May 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 11/20

llhfreedomllhfreedom member
edited November 2018 in May 2019 Moms
I will be a first time mom, and am just entering my 16th week.  I have felt fine the entire pregnancy up to this point, and all of a sudden this week I am starting to have some stomach issues.  Not nausea so much, but I feel like anytime I eat I end up having digestive/bathroom issues...  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat either.  Is this normal?  Its starting to make me lose my appetite completely.  Has anyone else had these problems?

Re: Symptoms 11/20

• Options
    @llhfreedom I was about to direct you to our symptoms thread but it looks like no one started it this week. We don't have a thread for symptoms by trimester but we usually have a weekly thread to discuss symptoms (last one was started 11/11 it looks like). Do you want to change the title of this thread to "Symptoms 11/20" or I can create a new thread?

I don't recall if you've introduced yourself, but if you haven't, we'd love to have you intro in the thread stickied at the top of the board. If you read the "Read this First" thread pinned at the top, one-off posts are usually discouraged unless they're really unique (antibodies thread below). Since we didn't have a symptoms thread yet for this week for you to post in, not a huge deal, but that'd be the best place for this type of question.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 Hello!  I updated the title for you so you can use it as a symptoms thread if you want.  I also was just finishing up my comment in the introductions thread when I saw your notification!  :smile:  I tried to search to see if there was anything already posted on the symptoms but I hadn't seen anything.  I hope this is okay.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @llhfreedom perfect! Thanks :)

I went through a phase, last week, where even the tiniest bit of dairy bothered my stomach. Like, a splash in my coffee, even if I had a full stomach, messed me up for the whole day. I'm fine now so I'm not sure if it was related to pregnancy or not. I do have lactose issues but can usually eat whatever I want as long as it's part of a balanced meal (aka not a pint of ice cream on an empty stomach). Pregnancy is supposed to back us up (which is normal if that's your issue, and a stool softener could help) but if it's the other way, maybe pay more attention to what you're eating to see if you can pinpoint something that's bothering you.

• Options
    @kvh22 Yea its really strange because I don't feel like I changed my diet at all recently or that I'm eating poorly.  I thought about doing a food diary to see if I can pinpoint something that might be causing it.  
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited November 2018
    @llhfreedom I had stomach sensitivities randomly through my last pregnancy (weirdly in the middle), and have had it a bit too this time around.  My MD said sometimes you'll get backed up, then have everything come out quickly... pregnancy just causes multiple gastric issues.

The new symptom I just got yesterday - and I'm about to get allllll TMI, sorry about that - is peeing a little when sneezing.  FREAKED me out because I was scared it was water breaking, I was watching a show where a character went into preterm labor, and I have that history, so it was just a Google spiral of crying after that.  No other liquid surges since then so I guess it was urine, but holy moly, that caught me by surprise.  

ETA words.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 I have been struggling so hard with snissing for what seems like this entire pregnancy. I never know when it'll be just a sneeze or a sneeze with a little extra, so frustrating!
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited November 2018
    @sleepy33 @fuscok88 Omg, snissing... yes, good word for it.  And kind of alarming!  Guess I'll be getting some panty liners today.

Eta words
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sneezing, coughing, and vomiting all pretty much cause snissing in my world (but to be fair, this is #4 for me).   I just wear a thin poise pad or liner all the time. 

Has anyone else noticed their hair thinning instead of thickening?  
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 I'm amazed you haven't been wearing liners already. Another possible TMI, but the pregnancy discharge is real. Sometimes I have to go check if my SCH is bleeding again.

@fatmonica first trimester I thought my hair looked worse but I'm just now finally starting to see some more luxuriousness in my hair.

• Options
    @fatmonica Mine did that with my DS starting around this point -- I lost so, so much hair.  It finally stopped around week 22/23, but I basically had two hair sheds (one during and one postpartum). 

Ughhhh, the constipation.  I let my water intake slack and paid for it dearly.  
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @llhfreedom Welcome! Make sure you stay well hydrated. I agree that sometimes you can just go the opposite of constipation.  If it doesn't get better in a couple days or if it gets worse,  I'd call your doctor. 

@fatmonica I feel like I've been losing a ton of hair this pregnancy. This didn't happen with DD. My family has really thick hair which I'm grateful for.  With my sisters,  though,  with each pregnancy they lost more and more hair which didn't grow back.  So that's making me very nervous. 

