April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 11/19

Re: Randoms w/o 11/19

• .......why did your boss do that @harveyisaboysname?! Wtf?

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• For real @sheknows6 who the hell throws out someone else's food?? That SUCKS @harveyisaboysname.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @harveyisaboysname omg. That is so sad! Why???
  • @harveyisaboysname  wtf? Why?
    @sheknows6 glad your anatomy scan 

ps I don’t know why the above posted 

I need to find some motivation before my mom gets here tomorrow. I still need to bake pies, make grandmas jello, buy drinks, and make some gifts. I have a migraine today, I’m super exhausted, and DS has been crazy all week with ZERO naps. Plus swim practice started this week so I have to coach from 6-830 tonight, ugh! Hopefully a) DH does some cleaning tonight and b)the kids are in bed before I get home and c) my mom doesn’t arrive tonight lol
  • @harveyisaboysname - if my boss throw away my lunch she would 100% be buying me lunch!

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I honestly have no idea. It was sitting on the counter out of the way. She didn’t throw anything else away ( leftovers from breakfast) so I’m really confused. Everything seemed fine still in their bags. I am however saving the apple to feed to the rabbits now because I can’t stomach the thought of eating an apple after it’s touches trash even if I wash it. 
  • Another FB group thread 😐 why isn’t TB good enough?????
  • @lilpotatomama no clue. I still talk to my original BMB but it’s still so early. Also she mentioned 200 people. Yikes. My first BMBs Facebook was maybe 55. 
  • @lilpotatomama @MRDCle it took all the fiber of my being to not turn that into a GIF party of chicken nuggets.

@harveyisaboysname he/she would be buying me lunch. Rude.
  • @lilpotatomama and I never understand their reasons about having a support system and community.  Right...what do you think we're doing here?  
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca talking about our dinosaurs.

• Me: 31
  • You've probably seen it but all romaine lettuce has been recalled - return to store or throw away!
  • This foot massager is amazing. I don’t have $200 to drop on one, so I’m just never going to leave my job. If you don’t know what to ask DH to get you for Christmas, ask for one of these. 
  • I just wanna say I appreciate that everyone is game to hold off on a fb group until babies are due. We did the same in my last BMB and it was a great idea to wait. 

Also, my docs want to wait until 20 weeks for A/S too, and while I do appreciate that because it means baby is further along, it’s still hard waiting. Mine is scheduled for 20+5. Feels like forever to wait. 

I got lucky with DD. At my 20 week scan, they got almost everything checked out except her heart, so I came back at 24 weeks for that, and they had signed something incorrectly on the original so they did the whole thing again. It was awesome getting a double check but I’m not counting on getting that again. 
  • You've probably seen it but all romaine lettuce has been recalled - return to store or throw away!
    Wow! I did not see this yet! Thanks for the heads up!!
  • Bought an air purifier and it arrived today. This poor air due to fires is killing me. I’m excited to improve our home air though. And it has a UV germ killing light that’s making me happy. 

Also so I think I have a cold and that sucks. 🤧 😷 😢 

Also if my boss threw away my
    lunch I would probably ask for a replacement. 

• @kbirchtree I am all about air purifiers in CA in general. I think people in other parts of the country just don't understand how bad the air quality is in much of this state, and that a lot of our "pioneering" restrictions on car exhaust etc are just to be able to breathe better and try to raise healthy kids. A lot of the causes are complicated intersections of geography and our activities (transportation, agriculture, oil extraction...) which means that any time we can take steps towards increasing air quality, it's far from a complete solution. :(:(:(
    /rant

Anyway, I hope that it helps and also definitely hoping that the fire smoke subsides...
  • @professormama totally get that, I just did the same thing. Happy thanksgiving to you, too! 
  • @professormama makes sense! Finish out your semester strong! We'll all be here when ya get back.

We're out at noon today and I brought a slice of pizza for breakfast.  If I can pull off my plan of "leave DS at DC and go home and nap/make my side for tomorrow" I will be VERY happy.
  • I’m about to puke from nerves, can’t even tolerate toast right now and DH says “everything is okay, don’t be silly” 🙄🙄🙄 he thinks he’s so helpful. 
  • @lilpotatomama is your AS today?? So exciting!

