Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester check in week of Dec 10

Hi ladies,

Since most of the ladies who have been starting the discussions have graduated from 1st trimester, I figured I'd start us off this week :smile:
  • How far along are you/ EDD?
  • How are you feeling/any symptoms?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • Any thoughts/questions/concerns?
  • Are you going to do any special announcements or gender reveals? When will you tell people?

Paging:

@hildy11 6/9 

@Griffin5413 6/21

@Bababatty  6/22

@optimisticmrsk 7/8

@blackhottamales 7/18

@ndz2018 7/25

@flanners1  7/30

teenad82 8/9 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
TTC since Oct 2013
IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 1st Trimester check in week of Dec 10

• ok I'll start us off 
     week smile 
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 12w2D  / 6/21
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? - not a ton. Still tired but slowly starting to feel better. Still taking the nausea meds. I'm afraid to not take them! only 3 more days of shots & meds!!!!!!!! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? - NT scan today! I'm ready to see that little nugget. 
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? - I think anytime you get ready for a bigger appt you get nervous. Just hoping everything goes well today. I think I'll feel a little more relief once this step is done. I'm definitely starting to look a little pregnant. 
    • Are you going to do any special announcements or gender reveals? When will you tell people? - we told our family and some of our close friends. We did these cute gender reveal scratch offs at Thanksgiving for the family where they scratch off if they think it's a boy or a girl. I would imagine we will announce on FB maybe around Christmas. It is kind of fun that I'm heading into 2nd tri during the holidays. I even wore a Christmas prego shirt this weekend. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • best of luck with your NT scan @Griffin5413! :)  i forget, is this your first? i'm jealous that you're already showing, even a little! i'll be 15w on Wednesday and just boobage and my normally belly fat. 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Loading the player...
  • @northbeach3 - this is my 2nd. I have a 2yo son. I think the first time around I didn't really start showing until around 15-16 weeks. Plus most days I feel like I just look chubby. lol. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2018
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 7 week 4 days
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Tired, morning sickness here and there but just REALLY tired for the most part.

• Any upcoming appointments? 12/14 for my final RE appointment and my first OB appointment is on 12/18

• Any thoughts/questions/concerns? My boobs hurt some days and then other days don't seem to hurt as much. I promised DH once we heard the babys heartbeat I wouldn't be so paranoid but I am :(
    •  
    • Are you going to do any special announcements or gender reveals? When will you tell people? The most important people in my life know already. It was my brothers birthday last week so I gave him a mug that said "Only the best brothers get promoted to Uncle" he was surprised and happy. He just had his second daughter through IVF in Sept. We'll be telling DHs family over Christmas. 
  • autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited December 2018
    hello ladies! I've been a little MIA from the boards - seems like work has really picked up at the end of the year which is usually when things are starting to slow down... 
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 11w2d
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? nausea, picky eating... DH keeps telling me he sees a bump but I say it's just chub :smile: 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 12/20 NIPT/US
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? @teenad82 I'm with you! I tried to ultrasound myself at work and just found it super stressful to sneak around without anyone seeing me and it's too early for a home doppler
    • Are you going to do any special announcements or gender reveals? When will you tell people? So we thought we would announce after the end of our first tri, especially after seeing the cute announcement of @annielmartinez but it seems like all our friends and family waited until so much later... maybe it's because we're been trying for so long (and we've been asked for so long - y'all know how that is) so I'm just so excited to share... @Griffin5413 the scratch off idea is so cute!
  • @autumnlvs - I was just looking on Etsy and there were so many cute Christmas ideas. I got a downloaded sign that says Santa is promoting me to big brother June 2019. I think I'm going to take a pic of my son holding it in front of the Christmas tree and we'll announce on social media that way. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far alone are you: 7weeks and 2 days (I would almost like to add the hours and minutes!)

Any symptoms: just super tired. The B6 Vitamin is working and has taken away the nausea for now. 

Upcoming appointments: not until end of next werk

Are you doing any special announcements and when are you going to tell: no special announcements here. All the important people know already and we will probably tell friends when we hit 12 weeks. I’m most nervous about telling work. I only just joined 6 months ago and just passed my probation. I get normal maternity leave here (that’s 3 months which is super generous compared to the US, but cr** compared to Europe). 

@suzycupcake your story of the knitted sweaters had me tear up. How very sweet of your dad’s wife. ❤️

@ndz2018 the paranoia just wont pass here either! It’s like every milestone I promise myself I’ll start enjoying the moment but then I freak out again and worry for the next one to come... we are super close in dates too! sending virtual hugs 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• suzycupcake  - welcome to the board! I wonder if banana's help with leg cramps? I know potassium is supposed to help. I don't know for sure thought but it couldn't hurt to eat some and see. I would say you should definitely ask your dr. though if you have them all day. You definitely don't want to mess around with anything like that. Your announcements sound so sweet. you'll have to let us know how everyone reacts!

@ndz2018 - I agree with the other ladies. There's always something to be worried about. especially with everything we go through to get pregnant!

@flanners1 - it's pretty incredible what some places offer in terms of maternity leave. My girlfriend in the netherlands got 1 year when she had her daughter. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • welcome to the other side @suzycupcake! congrats on making it this far!! fx for H&H pregnancy. your family will love all your thoughtful touches for your reveals. :)
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @flanners1 That's good to know about B6. How much are you taking?

@Griffin5413 You're right about the Potassium. Yesterday, I drank an electrolyte coconut water (leftover from ER) as well as upped my water intake to 2 liters instead of 1. Bingo! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I love how much this board is growing!

@Griffin5413 that's so fun you get to go into the 2nd tri during the holidays! 

