May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend of Randomness 11/17

2»

Re: Weekend of Randomness 11/17

• Options
    We used to be a strictly real tree family but about 4 years ago we were given a beautiful fake one. We were hesitant to take it but we kept getting sick every Dec. We thought maybe there was a correlation so we said lets try it this year. Haven’t been sick in Dec since getting the fake tree!!! After researching it a bit I came to find out that as the tree dries out it releases thousands of spores into the air. We don’t get typical allergic reactions but more like actual cold or sinus infections. Dh way worse than me. I don’t know if we will ever get a real one again. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    We are officially on Thanksgiving Break. Well not Dh but no school all next week! So excited. Yesterday we did two kid birthday parties and my girls had a friend spend the night. Now we are just relaxing before church. I’ve got some of the TJ’s chocolate croissants in the oven and they smell amazing. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really think my clock might be slower today than any other day. It's actually running slower. Is that a thing? I think it is. 
  • Options
    I’m still in my pajamas and enjoying puppy snuggles! ❤️❤️
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds good luck at yount appointment (right now?)! 
    kids with flags
  • Options
    I have to take DD1 to a birthday party in a half hour and I don't want to go. It's a fancy tea party and it's TWO HOURS. I want to curl up under a blanket and take a nap, not go make nice with other moms who are probably dressed for a tea party while it ain't happening for me. This is the window of time every day where I have zero energy. Le sigh.
  • Options
    Current view. There has been snow on the ground for almost 2 weeks now (central New York). We always cut our own tree, I love the smell and the whole tradition. However, as you can see everything is pretty much bug free at this point. 
  • Options
    Congratulations @eatinwatermelonseeds!! I'm sure your son will love having a baby brother. You can see he loved the announcement theme! 
  • Options
    Yay!  Congratulations @eatinwatermelonseeds !!  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds congrats on baby boy!
  • Options
    We're having a staff potluck tomorrow and I totally spaced on making my contribution. I'd really rather be going to bed now (at 8:30pm 😜) then making bacon wrapped stuffing balls. But...bacon.wrapped.stuffing.balls. I guess it's worth the sacrifice of sleep!
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Congrats on a boy!

• Options
    I just took an amazing nap. But now the natives are getting restless and demanding food so I probably should figure out something for dinner. I’m not hungry as I just ate some Halloweeen candy.  :p

• Options
    robyn2201 said:
    We used to be a strictly real tree family but about 4 years ago we were given a beautiful fake one. We were hesitant to take it but we kept getting sick every Dec. We thought maybe there was a correlation so we said lets try it this year. Haven’t been sick in Dec since getting the fake tree!!! After researching it a bit I came to find out that as the tree dries out it releases thousands of spores into the air. We don’t get typical allergic reactions but more like actual cold or sinus infections. Dh way worse than me. I don’t know if we will ever get a real one again. 
    This is precisely why I will never have a real tree in my home. Im allergic to basically every tree they can test for and also mold, in general.  That and the potential fire risk and all the work it takes to cut, bring home,  set up,  etc. Etc.

@eatinwatermelonseeds Congratulations to you and your son!! I know he earned a brother real bad! Have you told him,  yet?

• Options
    I know it's not the weekend anymore but NH love over here <3 We're in CA but I loved growing up in NH and going back to visit for the holidays so it feels like Christmas (and for the lake in the summer!). I'm also all about a real Christmas tree but since we fly to our parents for Christmas' and have a small apartment, we got a small fake tree for our apartment last year now that DD arrived.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    The ONE time we had a real tree, we heard a scratching one night. We tried to figure out what it was, and the next morning there was an EXPLOSION of termite looking bugs along with baby spiders. Everywhere. OMG. Never a real tree again. 
  • Options
    I love real trees. They just make the whole house smell amazing. It is a big industry where I live with local farms all over the place selling them, and beautiful trees are pretty cheap. I have never seen any bugs in my trees (not discounting anyone's personal experience), and I hope I never do!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am late to the party but it is a family tradition to cut down a real tree every year. I love it. Thankfully we haven't had any Christmas Vacation experiences of living creatures in our trees.
  • Options
    @SpaceBurger OMG!! 

• Options
    @SpaceBurger omg so gross
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    Jess4usJess4us member
    edited November 2018
    @eatinwatermelonseeds congratulations  and love the reveal photo!

