February 2019 Moms
Options

Gestational Diabetes-November

2»

Re: Gestational Diabetes-November

• Options
    I have a One Touch verio flex. I just checked and it was 113 after 3 slices of Totinos pizza. So at least it’s up and I still didn’t go over. A couple of low numbers kind of freaked me out a bit. 
  • Options
    I’m sure you already know this but GD is a total douche nozzle that doesn’t know what it wants.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m sure you already know this but GD is a total douche nozzle that doesn’t know what it wants.
    Ha no doubt!!
  • Options
    Glad to hear I’m not the only one whose glucometer (one touch ultra) is wonky... anyone else get different readings with the same finger stick? 
  • Options
    Oh yeah @kcl283. Been 45 apart before. I hate that thing. I’m going to go office space on it when I get the all clear. 
  • Options
    I was diagnosed last week and I’m a labor nurse. One hour after breakfast, my meter said I was 115. I used the hospitals meter to compare and it read 94. Same drop of blood.
  • Options
    There was a woman in my fb GD group who decided to test her One Touch Ultra 2 while in the hospital against the hospital machine and it was off 20-30. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons. I’m dying!!! I’ll be right there “office spacing” it with you 😆 @lindseybick it’s crazy how off they are- makes me feel a little better! 
  • Options
    Yeah mine is off too! By 20-30 points on one hand vs. the next. So frustrating
  • Options
    It’s especially frustrating when on insulin for fasting and it constantly being adjusted for being 95-100 when it’s supposed to be 94 or below. I just wonder if it would even be an issue. I guess in the long run it’s just 12 more weeks or less. Just been my main source of stress this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    What are y’alls plans for tomorrow? The dietician kind of gave us a “free” day, with the “don’t go overboard though” warning. I can’t decide if I’ll have a nice lunch and take it easy the rest of the day, or just abide by the diet completely so I don’t feel guilty.
  • Options
    I’ll have a normal high protein breakfast but I’m not checking my blood sugar on thanksgiving. I will likely have one normal sized plate of food and 1 piece of pie. I am not the type of person who eats 3 thanksgiving plates so I’m not worried. I haven’t had a single high blood sugar (other than my glucose tests).
  • Options
    I plan on having a light breakfast and protein shake for lunch. Going to have a lot of turkey and TRY to go moderate on the stuffing and potatoes. Pie I can live without. I’m bringing a cheesy creamed spinach so I’m going to eat a lot of that to try to even it out too. 
  • Options
    Managed to not go overboard yesterday, took a quick walk around the block after dinner and BS was 96... ate dessert and 111!!! Still having a hard time with fasting numbers- damn glucometer isn’t helping-
    three reading, same drop, 120, 106, 103.  Only about 76 days left, but who’s counting 😆
  • Options
    Mine was not great and I didn’t think I overdid it that much. So of course my fasting was over today. Arg.
  • Options
    My fasting was 99 this morning. We had thanksgiving yesterday. 😬 Oh well. My one hour post breakfast was 104. 🙌
  • Options
    I’m back to good now. My fasting was in the 80: this morning. Whew. 
  • Options
    katamcakatamca member
    edited November 2018
    I had a little too much for thanksgiving lunch, and only had one high number. Thankfully the rest and all my fasting have been under. I’m really weirded out by the differences in numbers with the exact same drop of blood. Like this morning my fasting was 91, which is the highest it’s ever been for me, so I retested with a different strip right away and it was 81. Making a note of it on my chart.. I just don’t get it.
  • Options
    Because of this thread I started playing with my glucometer to see how much the reading could vary on the same drop of blood. Thanks guys, lol. But really, 10 points seems like a lot!

Also, GD made its way into my dream last night. Rude. I don’t need it there too!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    From what I've read the Contour Next is the most accurate. One Touch is the worst. Seems like it's the most prescribed so I'm sure there's some money in some pockets for that somewhere. 
                I'm having one of those days that I'm just over GD. I was diagnosed at around 16 weeks, been on nighttime insulin since 18. Have so many appts between now and eviction date,  I am SO ready for February to be here. I'm tired of being worried and stressed about every little detail.
  • Options
    @madreofdragons I completely hear ya! I was diagnosed at my first appointment because of my history with GD. Last week I got a letter in the mail saying I had to pick a new glucometer because, beginning Jan 1, the test strips were no longer being covered. I’m up to 30 units of insulin and am counting the days until the eviction is served (70 to go)... I’m sick and tired of being a pin cushion and will have to start NSTs shortly- twice a week- for the duration. I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way 🙄😩😉
  • Options
    78 here. Lol. I mean I like being able to see/hear that she’s doing good in there. But now I’m stressing myself out about every measurement detail. I never saw any details about DDs growth so I didn’t do this to myself last time. She’s pretty small right now, 20-45 percentiles let’s add that to my list. Stress makes me want to eat carbs lol. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry y'all are feeling stress but I'm with you in I'll be glad when February gets here!

All I can say is thank the good Lord for chicken wings. They're one of my favorites anyway, and I can eat FRIES with them and have good numbers. PTL. Also, taco salads have been my go to as well (about to have one for lunch). I skip the beans and guac and I can have the shell with some cheese dip. Makes me feel somewhat normal and giving into cravings with those meals while staying under my carb allowance.
  • Options
    Same with the wings. We did Buffalo Wild Wings and I couldn’t stop eating the potato wedges and then a couple of H’s onion rings. Got a 101. 
  • Options
    Because you all understand... just tested 3 times- 64, 123, 84 🙄🤯
  • Options
    kcl283 said:
    Because you all understand... just tested 3 times- 64, 123, 84 🙄🤯
    That is nuts. Have you tested your meter? Mine has been have been off by 10 to as much as 20 one time but 64 to 123?!  😳 
  • Options
    Is it February yet?! 

I’m so glad cheese is low carb. Just ate a trough of broccoli cheddar soup. Already not high carb, going to eat some ham and call it a win. 
  • Options
    @katamca I have a new meter on the way, hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later 
  • Options
    My timehop keeps reminding me that I was living off of Phish Food ice cream at this time with my daughter. Rude. They told me I “technically passed” but never told me my numbers with her. Different provider. Wonder if it was exactly the same as now.