@teenad82 I think everyone has given you great advice, i thought i had symptoms in week 5 but man week 7 hit me like a bus.  It's definitely different eveyone and every baby.  I hope you can enjoy thinking about your little bean inside!

@ndz2018 IF just sucks the fun straight out of actually being pregnant at points. you're allowed to be nervous! just don't let it stress you out too much. Cut mug for your brother!

@autumnlvs your NIPT is coming up so soon! I call my chub "bloat" but i hear you--i can't want in a couple months when i'll actually have a bump!

@suzycupcake WELCOME! I take a tums daily right now because our house is dairy free and i don't love almond milk/yogurt.  I told MH that starting 2nd tri i'm adding yogurt, cheese and milk back into my diet for the calcium (and because it's delicious!). I'm sorry you are having leg cramps-i'm not really helpful there, during my running days bananas always helped me. 

@flanners1 i kinda love how your filtered out crap to cr**. 

• How far along are you/ EDD? 8+6 / 7/18  (definitely put 6+6 at first...time is sure moving along!)
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? I'm on B6 and unisom and still having some issues in the morning.  This morning i pushed it too far before getting something in my stomach and dry-heaved for 2 minutes. But once i got back into bed (my PIO process...) i ate some food and i feel fine now.  
    • Any upcoming appointments? Friday first OB visit!
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? I got a rash--MH things from either B6 or unisom but i'm refusing to stop those because they help so much. I'll ask my nurse on Friday but anyone else get rash from B6 or unisom?
    • Are you going to do any special announcements or gender reveals? When will you tell people? quite a few know already from our transfer, i couldn't lie about the results, then MH ended up telling some of his coworkers.  For the holidays, i figure in person i'll tell friends that i'll see when we are home. I don't want to do a social media announcement until after AS.  Oddly enough i actually don't know if my inlaws know.  MH's relationship with them is fine but nothing great, so i guess he'll tell (or already told) them whenever he wants. IMO his dad is a jerk and his mom is crazy--so i try to be cordial when we are around them (every other year or so...) but other than that i don't really have a relationship with them. 

• babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Ladies! i finally decided to join you here! mainly because I can't focus at work today and the other board it's kinda quiet and needed to talk, hahaha!
    • How far along are you/ EDD? I'm 9W6d today! and EDD is 07/12
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? tired and nauseated 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 1st appt with OB is next Thursday 12/20
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? I don't know what to expect for my 1st appt, Am I gonna get another U/S or at least get to hear the HB again? I will be almost 11 weeks when I see OB so I really don't know what tests they're gonna make me do...
    • Are you going to do any special announcements or gender reveals? When will you tell people? we're planning to announce it to close family members only first at new year since we will be in or close to the 2nd trimester( will be over 12 weeks, not sure exactly when 2nd trimester starts lol). My husband will make a video of all the pictures we took with the family throughout the year/events we went to etc... and close it with the U/S picture! am I'm exacted about it! As far as gender reveals, we haven't thought of that yet
  • @ndz2018 thank you! today is my last day too! so how far along are you now?
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2018
    @babydust2507 CONGRATS!!! I'm 8 weeks 1 day today.. Have to continue my endometrin suppositories for another 2 week but no more PIO or estrace :)
  • welcome @babydust2507! glad to see you on the other side.

re: first ob -- hope other ladies chime in, but mine was kind of a let down.  the first-first visit was really just with a nurse and she mostly took vitals, urine sample, and discussed history. she set me up with referrals to high risk center.  no doppler or anything.  if it's been a while since you've had a pap smear, they'll likely do another test. 

when i did actually meet an MD-OB, its was more questions, pee test, and i'd let them know i'd had a reoccuring sch.  he did have the ability to do a scan, but he said he didn't do "dating/measuring" nor did he tell me the FHR (but i did get to see the babe moving around and the HB flickering). I don't know if he would have done a scan unless i'd mentioned the sch.

all of this is to say... don't get your hopes up for another u/s!  as other ladies have said, the "typical" pregnant lady usually only gets two scans (12 and 20w)... even with my referral to the MFM/high risk docs, they've only booked me for 12w screen and 20w growth/anatomy scan.  i have a 4 week checkup with OB next week (16w), so happy to report back what they do then.

• @northbeach3 Thank you! That was super informative and I feel like that's how mine will go this coming Tuesday... lots of questions, blood work , etc. I have been seeing this OB for 18 years so I am a tad disappointed that the first appointment won't be with her but I'm hoping I'll see her for the next one. 
  • @ndz2018 got it! that makes sense...
    @northbeach3 thank you! I just called my OB office they said it will be my longest appt and take from 2 to 2:30 hrs with blood work and doppler but no U/S
  • @ndz2018 & @babydust2507
    I just had my first OB appointment today--definitely a different experience.  Took vitals, 6 vials of blood, and urine.  Then i had an U/S but i didn't get print out!? Maybe i should have asked for a copy--but it seems like it would be a no brainer.  I didn't push it b/c the images weren't as nice as the ones i had from the RE but still.  HR was 171 so that was nice to know. 
    Then i met with a nurse--my last PAP was in 2016 so they did one and a physical. She went over a ton of info and scribbled about which appointments and when.  All i really know is I go back in two weeks for NIPT and in 3 weeks for an early glucose and to meet with my doctor. (I have obese BMI so they do an early check). 

Just so different moving to the OB office vs the RE clinic, i was so used to those ladies.  I was also thrown because they said my due date was 7/15 and i was told it was 7/18 so i have to follow up with the RE to see what the official date it.  The nurse said they don't change the RE's date, so i liked that.