May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend of Randomness 11/17

What are doing this weekend??
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekend of Randomness 11/17

• Options
    I have Christmas music music playing, eating warm cinnamon rolls, and decorating for Christmas! ❤️❤️ This is very unlike me but I’m hoping it puts me in a better mood!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I'm planning to convince DH we need a Target run before the Ohio State game so I can pick 3M hooks up to hang lights today. I've been meaning to since last weekend, but when DD2 got hurt it was the furthest thing from my mind. Finally in the mindset to get back to it! I've been playing Christmas music since before Halloween was over 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 i bet your house smells so yummy right now! I need Cinnabon! 

@imrachellea how is your daughter doing today? 

• Options
    @mrskoz428 Our tree has always been the one I made DH buy when we were still dating, so it's his bachelor tree. It's worked for us, but now that we're living up north we'll be getting a real tree this year!! But because our house here is twice the size of our Florida house, we're still going to set up the artificial tree as well. One in the front window, one in the family room at the back of the house with our fireplace. Plus the girls each have a little 3' tree in their rooms...I *love* Christmas!!

@expandcontract She's generally doing well. Her hand is bandaged and I've changed the dressing twice since our appt with the plastic surgeon. It seems to be healing appropriately, but I'm not a doctor so I'll wait for the follow up on Monday to be sure she's on the right track. It isn't hindering her because it's well cushioned. But she's been having nightmares of the incident (waking up screaming, saying she's hurt, and telling me she's scared of getting hurt again), which is killing me, because I can't take away that fear. We just have to wait and pray for time to pass and let the memory fade a bit.
  • Options
    @imrachellea Im really glad she is healing well  but omg poor baby,  the nightmares! Have you thought about calling her pediatrician and getting some advice from him/her? That's what I would do.  Ugh PTSD sucks bad. 

• Options
    @expandcontract We don't yet have a pediatrician here 😔 I need to get one, though, because DD1 needs a five year well check.
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds be salty! I would be!

Also, I put up a bedroom Christmas Tree, too! 
  • Options
    I might buy a little Christmas tree for our family room next year. You guys are convincing me 😂
  • Options
    It’s happening again...another drive by board created about baby movement. 🙄😳🤪
  • Options
    I was so tempted to comment "If you want to make friends I don't suggest you argue with us in your original post before we even have a chance to comment." "I know it's the baby this isn't my first rodeo" okay lady, no one said it wasn't 🙄
  • Options
    Oh, but that said, I'm feeling the baby daily now. It's strange because it's just little vibrations, not nudges, but it's fun. Not sure what they're doing in there, but it's multiple times a day and they're draining my energy and making me super hungry 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseedseatinwatermelonseeds said:
    I was so tempted to comment "If you want to make friends I don't suggest you argue with us in your original post before we even have a chance to comment." "I know it's the baby this isn't my first rodeo" okay lady, no one said it wasn't 🙄
    yes, this! I was like don’t ask and then argue! 😂 ugh!
  • Options
    Weirdest thing just happened.  I order GoodNites overnight diapers in my Amazon Subscribe & Save order.  Last month, Amazon notified me that the order may be delayed as the GoodNites were out of stock.  So I wasn't surprised when I received a GoodNites box on my porch a couple weeks after the rest of the Subscribe & Save stuff arrived.  In the meantime, Both kids magically decided to night train and we haven't been using the diapers, so today I go to pull out any unopened boxes to give away or sell.  DH must have put this box away because today I immediately noticed the weight was way off.  Look at the label, its not addressed to me.  Then we opened it.  This box of diapers is actually about 50-60 CDs (only 3 different albums, there's 20 or so of each album) and 2 wifi water leak detectors.  
    But seriously, how does this even happen?  This box didn't even come directly from an Amazon warehouse.  It came from the shop of an Amazon retailer in Kitchener, ON.  The intended recipient is in Brampton, ON.  For those unfamiliar with Canadian geography, Kitchener and Brampton are about an hour's drive from each other whereas I live in rural Saskatchewan, approximately 3000km Northwest of there.  The address on the label, even if you remove the Brampton part of it, is not even remotely close to my street address either.  So why a delivery guy would put it on my doorstep is beyond me. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mcewen3 ♥️♥️♥️
  • Options
    @mcewen3 stories like that are why I felt so adamant that DS needed a sibling. Yesterday at therapy there was a baby and his face lit up and just stood there smiling at her, playing with her toes. He was in love. I think he's going to be such a good big brother. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds your son sounds like the absolute sweetest boy.  He is going to be an amazing big brother.  My girls are pretty close in age, plus they’re girls.  They are either best of friends or arch enemies.  There’s no in between.  Lately it’s been more arch enemies than BFFs so I am extremely grateful for today’s shift in attitude.  I think the bigger age gap this time around will lessen some of the fighting, but I hope they are still able to find the same closeness.
  • Options
    @mcewen3 thank you ♥️ he's seriously the sweetest guy. As I was writing the this he cuddled up to me and said "mom, I really love you." I do worry about closeness with the age gap, but I'm grateful there should be a little less fighting. I'm also worried with all his time as an only child getting all our love and attention he'll feel like we replaced him 😭 
  • Options
    @mcewen3 I feel like your my spirit mom. Girls very similar ages with another on the way, girls who behave very similar to each other...It's awesome and terrible at the same time 😂
  • Options
    Today was filled with Thanksgvining prep! I’m hosting in our new home this year, and I’m a little worried about how “unfinished” some of it is (no paint on the walls) but it is what it is. I’m still very excited! I’m picking up my very fresh local non-GMO range turkey on Monday...can’t wait to get it in a brine! 

