June 2019 Moms
Options

FTM Check in - December

2»

Re: FTM Check in - December

• Options

Had my u/s today for NT scan...baby looks great! Heartrate is 150. Baby was moving around a ton!  I was super nervous going in given what our community has gone through recently. My brain can't help but think of the worst. Just waiting now for NT results.  Sends lots of positive vibes to all you ladies.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wisehwiseh member
    edited December 2018
    Due Date/W+D: June 5, 15w3d

Any Appointments Coming Up? Questions? Meeting with my surgeon on Monday to discuss Tuesday’s cystectomy/oopherectomy and if any other options are available. I will do anything to get rid of this pain though. This morning I woke up with a burning sensation where my left ovary would be and it hung around for a few hours before changing to the constipated for 12 days pressure build up (I’ve done multiple poos so I know I’m not actually constipated) that doesn’t go away no matter what position I’m in. 

How are you really feeling? Absolutely terrible. Haven’t had more than 3 hours sleep in a row since week 8 due to the pain I’m in. 

Any trips lined up for this month? Unlikely unless you count traveling 1hr to my brother’s or 2 hours to his wife’s aunt? I’ve been told to expect to be in hospital until Christmas Eve if my surgery goes ahead as scheduled on Tuesday. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?  On tinder. He was meant to be something fun but here we are

ETA: On the weight gain convo: I gained 20lb in my first 4 weeks due to bloat and fatigue, so when I found out I was pregnant I worked really hard to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight under guidance of my OB. Back here now and ready for a little bit of weight gain. My OB didn’t mention weight until I brought it up. I already weighed 220lb before getting pregnant and was super worried I’d end up 300lb at the rate I gained in my first few weeks, so I’m glad it doesn’t look like I’m on that tragectory anymore. With everything else going on I see bub on an ultrasound at least twice a week and it looks very healthy. I agree with the comments though about your weight only being between your OB and you. They know what’s healthy and what’s not, and you can lose weight throughout your whole pregnancy and still have a healthy baby - it really depends on where you started and how you lose that weight. As my OB says, babies are excellent parasites! 
  • Options
    @wiseh ugh that just sounds like a rotten time. I hope maybe there is another solution to your pain, but if you have surgery I hope it goes quickly and smoothly, and that you have a speedy recovery! Glad everything is okay with the LO though, but it’d be nice to enjoy some of your pregnancy relatively pain-free, right?
  • Options
    @wiseh I second what @chrssyms said, I wish you a speedy and safe recovery! I hope a solution finds its way to you no matter what it is
  • Options
    @wiseh That sounds MISERABLE! I'm sorry it's sucked so much, but hope that they can get something done (and if it's surgery, that it goes well and quickly!).
  • Options
    @wiseh I hope the doctors can get rid of that pain for you quickly! Pregnancy already comes with enough discomfort as it is.
  • Options
    I want to revive this conversation before we’re officially in January. What are you doing for comfortable pants? My work pants are so form-fitting they’re getting so uncomfortable! I don’t know where to go for work-acceptable pants with a little give. 
  • Options
    Ha @wendyann19 I won’t be of help. I gave up on work pants. I just went to target and bought these stretchy black leggings pants that I wear almost everyday. Also, I opted for some cheap dresses from Old Navy that I wear to work as well. They aren’t super awesome quality, but they do the job. 
  • Options
    I went to New York and company today and their pull on dressier pants are on sale for 9.99. They are not maternity but they are super comfortable. Very stretchy. 
  • Options
    I got free pants from girl at work but they are mostly too small. I am weeding out the ones that will work...

I dont feel pregnant in the last couple weeks. I feel like i have stalled out. No issues and i cant feel baby yet (17 w 6 d today). Granted I would rather feel like this than miserabley uncomfortable.  Guess i am worried that 1st and 2nd tri i am going to skate through fairly unscathed then come 3rd be in for a world of hurt.
  • Options
    @canuckbaby SAME. I'm a couple weeks behind you and thought maaaaaaybe I felt a flutter during Christmas eve service, but could have been gas. Even my bump in this week's pic looks smaller than two weeks ago. I don't get it. Like...I'm not concerned, just confused, but every time I ask questions (to DH or my dad or friends) I just get told to relax and enjoy it. Ok, but those aren't mutually exclusive -- I can be curious about what's happening to my body (and baby) without being upset or concerned about it. I just want to know the mechanics of it. No OB appointment for another week+ though.
  • Options
    @ki1244 okay i thought i was being crazy thinking i feel smaller.yah i felt a slight flutter one time but thats been it. I go for ultrasound on the 7th to find out sex so i will tough it out till then and the ob appt on the 9th. 
  • Options
    Ugh I wish I felt smaller! Ha even if I wasn’t actually smaller. I’m like 17w + 5 and I feel enormous now. I know I’m going to get bigger and I just have no idea how that’s going to feel. Maybe it’s worse because I’m down here in Florida trying to wear a bikini 😬
  • Options
    @chrssyms I'm totally with you on the feeling enormous. I don't look pregnant at all, I just look like I'm getting chunky, which is super frustrating. 😖 
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I think I definitely look pregnant now and it’s getting less like im just getting fat. My stomach is just so far in front of me. Haha I bump into things now with it! That contributes to feeling enormous. 
  • Options
    @chrssyms Maybe I will start looking pregnant in a few weeks! I'm 15w today, you are at least 2 weeks ahead of me. I'm just getting to the point where buttoning up my pants is getting difficult, but I have the worst muffin top lol
  • Options
    @chrssyms and @wearyfuzzball im right there with you guys. Plus permanent Florida resident. I just looks overweight in my bathing suits and need to size up already yet still pre pregnancy weight. Also back fat? Making me feel awful in the mirror
  • Options
    I’m 15w tomorrow, and in the past week and a half, my belly has really started to pop. I’m in the mountains in Colorado for the weekend, and my heavy coat that used to fit will barely zip up over my stomach. I’ve also completely given up on wearing regular jeans. The buttons just cause me too much discomfort while I’m sitting.
  • Options
    Ugh yes, the button on my jeans is MISERY. Been working from home since before Christmas so sweats/boxers every day, but we went out for dinner tonight and I literally had to unbutton my pants in the car. They fit fine still except the button. I don't know how that's possible. 
  • Options
    **lurking
    have you ladies tried the hair tie trick its kept me in my jeans until now
  • Options
    I just gave up on real pants haha. I bought some
    maternity jeans that are super comfy, so that’s what I’m sticking with. @vv826 I did not try the hair tie trick. I tried the belly band for a bit but I just found the maternity jeans to be more comfortable, so I went to that. I also wear these black leggings from target almost everyday and those are amazingly comfy so yeah. No hair bands for me haha. I think I’m also afraid of a wardrobe malfunction at work. 
    @cricket1688 yeah i had to size up my bathing suit because my boobs have gotten ginormous! It’s pretty insane. At least they are full and look nice though haha
  • Options
    @chrssyms I'm just lazy and hate shopping especially for maternity clothes 😄