Pregnant after 35

Over 40 Intros and Check In

Hey Ladies,

I thought this would be a great place for those of us over 40 to check in and connect. Let us hear from you. Feel free to answer any or none of the questions below ... or share something else :):smile:

- Name/Age/Loc
- How Far Along are you?
- Planned or Surprise?
- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many?
- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)
- What are you most looking forward to?
- What are you most concerned about?
**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
  Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Over 40 Intros and Check In

• - Name/Age/Loc: Tracie, 43, Eastern PA

- How Far Along are you?: About 2 months ... I just found out today!

- Planned or Surprise? Total surprise, but my 5 year old has been praying hard for this :)

- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? One 5 year old boy.

- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc): I need to get an initial appointment. MY Dr was out, so I need to call back and try to get an appointment with anyone in the High Risk group.

- What are you most looking forward to? Confirmation we are having a healthy baby :).

- What are you most concerned about? Not having a healthy baby :).
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited November 2018
    Name/Age/Loc: Heidi/42/Maryland
    How Far Along are you? 4 weeks, just found out!
    Planned or Surprise? Planned. 18 months TTC

Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, just one, a 26 month old daughter. 

What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) 6 week confirmation ultrasound
    What are you most looking forward to? Seeing a heartbeat.

What are you most concerned about? Having a healthy baby.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Loading the player...
  • Sarah/41/Texas

5w0d Today, BFP on Monday with an extra OPK (see below) and then 9 more regular tests after that, lol

Unplanned. We were using Calendar with OPK back up. But... He cut his hair and suddenly looked every bit like the ex Marine he is. And, well, I've always had a thing for a Marine. And, I guess I might have been ovulating. And BOOM! Pregnant over one wild weekend. Veterans Day weekend indeed.  We're adjusting, although he's freaking out quite a bit. It's his first, at 41.

I have two other children, a 6.5yo son and a 22.5yo daughter who's preparing to leave for China in March. 

My next milestone is beta testing. Going for my second draw tomorrow and am terrified. Then, an ultrasound on Dec 18. 

Right now, I'm just trying not to panic. I hate the 7 week wait from finding out you're pregnant to making it out of the danger zone. I know I'm currently in the peak, week 5 to 6, and I am agonizing over every symptom change or tinge of pink on the toilet paper. I spotted with my son from week 5 to 8, and it sucked. 
  • - 40 almost 41 (next month) and live in South Florida
    - I am currently exactly 4 weeks today.
    - This was planned but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly given my age!
    - I have a 7 yr old DS.
    - I just cant wait to see the baby on the ultrasound.
    - I was so scared the first time so I really want to enjoy this pregnancy.
    - My health this time around is not the best and I worry about chromosonal abnormalities and a (so far) benign maternal genetic variant of unknown significance.
  • - Deborah/ 46 / StL MO
    - 11w 0 days today
    - Planned or Surprise? Total surprise. We weren't preventing, but had essentially given up.
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Have one daughter, 7, who is ecstatic. 
    - What is your next milestone? Go Monday for next appt. with ultrasound and cell free DNA test.
    - What are you most looking forward to? Having a 2nd baby!!!
    - What are you most concerned about? I am constantly anxious about something going wrong and it steals my joy.
  • Name/Age/Loc: Jennifer, 42, Connecticut, US

- How Far Along are you? 11w6d today

- Planned or Surprise? A little of both

- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes. 4 kids ages 23, 18, 13 and 11

- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). 1st trimester ultrasound(NT scan) and NIPT(I am sure)

- What are you most looking forward to? A new baby😁

- What are you most concerned about? Miscarriage

I did just get my results from the Counsyl Prelude screen that screens for trisomies 13,18 and 21 and that was negative and says i am having yet another boy(3 out of my 4 are boys). I have had 3 missed miscarriages in the last 6 years or so, the last being about 7-8 months ago and even though with those I never saw a heartbeat and there was no growth beyond 6w and this one has been different, definite growth, no questions and have seen the heartbeat 3x now I can not relax and enjoy. Partly because of my age and how anxious the OB makes me feel about my age. But, so far, so good.
  • lk19lk19 member
    - Name/Age/Loc: libby, 41
    - How Far Along are you? 9w1d
    - Planned or Surprise? Planned after trying 3yrs, ivf
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? This is my first!
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). Every appt is a milestone, for me right now it seems. Have first real OB appt april 2.
    - What are you most looking forward to? Getting to tell people and get past first tri. Do you really get a boost?  I am barely functioning i am so tired.  Also meeting our baby :)
    - What are you most concerned about? Miscarriage and all things that can go wrong! And i wont have the right stuff... silly i guess
  • gapmom2019gapmom2019 member
    edited March 2019
    - Name/Age/Loc
    Melissa, 41 next month, MO
    - How Far Along are you?
    5 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise?
    not planned
    2 girls, ages 16 & 17!
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)
    first OB appt. April 8
    everything! :)  We thought we were done!
    My age; baby's health
  • - Name/Age/Loc - Suzanne, 42, Washington DC Area
    - How Far Along are you? 5 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise? Planned
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, 2, ages 13 and 10
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) Sonogram May 13th
    - What are you most looking forward to?  Sono!
    - What are you most concerned about?  I had my first MC 2 months ago, so really hoping to avoid that again.  Also a little nervous bc my beta was 5,105 at just 4w3d!  Multiples?  Ectopic?  Molar?  Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

