Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Wednesday 11/21 - Shopping Edition

Spill all your Black Friday stories here! 

What was your best deal? Did you fight with anyone over a tv? Where are you going this year?

Re: GTKY Wednesday 11/21 - Shopping Edition

• Options
    Best buy was a pair of over the knee boots that were super cheap. I actually walked right in, tried them on, was feelin' myself, and strutted the F out. It was magnificent and I felt like a total BA wearing those boots!

Worst experience was when DH, BIL, and myself went on Thanksgiving night to wait in line at Cabela's.They were giving away so many things, DH wanted a gun and I wanted free cowboy boots. Well after wait 6+ hours in the freezing cold... we all got $5 gift cards instead of the big prizes. We walked around, went home, and slept. Not a thing was purchased lol.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Soooooo...I posted this but I really don’t go shopping on Black Friday. Last year I did all of our Christmas shopping on Amazon. (THANK YOU MR. BEZOS!!)

The first year DH and I were living together (which was also our first Christmas together, lol) we went out at midnight and got a vacuum and a set of pots/pans. We got good deals!

I’ll prolly go to Target and Old Navy this year  to get holiday PJs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brookert615 I love finding that good pair of shoes! I have a habit of buying the same pair off ebay once I find ones I love.

My most memorable trip was going at midnight with my cousins in Maine the most picturesque little north east shopping center. I loved all the little shops and holiday joy! Best find was a winter hat with built in headphones for super cheap that I intended to gift but ended up keeping for myself! 
    TTGP November 2018 Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Dinner Fails

• Options
    @riff323 I think that’s part of the reason I love REI - they’ve been closed for the last 2 or 3 years on Black Friday. 

Also, I hate that retail workers have to rush their thanksgiving so they can get to work that night. I liked it when everyone was open at 5am.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland agreed! I think it's utter BS that retail workers can no longer enjoy their holiday because they're essentially forced to work, either through coercion or because they need the money because they don't get paid a livable wage. I'll get off my soapbox now.
  • Options
    @riff323 I am 100% with you! It’s bad enough that Thanksgiving is essentially ignored, and all the stores opening at like 6 pm really piss me off. Like seriously, people leave their family’s Thanksgivings to go shop???? My aunt and cousin used to leave ours early and I would judge so hard. 
  • Options
    I do all my shopping on Amazon. I don't think I've ever gone out on Black Friday. We might hit up Best Buy this year to look for a laptop, but that's near the mall and I just don't wanna deal.
  • Options
    Most of my shopping is done online these days. I used to get DH flannel shirts from Kohl's for $10 (reg $40) on black friday. One of these years I might try shopping at 3am to see how the lines are. I hear it's a lot less painful.

DH and I are somewhat minimalists so having to come up with a list of gift ideas is hard because we don't need more crap in our house! No need for the TV's, video games, etc.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause indefinitely
  • Options
    I worked too many years in retail to never go Black Friday shopping, ever. I really try my best to stay out of stores in general around the holidays because people are crazy and the trashed stores give me anxiety. 
  • Options
    I’ve only been Black Friday shopping once, a couple years ago with my SILs. We went to Target at like midnight which was actually awesome and then went to the outlet mall, which had great deals, but was pretty much anxiety inducing. Don’t think I’ll ever do that again. 

If I see an amazing deal on a good vacuum that won’t die in a year due to pet hair (any suggestions???) I could definitely be convinced to go out in the madness on Friday. We haven’t even had our cordless one a year and it’s crapping out on us. First world problems but our steps are wood and it’s so much more convenient to vacuum without a cord haha. 
  • Options
    @brookert615 I thought you were saying you got a pair of over the knee boots from Best Buy and I was like girl which best buy are you going to? 

I do Petsmart and Sams lol
  • Options
    We always go hiking on Black Friday (our state parks are free that day) and we bring leftover pie and a can of whipped cream. I don't really love shopping on a regular day... I don't think I would actually be a safe person to be around in a retail environment that day!
  • Options
    @nomangos23 HAHAHA! Best Buy caved and is trying to be a one-stop-shop to compete LOL.
    TW
  • Options
    @b_1029 We don’t have any animal hair at my house (just my own, lol), but we love our Dyson. I *think* they have a pet hair edition. They’re more expensive but the thing is awesome - still sucking strong after 7 years.
  • Options
    @b_1029 our Shark Navigator does really well and even came with a few special pet attachments.

@minnek8 your Black Friday sounds amazing.
  • Options
    @minnek8 that sounds kind an awesome tradition! I'm never shopping either, I'm with @riff323 on this one. Although I'm sure you can get good deals, I can't bring myself to do it! 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess Yup - you win for that comment. lol.

TW
  • Options
    My family has always been vehemently against black Friday so I never grew up going and I feel like the crowds are getting more and more insane each year. One Thanksgiving though I went and sat all night in line with one of my good friends who was waiting to get a computer deal. We brought blankets and camped out and played catch phrase with other people in line. I just went to keep him company though and didn't actually buy anything. It actually ended up being really fun but I'd never do it as an adult.
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I might be a little late on this but I realized a few weeks ago that I can totally wear one of those cute puffy vests without a bra! Its been a go to for my errands this fall. 
    TTGP November 2018 Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Dinner Fails

• Options
    After working retail for too many years I avoid black Friday like the plague!  I already got a lot of my shopping done during Amazon's Prime day/week in July.  Like other the rest of my shopping will be done on Amazon where I can take my time and stay in my PJs.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    My mom and I used to go really early and just toot around some less crazy stores (Target, TJ Maxx, Kohls) on Friday morning, and then go get early breakfast at Perkins.  Now I almost always work on Black Friday!  I do occasionally try and go Friday evening (its usually pretty chill by then) if I really need any good deals.  
  • Options
    @Icking82 omg Perkins! I haven’t been there since college, but I used to always get that fried chicken-ish type sandwich (I think with bacon). Drooling over here as I reminisce...