May 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 11/20

1235»

Re: Symptoms 11/20

• Options
    @mrskoz428 nothing to be concerned about, I think but check if that's what makes you feel better. @DuchessOfCambridge the side I leaked on was my "overproducer" (although I had an oversupply in general). I looked it up and leaking doesn't equate to better breastfeeding outcomes from what I read (probably a year ago now) nor does it indicate one side will produce more if you only leak from one. 90% of women produce more from the right side, which was true for me. I leaked like crazy for the first 11 months of BFing.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @mrskoz428 that's smart, it doesn't hurt to get checked out. I don't know anything about leaking earlier than third tri, let me know what your midwife says! I'm curious.

@kvh22 I didn't leak very often while nursing. I would while actively nursing and then sometimes overnight if I went too long between feeding and didn't wake up to pump, and sometimes in the shower or right after I showered. I didn't even leak enough to need breastpads or anything. The shower ones though, I'd be drying off and then feel letdown and be like :neutral: forever smelling of BM.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @teesmee I've been having sciatica pain off and on for the last month. I've had it before being pregnant (really bad about 1 year or so ago) but it's been good for a while. This pain isn't too bad but does get achy if I stay in one position too long. I've been going to prenatal yoga 1x/wk which definitely helps and I've occasionally done a short prenatal yoga video for sciatica from youtube which also helps. I've also found getting out and walking makes a big difference  even though it can feel like the last thing I've wanted to do. And I've done prenatal massages which help too. I also think I'll make an appointment to see my chiropractor, too, which has helped in the past. 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus thank you!  I am definitely trying to walk more!  This all started with a 5 hour thanksgiving drive and I think just the constant sitting in one spot while driving really aggravated it.  I am so scared to try yoga again because I am so not flexible that everything hurts 🙈 and sadly I know yoga will help me become more flexible... Ok, I’m just gonna google some prenatal yoga for sciatica videos and stop complaining. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the headaches, sciatica and painful stuff.
    I have been pretty lucky so far. My bumb is coming out now and my pants are uncomfortable but can’t tell work yet so have to deal with tight stomach for 5 more days (17w+2), then will wear comfy clothes :)
    i van see my hair thinning and a lot of it falling off, it also feels very dry so I am just washing it once/twice a week even if it looks awful.
    other than that pretty lucky so far 
  • Options
    @teesmee I know the dilemma! I have enjoyed going back to yoga I used to go a lot probably about 12 or so years ago but hadn't done it in so long. I love having the in-person class even if it is only 1x/wk. Talk about lucky - a yoga studio moved their prenatal/family yoga to a new location about 1 mile from my work and it opened when I was at 6 weeks! It's been great going. 
  • Options
    @kvh22 @DuchessOfCambridge well, I didn’t get a very kind response from nurse Patti, who responded to my message. She simply replied to my message with a “see page 7 in your pregnancy handbook.” Well, okay than. Apparently, leakage can start as early as about half way through. I am now fully expecting to give birth at 35 as I am NOT half way through and clearly my hormones hate me. 😂😂
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 your nurses do not seem very helpful most of the time  :(

I have a sharp pain in my lower back, above and to the left of my tailbone. I can feel totally fine and then bend forward the wrong way and get a horrible shooting pain. This started after about 4-5 miles of walking over yesterday morning and evening (I've been on modified bedrest so this was much more than I usually do but never broke a sweat). I had lots of aches and pains last pregnancy but this is a new one. I had an appointment today and totally should have asked about it but forget until I move the wrong way. Sciatic pain?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited December 2018
    @kvh22 they aren’t. My midwives are AMAZING and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Sadly, midwives to respond to their messages, the nurses do. I guess that’s what happens when you go to the largest hospital/clinic system in the state. They are like ranked 3 in the state for number of employees behind the state government and the university systems.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Luckily i have not been leaking. Ended up with a stomach bug this weekend. Awful cramps, vomiting, ans diarrhea that became bloody. Ended up in the ER. Fluids and blood work.  Honestly feeling very defeated t this point. Currently working part time and getting my doctorate and at this point I’m just counting down the days until Christmas break and hopefully a chance to catch up.  Feeling behind at home. Thankfully my husband has been supportive