I read on some completely unreliable site that the high hCG after MC is the body’s way of helping the next pregnancy; that the body does not forget.  I hope they were right.
  • - Name/Age/Loc
    Mary, 40, Washington State
    - How Far Along are you?
    28 weeks tomorrow 
    - Planned or Surprise?
    We’d been trying for over 2 years since we got married, but were starting to wonder if we’d ever get pregnant. Frankly, I was beginning to embrace the idea of us never having biological children and maybe considering adoption down the road. I got pregnant last September and we were overjoyed. A week later, we had a miscarriage. Two months later, we got pregnant again with this one and we were a bit shocked. So he was planned but also a surprise!
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? No
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) I have my gd test today. 
    - What are you most looking forward to? Holding this little miracle. Seeing him look into my eyes. And getting to give my amazing husband the gift he’s wanted for a long time- the gift of fatherhood. 
    Stillbirth. I’m not sure how we’d survive that kind of grief. 
  • MollySmMollySm member
    - Name/Age/Loc :  Molly/40/Maine
    - How Far Along are you?  4w3d
    - Planned or Surprise?  Planned
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many?  Yes, 3 girls.  7, almost 5, 2.5
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)  I need to call and make my first appt.  
    - What are you most looking forward to?  Completing our family.  Enjoying a last pregnancy if I don't miscarry.  Moving to the next stage of our lives with our kids growing up together.  
    - What are you most concerned about?  Miscarriage.   I had one between my first two daughters.   And then also being a crazy 41 year old with 4 kids! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Sage/ 42 Auburn Ca
    - 6 weeks 2 days
    - Surprise
    - I have a 19 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old boy
    - I haven’t gone to the doctor as of yet, but plan on it in 3 weeks
    - I’m looking forward to having another baby and am hoping for a girl
    - I am most concerned about having another baby at my age I just pray that he or she is heathy.
  • Michelle/45
    8weeks 3days rainbow baby
    I have 3 adult children and a soon to be 7 year old
    Had a viability ultrasound at 7 weeks all looks good.
    Looking forward to meeting this little miracle. 
  • - Name/Age/Loc - 42/Mount Doom's Crater (aka South Texas)
    - How Far Along are you? 12w4d with what I'm hoping is my rainbow. 
    - Planned or Surprise? That depends on who you ask. I was content to see what happens, but my partner decided to give it his all in April, and declined to tel me...I was pregnant the very next cycle. April and May were quite fun, tho!
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? 2, 23yo and 7yo
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc): I have an MFM 7/19 for NT/NIPT screening. 
    - What are you most looking forward to? Right now, I'm just going one day at a time. 
    - What are you most concerned about? My last pregnancy didn't end with baby kisses and warm snuggles. I'm worried about all the normal over 40 fears. Although we found a hb at 12w with Doppler, I don't know that I'll ever stop worrying things aren't progressing. 
  • - Name/Age/Loc: Shannon/42/New Jersey

- How Far Along are you? 5weeks 4 days

- Planned or Surprise? Very much a surprise 

- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? DD is 5yo

- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) I will have my first appointment on Aug 15 to check viability and will have NIPT a couple weeks after that

- What are you most looking forward to? Seeing if baby is healthy and developing. That fast little heartbeat.

- What are you most concerned about? I’m worried that, now that the shock is past, that I will finding out that the pregnancy isn’t viable. This baby may not have been planned (and will/has caused plenty of worries about future finances), but is certainly wanted.
  • - Name/Age/Loc Annie/41/CT
    - How Far Along are you? 4wks 2days!
    - Planned or Surprise? Kinda planned, but very surprised it actually happened at our ages (SO is 46)
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, 2
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) 9/9, seems so far away!
    - What are you most looking forward to? I’m not sure yet...
    - What are you most concerned about? Everything lol
  • Name/Age/Loc
    Tracey/43/CT
    - How Far Along are you?
    6 weeks 5 days
    - Planned or Surprise?
    never been so shocked in my life!
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? 3
     Twin boys, 9 & girl,10
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) ultrasound on Thursday 9/5 
    I’m still in denial. 
    Having my kids find out I’m pregnant and then miscarrying. 
  • @oldforthis4, Congrats! I understand your fear. Since your kids are younger, you can probably not tell them until you're good and ready. We told my daughter, 23, straight away. But, my son is 7. We waited until the NIPT came back at around 15w. I wish I'd waited, because he's driving me nuts asking why his baby brother hasn't been born yet. Good luck at your appointment Thurs! I have my fingers crossed everything goes well for you. Being pregnant in your 40s is both exhilarating and terrifying. Try not to let the anxiety get to you too much. :)
  • Hello everyone- hoping to find some community here and thought I’d give it a try to generate some activity by posting my introduction. Hope everyone is well!

