Over 40 Intros and Check In — The Bump
Pregnant after 35

Over 40 Intros and Check In

Hey Ladies,

I thought this would be a great place for those of us over 40 to check in and connect. Let us hear from you. Feel free to answer any or none of the questions below ... or share something else :):smile:

- Name/Age/Loc
- How Far Along are you?
- Planned or Surprise?
- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many?
- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)
- What are you most looking forward to?
- What are you most concerned about?
**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
  Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Over 40 Intros and Check In

• - Name/Age/Loc: Tracie, 43, Eastern PA

- How Far Along are you?: About 2 months ... I just found out today!

- Planned or Surprise? Total surprise, but my 5 year old has been praying hard for this :)

- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? One 5 year old boy.

- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc): I need to get an initial appointment. MY Dr was out, so I need to call back and try to get an appointment with anyone in the High Risk group.

- What are you most looking forward to? Confirmation we are having a healthy baby :).

- What are you most concerned about? Not having a healthy baby :).
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • von1976von1976
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    Name/Age/Loc: Heidi/42/Maryland
    How Far Along are you? 4 weeks, just found out!
    Planned or Surprise? Planned. 18 months TTC

Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, just one, a 26 month old daughter. 

What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) 6 week confirmation ultrasound
    What are you most looking forward to? Seeing a heartbeat.

What are you most concerned about? Having a healthy baby.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

MzFergie77aisukurimsarang
  • Sevon/41/Texas

I’m 6 weeks and I’m married and we weren’t using protecting. Planned vs unplanned lol.  

I do do not have any children. I had a stillbirth in ‘98 which traumatized me. I was very careful not to find myself there again. 

Right now I’m definitely excited but not allowing myself too much “looking forward to’s” to  be honest. I’m just trying to reach that magic mark and hope all goes well. Even when I’m 12 weeks I’m wondering if I can be ok then. My still birth happened at 9 months so now I’m feeling like I’ll be “haunted” the whole time. #stressing 
    aisukurimsarang
  • Sarah/41/Texas

5w0d Today, BFP on Monday with an extra OPK (see below) and then 9 more regular tests after that, lol

Unplanned. We were using Calendar with OPK back up. But... He cut his hair and suddenly looked every bit like the ex Marine he is. And, well, I've always had a thing for a Marine. And, I guess I might have been ovulating. And BOOM! Pregnant over one wild weekend. Veterans Day weekend indeed.  We're adjusting, although he's freaking out quite a bit. It's his first, at 41.

I have two other children, a 6.5yo son and a 22.5yo daughter who's preparing to leave for China in March. 

My next milestone is beta testing. Going for my second draw tomorrow and am terrified. Then, an ultrasound on Dec 18. 

Right now, I'm just trying not to panic. I hate the 7 week wait from finding out you're pregnant to making it out of the danger zone. I know I'm currently in the peak, week 5 to 6, and I am agonizing over every symptom change or tinge of pink on the toilet paper. I spotted with my son from week 5 to 8, and it sucked. 
    janesansible
  • - 40 almost 41 (next month) and live in South Florida
    - I am currently exactly 4 weeks today.
    - This was planned but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly given my age!
    - I have a 7 yr old DS.
    - I just cant wait to see the baby on the ultrasound.
    - I was so scared the first time so I really want to enjoy this pregnancy.
    - My health this time around is not the best and I worry about chromosonal abnormalities and a (so far) benign maternal genetic variant of unknown significance.
  • - Deborah/ 46 / StL MO
    - 11w 0 days today
    - Planned or Surprise? Total surprise. We weren't preventing, but had essentially given up.
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Have one daughter, 7, who is ecstatic. 
    - What is your next milestone? Go Monday for next appt. with ultrasound and cell free DNA test.
    - What are you most looking forward to? Having a 2nd baby!!!
    - What are you most concerned about? I am constantly anxious about something going wrong and it steals my joy.
  • Name/Age/Loc: Jennifer, 42, Connecticut, US

- How Far Along are you? 11w6d today

- Planned or Surprise? A little of both

- Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes. 4 kids ages 23, 18, 13 and 11