Sorry I've been MIA (in case anyone actually noticed) today.
    I woke up with a really bad sore throat and my uvula (the weird thing that hangs down in the back of your mouth) was seriously swollen.  I stayed home from work due to the pain and trouble breathing.  I also kept gagging on it.  Has anyone ever had this before? Dr. Google says it's uvulitits and it can happen due to infection (strep), dehydration,  allergies.  
    I've been drinking Gatorade and doing salt water gargles so the swelling has gone down mostly but the sore throat and congestion are still there.  

• Options
    @fatmonica the hair loss this pregnancy really freaked me out. With my son my hair was sooo thick it was nearly impossible to pull into one elastic. This time around it's like postpartum hair fall but during. I'm hoping it lets up soon. 
  • Options

@llhfreedom my stomach was a mess the entire first trimester. It was either diarrhea or constipation. I mean everyday it was one. It sucked. And the terrible gas continues. I figured out its diary. Just pay attention to what your eating and find out the cause.

@kvh22 yessss omg to the discharge. Its ridiculous. Milky white mess all over the place. Happy Im not the only one. Husband thought he made me hot and horny. No sir its my body protecting our baby. NOW BACK UP

But my symptoms this week are I finally have some energy. For the past two days I haven't needed a nap mid day. And also my sex drive is coming back. Swear I made myself have sex maybe once a week the first trimester, from week 5-9. Then I started having sex maybe twice a week, weeks 10-12. Now at 15 weeks, Im like come on....Im ready. I know my husband is happy. Cus at the beginning of the pregnancy he just didn't get it. Ughhh he got on my nerves, wanted to have talks about why wasn't I coming on to him. It was a long first trimester, for sure.

• Options
    @expandcontract Actually I have had that exact same thing. I felt like I was swallowing my uvula. Usually it didn’t last long. It was either infection or from allergies for me.
  • Options
    So many people to tag, I don’t even know where to begin!

@fatmonica I felt like I was going bald for a while because I was losing so much hair! It has drastically changed recently and I’ll lose maybe 10-20 strands per shower rather than 200 strands per shower. I’ll take it!

@kvh22 my discharge today was crazy! Granted, because of the SCH, I check my discharge literally every time I go to the bathroom, even when arching the toilet to check for bleeding. My today was brown free with normal pregnancy discharge! 🎉

@llhfreedom I was dancing between constipation and diarrhea for a long time earlier in the pregnancy. Now it’s a dance between feeling regular and feeling constipated.

@expandcontract Ugh, that sounds awful! I sure hope it’s not strep! I have used throat numbing lozenges when that’s happened to me. Can you use something like that to help (not sure if we can do numbing things during pregnancy). Thisenhelped me a ton the last time I have uvulititis. 

My newest thing is food aversions. There are certain things I just can’t stomach; cooked eggs (hot) are the biggest culprit right now. Hard boiled eggs are fine if they’ve been refrigerated, but cooked eggs are vomit inducing right now! Ugh!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Eggs have been my biggest aversion too, but all types! It seems everyone at work is eating them right now. Even typing this makes me kind of queasy!
  • Options
    @cwell2016 agreed. Even mentioning eggs grossed me out. I can do them in something, like breakfast bowl, but plain eggs... 🤢
  • Options
    @cwell2016 @mrskoz428 I totally agree! I love eggs usually and for some reason have not been able to even think of eating them. It is so weird.
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus it must be our motherly instincts; can’t eat a baby animal?
  • Options

My lower back pain/sciatica/pelvic girdle pain is awful and has started so early this time. The secretary at my school even noticed that I'm already hobbling a little bit this morning. It's going to be SO BAD by the time third tri comes around.

