April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 11/19

Re: Randoms w/o 11/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome @honey_suckle! SIL scored us a free second crib so we're set on those too at least, ha. 
    Good luck @sheknows6! Hoping everything goes well!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had that feeling the day of mine @sheknows6.  It's painful waiting!!  Good luck.

That crappy coworker I've complained about on here got fired this morning.  830 on a Monday.  Ouch.  She did suck.  Fully justified firing her but brutal timing.  And they fired a new lawyer.  So 5 lawyers and I'm the only legal assistant.  Great....i guess I shouldn't complain though, I still have a job.  I'll be mobile bumping now, too afraid to log in on my computer just now Haha!!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Good Luck @sheknows6 !!

I still have a week and a half till my scan but could have my 2nd tri quad screen results anytime and the uncertainty and waiting is driving me nuts.

And my glucose test results, though i'm not exactly looking forward to those.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    Scratch that, just got my glucose test results. GD again. Ugh.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Ack @thatbaintforbetty.  Damn.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm sorry @thatbaintforbetty :( hopefully the quad screen results come in soon and give you some better news to be happy about

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty oh boo. That sucks!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm not surprised, but i was really hoping with how rough this pregnancy has been i wouldn't have to deal with that as well. At least i know how to handle it. Now it's all a matter how bad it is this time and if i'll end up on insulin again or not.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty sorry girl. Hopefully you'll be able to keep it under control without insulin. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty oh no! I’m so sorry. I’ve always heard the harder the pregnancy the easier the labor, so maybe you have that coming for you! 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty ugh.
    @mermaidca at least everyone will know that you’re the only one pulling all the weight, unlike last week where they assumed coworker was doing some.
  • Options
    I'm in an absolutely terrible mood today. For no particular reason. Can it just be winter break already? Because the end of the semester is just killing me. 
  • Options
    Aweful migraine today because I didn't sleep well last night. DD is in our room while hers is being painted and she makes a lot of noises in her sleep.  Between snoring DH, DDs noises, and a dog that chases things in his sleep, I think I'm better off in the couch tonight!
  • Options
    Is anybody else struggling to focus at work and get tasks finished? I feel like I can't focus on anything for more than a few minutes and I am in general distracted and just don't get any meaning out of it lately. Just wondering if it's me or if it's the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @tmblickley I hope your migraine subsides. They're so terribke.
    @gollygeeitsamy I am. And it's awful because I know I need to get some things done 100% before mat leave but I'm just so reticent to even start them. UGH. 

I just realized that this is my last week this pregnancy without at least one doctors appointment. I'm thankful for all the extra monitoring and knowing that the team cares about keeping my little guys safe and healthy but damn I'm already tired of appointments. 
  • Options

@blueberrymomma that's awesome! Ours was sleepy and stubborn at the nuchal scan -The tech kept trying to wake her by jiggling the wand on my stomach and she literally waved her arm at it and went back to sleep LOL - Just like her mama :D So I'm hoping she's awake this go round.

Thank goodness it's only a half hour until I leave because I didn't sleep worth a damn last night and I'm trying to not pass out at my desk.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @sheknows6, ours was the same way, they couldn't get a look at the nuchal fold because he was all tucked up and refused to change positions, haha.

I'm excited for my anatomy scan next Monday, even though we know the sex already.  Also excited for Thanksgiving, although dreading the amount of work its been already prepping for it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I'm sorry to hear you have GD again. I hope you can get a lot of support and positive reinforcement at home to make it through.

@sheknows6 good luck at the scan! I'm waiting impatiently for ours. 
  • Options
    Lurking*** @sheknows6 I hope baby girl is looking good and dancing around for you. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    DH left this morning for Japan. He will only be gone for three weeks but being pregnant with an 18 month old and working full time makes me want to cry. Also on average I remember to take my prenatal vitamins five times a week. Mom of the year.
  • Options
    I'm jealous of everyone having their a/s this week. I'm over 18 weeks but my doctor really follows the rules (which I do love but still) so I won't have mine until 12/7. I know it's a boy and a few weeks ago everything looked ok but I am impatient.
  • Options
    I know i asked this question before but now that I know im having a boy.. I want to re ask because I dont really remember the verdict.. lol. 

My sister always wanted to name her boy Colton but then got pregnant with a boy and no longer liked it. She lost her boy at 20 weeks and named him Caleb. 

We are having a boy and LOVE the name Cole. Is Cole and Colton similar names?? Is it bad to name him Cole? I know she didnt like the name anymore but I dont want to rub it on further that she lost her son and I'm giving birth to a boy the same time she was supposed to. 

Thoughts?? Can I name him Cole? Or is it iffy?
  • Options
    @elmich3 I would talk to your sister about it.
  • Options
    @mrstmoose me too! Mine is in two weeks  at 20+6 which just seems kinda cruel...  Hoping that between thanksgiving and vacation the following week time fly by
  • Options
    @elmich3 I feel that Cole is removed enough that it shouldn't be an issue. Personally, I wouldn't associate the two names but I don't know how your sister would. Just casually mention the name you picked and see her reaction, gauge it from there.

• Options
    @fuzzywombat mine is at 20+6 too! I'm dying over here!
  • Options
    @elmich3 My aunt and uncle lost their daughter Elinor at birth; I named my daughter Elinor as well. I did give them a private heads up on our choice, but I also let them know that I hoped my Ellie would have a special connection with them. (Also, I say my Elinor is named for my great-aunt AND my cousin.)

While the timing in our situation is vastly different from your situation, you might find that you like the name to echo Caleb’s, and that your sister likes that Caleb isn’t forgotten.
  • Options
    @mrstmoose with my daughter I had my anatomy scan at 18 weeks and I wish I would have waited closer to 20 weeks, you can see everything just a tiny bit better. I won't have mine until 21+1 because I wanted to wait until DH gets home from Japan.
  • Options
    @kbirchtree I’m crying 😂😂😂
  • Options
    @kbirchtree I may end up using those ideas tomorrow.
  • Options
    @kbirchtree those are fantastic ideas. My son played "Sleeping Beauty" a while where I got to lay on his bed and he got to jump around and sword fight till he came over and asked me for a smooch. Best game. 
  • Options
    Ok I need to be so much more productive today. I have 3 tasks to finish this week but NOOO motivation. I just want to shop and plan Christmas things lol
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    I bought a Christmas tree yesterday. DH is really on this train of me trying to make good memories with our kids to try and make me hate the holiday less. Well he opened the box and put it together (why I don’t know), then put It aside in our bedroom and now DD is whining about the fact that it’s not out and displaying her new unicorn ornament. 

Dude, making me listen to a super whiny toddler while sick and pregnant is not how you win this war. 

Also I asked him when and where we would put it while in the store and he told me we would worry about it after Thanksgiving...
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    My boss threw away my lunch. We are on a super tight budget so I don’t have money to go out and buy food. I seriously just dug through the trash to get it. Yup, I’m eating garbage food today