Name/Age/Loc
    Jessica/ 40/ NM
    - How Far Along are you?
    4weeks5 days
    - Planned or Surprise?
    Total surprise- night before my 40th birthday DH and I watch “This is 40” and he turned to me and said, wouldn’t is be wild if you got pregnant right now... and 5 days later BFP!

- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? 1, girl almost 6 (I lurked on the November 2014 bump board but never got the courage to join in)

- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)?
    First appointment next week.

I just want to see a heartbeat

Having my daughter find out I’m pregnant and then miscarrying.
  • edited September 2020
  • - Name/Age/Loc - Katie/41/Texas
    - How Far Along are you? 4 weeks, just found out today!
    - Planned or Surprise? Kind of a surprise. We just did NTNP but we’ve been doing so for the last 3+ years, so I didn’t really think it would happen!
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, 3 boys...one turned 3 in May, one will be 5 in two weeks and one will be 9 in December 
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) 8 weeks sono/appt on Oct 26
    - What are you most looking forward to? Ack! I guess being pregnant again, I’ve always really enjoyed it so much. 
    - What are you most concerned about? I had two miscarriages between my first two boys, so obviously a miscarriage is a concern. 😬
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Not comfortable sharing my personal details...

Just got a very faint line on a FRER this morning after missing my period (4 weeks yesterday).

This will be my 2nd pregnancy at age 43.. I had a T13 miscarriage just this August at 13 weeks...

Was on Errin BC ever since and have no idea how I ended up pregnant again...

Will be waiting a few more days to get a stronger positive before I go have it confirmed...

Excited and, of course, nervous!
  • Congrats!
  • I am 43 also and this will be my 2nd pregnancy... my first ended because of T13 just this August... all I want is 1 healthy one! Good luck to you 💚
  • - Name/Age/Loc. Mariska, 43, New Zealand
    - How Far Along are you? Almost 6 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise? Shock!!
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Nope
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). First full doc appointment this week
    - What are you most looking forward to? Being part of something much bigger than just me
    - What are you most concerned about? Everything!! I’m petrified!
  • edited March 2021
    - Name/Age/Loc. Anne, 47 (48 at EDD), San Francisco, CA, USA
    - How Far Along are you? 10.5 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise? IVF (froze my eggs at age 38)
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, 1, 9 months
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). NT Ultrasound
    - What are you most looking forward to? Completing my family
    - What are you most concerned about? Another pregnancy at such an advanced age. The last one (at age 46) was completely uneventful minus one high blood pressure reading at 39 weeks (I was planning to induce then anyways). And then having two kids only 15.5 months apart in age (at least until the younger one- if we get that far- is a 1-2 years old). 

** I was just through a 'Geriatric' Pregnancy (what they call pregnancy after age 40 (vs AMA for after 35)) less than a year ago and so believe I am a good source for questions for anybody who might have them. Of note, I am certain that different countries subscribe to different standards, and even within a country/state/city there can be variance, but can tell you what was different for me (vs a younger woman) because of my age. 
  • Name/Age/Loc.  44, California
    - How Far Along are you? 21 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise? Total suprise at 44! After needing IVF for my first child, who is 6 now. 
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, son, 6 
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). 20 week ultrasound was this week! Babe looks good. 

- What are you most looking forward to? Having a daughter! 
    - What are you most concerned about? Being a mom of very young kids at 45 years old. 

Three ectopic preganacies in left tube in 1999, 2003 and 2004. HSG in 2010 concluded left tube blockage. IUI with femara in 2012 BFN. IVF #1 June 2013, 20 retreived, 14 mature, 12 fertilized via ICSI, one transferred, four frozen, BFN.  FET in September 2013 - BFN:( FET #2 April 2014 - BFP!!!!

Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God,the Maker of all things. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Ecclesiastes 11 4:5  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Name/Age/Location Vinessa- 45-Hawaii
    - How Far Along are you? 4 weeks 2 days 
    - Planned or Surprise? Blessed 
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? 9 children plus 4 miscarriages 
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) One day at a time… I want to hear a healthy heartbeat. 
    - What are you most looking forward to? Meeting baby for the first time. 
    - What are you most concerned about? Obviously after four losses that’s my biggest concern. 
  • - Name/Age/Loc - Chrysty/47 (48 at EDD)/Oklahoma
    - How Far Along are you? 6 week 0 days
    - Planned or Surprise? Not planned, but not preventing either
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes.  Two boys - 9yo and 6 yo
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) NIPT test at 10 weeks
    - What are you most looking forward to? I am really not sure.  Still in shock, I guess.
    - What are you most concerned about? Everything...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Paula, 43, Niagara ON Canada
    5 weeks & 5 days
    Hopes for ❤️
    8 children, 5 girls, 3 boys ages 23, 21, 19, 16, 14, 9, 7, 6.
    Ultrasound booked for Oct 27 for viability & dating
    We had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in April & then a chemical pregnancy in July…really just hoping this little bean sticks & stays with us ❤️❤️

• - Jessica/44 in a month!/Massachusetts
    - ~6w
    - Surprise!!
    - three daughters ages 14.5, 11, almost 3. 
    - my first appt is this Friday, but it’s virtual, so to me it doesn’t count. I’m pushing for an ultrasound; TBA. 
    - Confirmation that there’s really a baby in there. 
    - I’ve had some faint spotting on and off and have been frantically trying to find an OB who cares to see me before 9 weeks. Every other pregnancy I’ve had bloodwork by now and an ultrasound by 7 w. I feel like our healthcare system has gone to 💩 since Covid. I pay a lot for health insurance and can’t even get a gd ultrasound at almost 44 years old. 
    *Jessica* DD1: June 2007 DD2: December 2010

• - Name/Age/Loc. Amanda, 41, Ventura CA
    - How Far Along are you? 6 or 7 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise? Surprise 
    I have two little girls , 2 and 4 years old 
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) ultrasound tomorrow. 
    - What are you most looking forward to? Knowing baby is ok… so I can get excited 
    - What are you most concerned about? Miscarriage or something wrong with baby. 
  • Hey there! I’m 41 (42 at delivery) from Wisconsin. 

I’m 11 weeks 

planned 

I have a 11 yo and 15 yo from a previous marriage.

waiting on NIPT results and NT scan

looking forward to meeting this baby and raising him/her with someone I love 

most concerned about my age, starting over again and the baby being healthy. 

Funny I used to post on this board many years ago when pregnant with my 2 other kids and on the parenting board. Crazy to be back!
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Hi all! I'm 40 and live in Pennsylvania.
    I am 4W5D. We planned for this, but I'm terrified because this is my first and we're both older (he's 45).
    My first doctor's appointment is not until 2/23, which makes the waiting EXCRUCIATING.
    I'm most looking forward to hearing a heartbeat. I am most worried about NIPT screens and having to make a hard decision.
    40 yr old FTM EDD 9/30/22 
  • @channas20 I understand how awful that wait is. I’m 41, 33w and due in March. I had my first at 39. I know it’s scary, but many, many women have uneventful pregnancies and healthy babies at our age.

Definitely join your Birth Month group, you will likely find others with similar anxieties. Best of luck to you as you wait to hear that heartbeat!
  • Name/Age/Loc- Lynne, 40, Scotland
    - How Far Along are you? - 12w6d
    - Planned or Surprise? Surprise
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes daughter 17, son 7
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) waiting on NT results and next scan at 20 weeks
    - What are you most looking forward to? Having another blessing in our family
    - What are you most concerned about? Something being wrong with the baby :(
  • Hello, friends!

I'm Lindsey, DH and I are both 42, and we live in the Pacific Northwest.

We got a BFP two days ago on Sunday and we're thrilled. I'm 3w4d today.

Last year we had three early losses, so we're praying this little blessing sticks around for the long haul.

I'm most looking forward to feeling that connection with the baby, seeing him or her on U/S, finding out the gender, feeling first kicks, seeing DH pour out his love, and holding that precious miracle for the first time.

My biggest worry is a repeat of last year, so we're just praying a lot and trying to stay positive.

Hugs and love to you all! ❤️ 
  • edited February 2022
     Hello everyone! My name is Jamie-Lynn and I just turned 42 this month.  I'm from NH.

I'm currently 14w2d pregnant. 

This baby was supposed to be a puppy.  (I wish I could say I'm kidding.  🤣 I was done having kids!)

This is my 6th Pregnancy and will be baby #5

My next big thing is the ultrasound March 14th!

I'm looking forward to enjoying this last Pregnancy as much as I can. 

My biggest worry is labor.  🙄