- What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). 1st trimester ultrasound(NT scan) and NIPT(I am sure)

- What are you most looking forward to? A new baby😁

- What are you most concerned about? Miscarriage

I did just get my results from the Counsyl Prelude screen that screens for trisomies 13,18 and 21 and that was negative and says i am having yet another boy(3 out of my 4 are boys). I have had 3 missed miscarriages in the last 6 years or so, the last being about 7-8 months ago and even though with those I never saw a heartbeat and there was no growth beyond 6w and this one has been different, definite growth, no questions and have seen the heartbeat 3x now I can not relax and enjoy. Partly because of my age and how anxious the OB makes me feel about my age. But, so far, so good.
    caeloen46
  • lk19lk19
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    - Name/Age/Loc: libby, 41
    - How Far Along are you? 9w1d
    - Planned or Surprise? Planned after trying 3yrs, ivf
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? This is my first!
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc). Every appt is a milestone, for me right now it seems. Have first real OB appt april 2.
    - What are you most looking forward to? Getting to tell people and get past first tri. Do you really get a boost?  I am barely functioning i am so tired.  Also meeting our baby :)
    - What are you most concerned about? Miscarriage and all things that can go wrong! And i wont have the right stuff... silly i guess
    LynnNJMollySm
  • gapmom2019gapmom2019
    25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 17
    - Name/Age/Loc
    Melissa, 41 next month, MO
    - How Far Along are you?
    5 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise?
    not planned
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many?
    2 girls, ages 16 & 17!
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)
    first OB appt. April 8
    - What are you most looking forward to?
    everything! :)  We thought we were done!
    My age; baby's health
  • 5ismyfav5ismyfav
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    - Name/Age/Loc - Suzanne, 42, Washington DC Area
    - How Far Along are you? 5 weeks
    - Planned or Surprise? Planned
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? Yes, 2, ages 13 and 10
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) Sonogram May 13th
    - What are you most looking forward to?  Sono!
    - What are you most concerned about?  I had my first MC 2 months ago, so really hoping to avoid that again.  Also a little nervous bc my beta was 5,105 at just 4w3d!  Multiples?  Ectopic?  Molar?  Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

I read on some completely unreliable site that the high hCG after MC is the body’s way of helping the next pregnancy; that the body does not forget.  I hope they were right.
    MollySm
  • - Name/Age/Loc
    Mary, 40, Washington State
    - How Far Along are you?
    28 weeks tomorrow 
    - Planned or Surprise?
    We’d been trying for over 2 years since we got married, but were starting to wonder if we’d ever get pregnant. Frankly, I was beginning to embrace the idea of us never having biological children and maybe considering adoption down the road. I got pregnant last September and we were overjoyed. A week later, we had a miscarriage. Two months later, we got pregnant again with this one and we were a bit shocked. So he was planned but also a surprise!
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many? No
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc) I have my gd test today. 
    - What are you most looking forward to? Holding this little miracle. Seeing him look into my eyes. And getting to give my amazing husband the gift he’s wanted for a long time- the gift of fatherhood. 
    Stillbirth. I’m not sure how we’d survive that kind of grief. 
    MollySm
  • MollySmMollySm
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    - Name/Age/Loc :  Molly/40/Maine
    - How Far Along are you?  4w3d
    - Planned or Surprise?  Planned
    - Do you have any other children? If yes, how many?  Yes, 3 girls.  7, almost 5, 2.5
    - What is your next milestone (major appointment, etc)  I need to call and make my first appt.  
    - What are you most looking forward to?  Completing our family.  Enjoying a last pregnancy if I don't miscarry.  Moving to the next stage of our lives with our kids growing up together.  
    - What are you most concerned about?  Miscarriage.   I had one between my first two daughters.   And then also being a crazy 41 year old with 4 kids! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• atladyatlady
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi all, I'll be 41 next week and this is my first pregnancy after ten years with no protection.

Complete surprise after several years of fertility treatments over 5 years ago.

I'm 9 weeks 3 days and looking forward to my 12 week ultrasound. 

I'm looking forward to announcing and getting to be a mom since I'd given up!