1st Trimester
Options

Possible UTI

So at the end of November, I was tested for a uti and since I had a trace of bacteria I started meds. Culture came back negative so I stopped meds.

Yesterday I was tested again and small trace appeared. They prescribed meds again but I don’t get the culture until Saturday morning. Should I start the meds? Or wait it out?

They said it was a small trace and only on one part. One came back negative.

Since I’m so anxious my doctor said I could wait until I get the official results but I’m thinking so much about it. 

Re: Possible UTI

• Options
    So at the end of November, I was tested for a uti and since I had a trace of bacteria I started meds. Culture came back negative so I stopped meds.

Yesterday I was tested again and small trace appeared. They prescribed meds again but I don’t get the culture until Saturday morning. Should I start the meds? Or wait it out?

They said it was a small trace and only on one part. One came back negative.

Since I’m so anxious my doctor said I could wait until I get the official results but I’m thinking so much about it. 

I'm guessing that these meds are antibiotics. If you are prescribed antibiotics, take them until you run out. Stopping them early because your symptoms go away leads to antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria, and also means you could need different/stronger medication the next time if that particular strain is not killed off completely. If your doctor said that you can wait, then trust their medical professional or get a second opinion. Do not trust opinions of internet strangers over that of a trained doctor that knows your medical history.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said: *snip* Do not trust opinions of internet strangers over that of a trained doctor that knows your medical history.

The internet is the land of things like the cinnamon and Tide Pod challenges. If you trust these people more than your doctor, you need a new doctor.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18