Infertility

Multiple FET Failures - Need Advice

2»

Re: Multiple FET Failures - Need Advice

• I completely agree, @ninami. I think doctor's sometimes forget that while your results may fall in the "normal" range, it may not be *your* normal. As my doc helped explain to me, there is a spectrum that everyone falls on ... what is normal to another is abnormal for others and what considered off-spectrum for some is normal and fully-functional. FX for your upcoming transfer, I'm currently awaiting my beta and am surprisingly nervous and relaxed (I think because I'm exhausted). Please keep me updated, I hope to hear your multiple-failures streak ends with this cycle :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 ! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! These waiting rooms, needles, blood draws, bloating from extra questionable meds, all become a strange routine. I'm with you on breaking that streak!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ninami - thanks! I'm still being cautious and waiting on my second beta results (this afternoon) before I invest any excitement. Where are you in your process?
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @mmak225, I hear you but keep the positive thoughts! I am planned for transfer on the 19th this month. On prednisone 20mg and its driving me insane. Thinking to do IVIG perhaps before the transfer just to cover all ends. My lining on friday was already 8.3 and that's only after 1 week of vivelle patches, I'm super sensitive to estrogens. Will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!! Its a one step at a time kind a thing
  • @ninami - FX for you, that's A LOT of busy'ness this time of year. I can't imagine having to take prednisone. It always makes me so angry and hungry and hyper/exhausted. WOW! That is a fabulous lining. Mine was only 7.4-ish (the nurse took 3-4 readings since my left ovary was playing hide-n-seek) about a week out from transfer.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mamak225- My lining never seems to be a problem, my RE always marvels at it and then I either miscarry or don't implant. I hope it won't get over ripe by the time of transfer, if that's possible, I guess most important thing is days of progesterone. There really does not seem to be a standard protocol for everyone, lots of luck and trial and error. Just got to keep going. And yes, prednisone sux big time!
  • jennydijennydi member
    edited April 2023
    Hi there, @richmondtxmom congratulations on your successs transfer finally! I’m happy for you! I read your stories and I wonder if you had a repeated ERA or not? And if the result was different from first time? I had many failed transfers for tested embryos, I’m torn emotionally and financially. I had era done and the 3rd transfer after that still failed! Can you please share what you added or changed in your protocol? What did you think helped you at the last transfer. Did you end up using benedryle, or autoimmune med? Thanks so much! Jenny77h@gmail.com
  • Hi what is an ERA test? I am having issues with my transfers and have done a biopsy of my lining that showed I had a mild infection. I was put on antibiotics and now I’m trying for my second transfer but experiencing some brown discharge a week before my scheduled transfer even though my lining is looking great. (It did last time too) looking to see what testing can be done right before transfer to ensure everything is perfect as we will be transferring my last embryo