@mrskoz428 I want to snuggle those pups!

You guys are making me want to try a real Christmas tree! Only for the smell though 'cause I heard they can get messy! Oh an now cause of @SpaceBurger 's story  :o

Oh and my weekend just got exciting, we bought a new shnazy Ford F150.... god help us all when I drive it lol but I totally feel like a rock star in that beast.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @jess4us@jess4us congratulations on the new truck!
    @misskimsue where are you from? Are you in New England? 
    @SpaceBurger that sounds like the beginning of a Stephen King book...
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus I'm in Oregon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ah-OK. Your some reason I was thinking maybe you were from NH. I've only been to west coast parts of Oregon, but it was so awesome! Definitely had a similar vibe to New England, and the coast was just beautiful.
  • Options
    @Jess4us they are great at snuggles. I’m never alone!! ❤️
  • Options
    @Jess4us We have an F-150 and it is so fun to drive around. I hate having to use it with DS though since it doesn’t have 4 full doors, it has those little half doors. I bought it when I was single so it didn’t seem like a huge deal at the time 😂
  • Options
    Jess4usJess4us member
    edited November 2018
    @DressageDarling nice! I need all the positive stories because parking is the part that freaks me a bit. We have some tight spaces in Toronto!  Did you adjust quickly to driving it and its size and all?

Fortunately ours have 4 full doors.... but you're totally boss for getting it while you were single...I wouldnt have considered it had it not been for hubby  :D
  • Options
    @Jess4us I’m sure it won’t take you too long to adjust.  We drive trucks pretty exclusively in our house (DH has a 3/4 ton for work, 1/2 ton personal use and I drive a Yukon XL which is just as high and long as either truck), but fresh out of high school I had a tiny little Pontiac Sunfire.  Going from that to a truck was a big adjustment but was surprisingly not as difficult as I thought it would be.  Just watch your clearance if you are parking in parkades.  I have been in several where I can fit through the hanging guide at the entrance but that get smaller in some spaces due to hanging pipes, etc.  It’s deceiving and can be really freaky when you are in such a big vehicle with limited space to turn around and whatnot.  In the city I stick with the few parkades I’m really familiar with and otherwise I choose open air parking lots or street parking.  
  • Options
    @mcewen3 OMG my Canadian friend when I first moved to California was yelling at me when we were driving in downtown Palo Alto to go to "that parkade" and I had no clue what he was talking about! He was getting so mad at me for not following his directions (I just like to park in a different parking garage which isn't the point) and it was hilarious because he didn't know it wasn't used in the US (as far as any of us East Coasters in the car knew, at least).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @Jess4us I had a Honda CRV before that and felt like I adjusted pretty quickly! I don’t drive it very often now, just when my car is in the shop, and I still don’t have a hard time parking it. You’ll do great! And I loveeeee it in the snow. It’s so much easier to handle, just get some sandbags for the back to weigh the bed down a little. I always felt so safe in it. 
  • Options
    @mcewen3 and @DressageDarling you are totally speaking to me ladies. These are my main concerns and it I am getting a confidence boost reading your posts. 

I was actually trying to convince hubby to get a Honda CR-V but it would have been more expensive with all the Ford sales going on now.

My biggest fear is also people getting pissed off at me being slow to park at first or checking my clearance 😂
  • Options
    @mcewen3 Jealous of your Yukon! 😍 I have a Ford Flex now and it’s more like driving a boat than a truck. I’m hoping to go back to a larger and taller vehicle next time around. 
  • Options
    @DressageDarling I love it!  I got really lucky to score an amazing deal on a gently used one (pretty low kms, locally maintained and in pristine condition for close to 1/2 the price of a new one) otherwise I'm not sure I would have gone with it.  But it suits our family really well, has loads of space and I feel very confident driving in the winter with it.  We live pretty much in the middle of nowhere and its about a 4.5 hr drive to get to the city where my brother/SIL and mom/stepdad live.  Since DH works a lot, I do that drive alone with the girls pretty often.  I couldn't handle not having a truck in the winter for that since I have had to 4LO my way out of a ditch more than once in my life.  I would hate to be stuck, knowing I could have gotten myself out on my own if I was in a different vehicle.