Now you ladies have me wanting to put up my Christmas tree! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Working today and it's so busy! Shopping tomorrow with my mom and mil. H will be home sometime on Monday until Tuesday afternoon so wanting to get everything done so he wont/I can spend the time with him guilt free.  

I am adamant about no Christmas until after Thanksgiving but I'm ready for Friday now :) 
  • Options
    @mcewen3 I feel like your my spirit mom. Girls very similar ages with another on the way, girls who behave very similar to each other...It's awesome and terrible at the same time 😂
    I think we are!  I remember you mentioning your girls different personalities one time and I thought OMG, those descriptions are my girls to a T.  Some days are so rough, then we get days like this and it all melts away.  
  • Options
    All this Christmas talk makes me want to watch elf! Dh has a no Christmas before thanksgiving rule, so I am stuck waiting another week. I will however be bringing the movie with us to his parents place in NJ. 
  • Options
    Ahhh, just got home from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody! So good! Highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys anything by Queen!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I think we are going to go next weekend when we are at my ILs and they can watch DD! 
  • Options
    @chloe97 so good! That’s the latest I’ve been up by choice since my wedding! 😂
  • Options
    DH and I are having a big debate about real Christmas tree vs fake Christmas tree. He really wants to get a real one this year and I am all for setting up the fake one (like now hahaha). We used to get a real one every year but between our crazy schedules and unpredictable winter weather we had several years when we did not have time to go cut one down, so there were like 2-3 years when we didn't have a Christmas tree. Plus I hate the mess soooo much! 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 I've never had a real tree, so I can't speak for the Northeast (which I imagine is much different as far as trees go since you guys are already getting snow) but I went through the Christmas tree farm.. Field.. Thing... 😂 At Halloween to get to the pumpkins and there were spider webs ALL OVER the trees. That made my decision for me 😂 it was a freaking nightmare. If we ever move back east I may try a real one, but in the meantime it's fake spiderless ones all the way. 
  • Options
    Okay, that's a lie. In 5 excruciatingly long hours we'll be walking into the office, we probably won't know for at least 30 minutes after that 😩
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds there is no way I would get a spidered covered Christmas tree, that is what nightmares are made of. haha. I am hoping that it is been so cold all the tree spiders are dead. 

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 never ever 😂 where are you at again? My mom is in Maine and has been getting snow a lot already. Are you in NH? I can't ever remember everyone's locations so I could be way off and if so, I apologize. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I am in NH and it has been so cold for weeks, yesterday it got up to a warm 41 👎
    Good luck at your US today,  can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl!

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 that's the one thing I don't miss about NH. I was never a big fan of the cold. I could not wait to get somewhere warm. Which, this isn't really what I had in mind, but it's so much milder..I mean, spiders sleep in Christmas trees here 😂 it's warm. I love watching my husband and son though when it hits like 60, both huddled in coats like they're freezing and I'm in a long sleeve confused as hell why they're so damn cold. 

Omg. Funny story. So I went to basic training in San Antonio, Texas. I left NH in December, so it was really cold already. I get there, it's like 55 in the mornings and they have us in parkas, gloves, hats. Everyone around me shivering and I'm kind of hot wondering why the overkill 😂