Also, not a pregnancy symptom, but I got my flu shot last night and my arm hurts so bad today.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    I am so achey I feel like someone beat me up with a baseball bat. Is this normal?  😆
  • Options
    1. Constipation and stomach issues. I've been up the last two nights because after lying down for a few hours I get bad stomach aches. I don't feel like I shouldn't be at the stage of eating a snack at 3am, but I don't know of any other ways to alleviate it. Tums provide a short period of ease. Sitting up in a chair does nothing. 
    2. I've had more morning sickness since the start of the second! And longer bouts. In the first, every few days I'd have a small episode and feel relief after a couple of dry heaves. Now I'm heaving for a good 5 minutes (for the past 3 days in a row) before I can unglue myself from the toilet. **not gravida emesmia and not so constipated that this could be a bowel obstruction. 
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 if that's the case then I had crappy maternal instincts last time because all I ate was eggs for breakfast daily 😂😂 

Huge aversion to them this time. 
  • Options
    @lappymom2019 yes,  the aches are here to stay,  my friend.  Most of it is due to the hormone relaxin which causes your joints to relax and loosen so eventually you can push baby out. The other part is your changing body/ belly.  Ask your SO for massages and if possible schedule yourself a professional prenatal massage. 

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds 😂😂 I wonder why so many of us can’t do it? I love eggs,
    especially over medium with toast dipped in the yolk, but I can barely look at an egg without gagging! And to think, I’m bringing deviled eggs to Thanksgiving tomorrow... 😭
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I have no idea. I tried 3 times and threw up every time
  • Options
    @expandcontract I have had that happen a couple of times. It is annoying and painful, but usually only lasts a day or two. Hope your uvula is better today! 

The snissing is real. I cross my legs anytime I sneeze, just in case. However, this doesn’t work for when I vomit. I just pee all over myself and the bathroom. Seriously need some pelvic floor rehab.  
  • Options
    Discharge is all up in here. I feel more secure in a very light pad over a panty liner.

My nausea is also over the place, yesterday and the day before I was miserable, today just fine!

At 13 weeks, my boobs are sore! Out of nowhere!

My big one: I've been having a sort of... pressure? in my uterine area. It sort of feels like I have to pee often but not due to my bladder, if that makes sense. I'm wondering if it's gas or I'm backed up which seems the most likely though I did go a little bit this morning for the first time in DAYS. Still feeling that pressure though. Anyone else?

• Options
    @k2k2tog perhaps it may help to see a chiropractor? That is going to be no fun going forward. Massage should definitely help, too, just as @expandcontract said.

@notsoblissylissy the snissing is more than real for me, too. TMI, but one morning I hadn't gone to the bathroom yet before vomiting started. All I could get out between throwing up was "help! I can't stop peeing!" as the puddle spread across the floor. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @notsoblissylissy I'm actually going to be starting pelvic floor physical therapy for consistent pain during intercourse. Wondering now if they might be able to help me not pee a little so often. 🤔
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I’m finally starting to have normal pregnancy discharge (happy dance since it’s been brown spotting for 9 weeks) and I thought I snissed myself! I hate pads/liners because they make me...smelly...if you know what I mean. I swear too much when I wear them. 🤢

Also, yes to the pressure on the uterine area. Half the time it’s my bladder, which I don’t think I’m emptying completely now, thanks to baby, but I think the other times it’s just my uterus growing and baby flipping. This little one does not sit still and I think baby’s moving when I noticethe most pressure/pain.
  • Options

@mrskoz428 if you're having trouble emptying your bladder, try leaning way forward when peeing. Further along, I'll even lift my belly while leaning forward. It helps.

@knarlytaurus maybe. I have never been to a chiropractor before and am somewhat skeptical about them. I would potentially do a massage.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    k2k2tog said:

@mrskoz428 if you're having trouble emptying your bladder, try leaning way forward when peeing. Further along, I'll even lift my belly while leaning forward. It helps.

It does. I was coming here to suggest this. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds @k2k2tog I’ve been leaning forward with a little pelvic action to make my butt stick out some but maybe I’m not doing it far enough. I’ll try this! 
  • Options
    @expandcontract I am asking for massage certificates for Christmas! I took a nice epsom salt bath and that helped :)
  • Options
    ughhh I was feeling completely fine and then I went to take a shower and got SO sick. No no no today is the day I overeat all day long! This needs to go away now. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I hope the nausea went away in time for binge Thanksgiving eating. 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus it did. I had 1 big plate, napped, 1 little plate, and then a turkey sandwich 😂 
  • Options
    That sounds wonderful, @eatinwatermelonseeds! I ended up only doing one course on dinner, but two pie courses (and I usually don't really love pie)  The awesome thing is we're doing 2nd Thanksgiving today with my and I'm very excited for round 2.