was July 14. Do you remember the catfish from that year? She was like a moderator and the most active member of the July birth month board, turned out she wasn't even pregnant, she was posting pics of some other chick and a random baby from facebook.  I know it was pretty well known across most of the boards that year. What a shit show. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 I was a July 14 mama! Wasn’t super active on that board, but the catfish was so absurd!! 
  • Options
    I was an N14er and definitely remember that mess!!! 
  • Options
    omg! the crazies.. how could you ever want to pretend to be 'pregnant'? That's weird AF!
  • Options
    @babyginjuly, it was beyond crazy. She clearly had mental issues. And her "background" was just so unbelievably dramatic. Like, she was a lesbian, and her and her wife were raising 5 kids. They did IVF for this one, and there were complications through the whole pregnancy and the baby was born prematurely.  Like the level of detail this person fabricated to create this whole life was amazing. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    nolemomma14nolemomma14 member
    edited December 2018
    Omg yes! The catfish definitely wasn’t some drive by random poster. She was committed to her story and ran with it. Was on the board all 9 months, posted a birth story, and kept it up until the babies were probably 3-4 months? Then she was called out and everything exploded. 
  • Options
    @nolemomma14, yes! It was probably 3 or 4 months after the "birth" that she was figured out. She posted pics every hump day bump day, shared pics of her "kids", she was VERY active. 
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 @ameliabedelia-2 I'm genuinely upset I wasn't around to witness this lol wow just wow! 
  • Options
    These stories are why the new, more tame Bump isn’t as fun. Yes, sometimes people made me angry. But the stories were good! 
  • Options
    @Happyin14, SO much less fun. It's so boring and PC now. No matter how stupid someone's comment, it's all "you do you momma!".  I miss the days of bitchy snark! 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2, I know! And Bump Admin closes threads so quickly. “Unwelcoming tone”. Shrug. 
  • Options
    I do, that spread very quickly and was absolutely insane. The bump pretty much imploded after that mess.

I definitely agree, new bump is tame. Back then people posted something ridiculous they got the snark x100. 
  • Options
    My UO is that damn I hate being pregnant. I have friends that swear they love it but goodness it's just the worst.

Secondly, I just don't feel like telling family. We announced at 12 weeks with our first and now I just don't really want to. I like having this little secret and I cannot stand how all-up-in-your-shit everyone gets when they find out you're pregnant. Ugh... exhausting. My husband wants to know when he can tell and I'm like ..... July sounds good.

Wow well I sound crazy negative haha. I am super excited to be having #2, I swear.

And I also miss the old Bump where shit got real.
  • Options
    @mnkenned yes!!!! I joined the bump just before my first loss 3.5 years ago and MAN it could get crazy and fun. Catfish, trolls, white knights, special snowflakes, and some down right bat shit crazy mfers. Plus it felt way less uncomfortable to curse. My sailor/wench heart needs more cursing. Getting the popcorn and reading the train wreck posts and the GIFs was awesome. 
  • Options
    @mnkenned I appreciate you sharing this, because I had the same feelings about announcing that we were pregnant to family, but my husband was super excited and busting at the seams. He decided to tell everyone during the Holiday meal as I was pulling something out of the oven. Totally caught me off guard. Four people (3 of which were family members) instead of congratulating us asked me if it was planned?.... Followed by what do you want, oh doesn’t matter what you want you’ll get what you’re meant to get and lastly is this your last, we had no idea you were going to have a second. Seriously ALL up in my personal business with weird personal questions hahahaha. So I’m glad to know I wasn’t the only one who didn’t feel like sharing the news right now!