•  late to the party but I couldn't believe we got another fb thread either. +1 to not understanding why everyone wants to jump ship from TB so quick :|

Good luck today @lilpotatomama!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• So ever since I hosted Thanksgiving a couple years my mom has left me in charge of buying the ham every year since I found this one she loves.

Well we went grocery shopping last night specifically to the store I get it at and forgot to buy the damn ham. 

Now I have to go after work and brave night before thanksgiving grocery store hell for a damn ham. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Just wanted to share some baby Black Friday deals that I've seen:

Target: 1/2 off Graco 4Ever (I have this one, great car seat), save $100 on a Chicco Bravo travel system (stroller/car seat - great system I have this one too), 1/2 off Graco Pack n Play, 1/2 off Lillebaby All Seasons Carrier, sale on Vtech Baby Monitor, and of course all clothes will be on sale. 

Buybuybaby: 20% off select Graco products, 30% off Britax car seats, they also have some crib deals but it varies by brand/style, select BOB strollers $100 off

Carters: 50% off store and website even up to 70% off some items - great time to get some sleepers/pjs for baby! Plus take an EXTRA 20% off $50+ purchase (not valid on clearance or doorbusters) with coupon code CART1118 - valid through 11/30/18 you can find the in store coupon code on Carter's website. I also saw two other coupon codes on Slickdeals.net

Zulily - BabyTrend Rockridge SitnStand Deluxe Stroller $49.99 (normally $165)
  • I also wanted to add to Target, if you are a RedCard member you have early access to deals and there is also 50% off 3 other Graco model carseats including the Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat but it looks like it's already OOS online so store pickup only. 
  • Now that I'm at work I realized the shirt I'm wearing has a small hole on the belly (which is stretched out so more noticeable) and there's a stain on the chest of toothpaste or something.  I put my blazer on to see if it would help but it just frames the stain.  Ugh.
    Me: 31
  • DH rarely adds things to the grocery list and this morning I was craving peanut butter toast. We are completely out! Don’t mess with a pregnant woman’s peanut butter. Arg. I need to figure out how to train him before the baby comes. 
    Also, I have been super clumsy lately, which is annoying. I keep dropping things and today I broke my favorite mixing bowl. 
  • So exciting @lilpotatomama! Glad it went well.
  • Thanks @MRDCle! To be completely honest, I’m pretty nervous. I don’t know anything about girls. I’m so used to little boys because of my nephews. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy I want that pack n play but i think it's in-store only...? And i'm definitely not doing that, lol.

Although thanks to Amazons Black Friday deals week I think i found DDs Christmas present. Yay!
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty - Target is the reason I LOVE black friday shopping. I show up about 30 minutes after open. Maybe wait 10 minutes to get (only bc they stagger people so its not chaos) Everything is set up at the ends of aisles for easy pick up and EVERY register is open. It is SOO organized and put together. Unlike Walmart which is a total shit show
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @thatbaintforbetty I checked the ad for you and it is in store only. Bummer! Maybe find a friend who is going and see if they can snag it for you?
  • @kosmo86 I think i went into Target on Black Friday once and it was a MUCH nicer of an experience then some i've had (and worked). But i still have no desire to actually go since the Target closest to me opens at 5pm tomorrow. Which is just ridiculous, no deal is worth interrupting dinner.

@gollygeeitsamy I don't think i know anyone who goes out shopping on Black Friday. Everyone i know is home avoiding the crowds or working.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I have to go back for my anatomy scan because baby wasn’t cooperating for them to get a good enough view of the heart today. I also have to still go do my first trimester blood screening.... by myself. I’m terrified. I always pass out with blood tests so I always bring DH with me. I’d rather push a million babies out of my vagina than have to give blood. 
  • +1 on the FB ask. I actually enjoy the bump and I know most people by their usernames on here and for now I can catch up relatively quickly.

@lilpotatomama congrats on baby girl!

I used to work at Target and it definitely takes a lot of effort but it comes out pretty organized in the end. I don't really go out on black Friday, can't stand the crowds and I feel like it's so much effort when I can go online during cyber Monday or even for the deals you find in stores. And I'm still a bit bitter about it being on Thanksgiving day now. My poor DH never gets to have Thanksgiving with family because of it, thankfully I got out of retail but it blows for the ones who make it a career.