May 2019 Moms

***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

124»

Re: ***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

• @purplejoymommy no but feel free to start it. I've definitely seen it mentioned on various threads!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @purplejoymommy I haven’t seen it but wouldn’t be against you starting it if you’re ready. I’m sure people would contribute at this point since some of us are quickly approaching 2nd trimester.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all. Can we make all the threads weekly,  now? It getting crazy now with how long some of them have gotten like "Why my pregnant self is awake" and "what my pregnant self is eating. "

• @expandcontract I think that’s a good idea.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• How do you all feel about making a board for car seat and stroller recommendations? It's a bit early, but I'm wondering if there may be good sales this season ?
  • @knarlytaurus I was thinking the same thing. The double stroller is the only big thing I have to get and hoping I might see some deals. I'm happy to contribute my recommendations.

• @knarlytaurus @kvh22 Do we need to limit it to the two items, or do we want one big thread for registry related questions/suggestions? As a stm, I mostly care about the stroller rec's. But I remember appreciating allllllll the suggestions from the other moms, when I was a ftm. 
  • @knarlytaurus @kvh22 Do we need to limit it to the two items, or do we want one big thread for registry related questions/suggestions? As a stm, I mostly care about the stroller rec's. But I remember appreciating allllllll the suggestions from the other moms, when I was a ftm. 
    I think we should open it to all items.  Especially with Black Friday coming up,  I know im already looking for some items.  

• Do we need a separate thread for mental health? 

• @expandcontract I like this idea a lot. I think monthly check in would be okay
  • @expandcontract I also think that's a good idea. 
  • I like the mental health check too! 🙋
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Can we start a carseat thread?  I'm totally worrying about fitting three across in my car and wondering if anyone has recommendations. Hopefully there are enough moms in here with more than 2!
  • Sounds like a good idea @Sarahbtek especially with big sales coming up!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Sarahbtek There is a Registry Recommendations thread (prob on pg 2 by now) that you could put this in, maybe? Personal opinion, but I think if we have separate threads for each category of baby gear that the board is going to get realllllly cluttered and each thread will be subject to "off-topic" stuff that "belongs in a different baby gear thread.  Example, car seats easily run into strollers, which runs into how to keep baby warm in the winter... 
  • IDK, @optbaby2017 , I see your point, but car seats and their installation, etc is a HUGE topic in my experience. It might overwhelm the general thread. We could poll it and see what the board consensus is? (POLL ALL THE THINGS)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:
    IDK, @optbaby2017 , I see your point, but car seats and their installation, etc is a HUGE topic in my experience. It might overwhelm the general thread. We could poll it and see what the board consensus is? (POLL ALL THE THINGS)
    I agree, plus car seat safety. I had no idea before my BMB with DS that you couldn't have coats in the car seat. It's a huge thing that people tend to be lax on. I was recently in an accident with DS (I got rear ended by a semi, 100% not my fault) and I had installed our new convertible car seat just a week beforehand and had spent 45 min with a car seat educated mom from my old BMB messaging and sending her videos before I was comfortable driving. You can bet a week later when I got hit I was SO EFFING RELIEVED I had spent all that time making sure everything was all set.

• I agree that car seats are more important than all the other things and therefore warrant their own thread.
    kids with flags
  • @DuchessOfCambridge true! I actually had no idea the chest clip was supposed to be so high when we took DD home from the hospital. Obviously the nurses were no help either since they can't give any advice. I learned from my board! They were flaming someone else for having the chest clip low hahaha

• @spaceburger okay now im really curious where you live.  At my hospital,  during discharge,  a special nurse came in to check that we had baby buckeled in correctly. She even went so far as to make my husband do it and not me.  She said 90% of the time the moms know what they are doing,  but the husbands don't.  

• @expandcontract we actually asked the nurse if we were doing it right and she was like "figure it out." When I did clinical in mother baby I was informed that I was not allowed to give any advice on how to buckle in correctly, which just really makes no sense. I asked if I got certified as a car seat technician if I could and they said no because it's a hospital liability still. So please people, read your manual, Google, everything.

And side note, for the love of God please don't put your infant carrier on top of the front seat in the shopping cart. Not safe not safe not safe. (I saw this today and I'm just not even remotely confrontational so I didn't say anything but it makes me cringe every time).
  • Yes - go get your car seats checked before you go into labor if possible! There are a bunch of different programs so see how it's done in your area. A 3rd party works through our hospital so we go to the hospital parking lot although they technically aren't affiliated. We also did this when we installed the convertible and with each seat (infant in mine & DHs, convertibles in mine and DHs) there were things that weren't correct even though we read the manual. We'll go again when we move the convertible in my car and install the infant seat. DH's car can't fit 2 (if he's also in the car) so he has to buy a new one before this LO starts daycare (or soon thereafter) so at least by Jan 2020.

• I just created a car seat thread.  Let's move this conversation over there, please.  

• Could others please volunteer to create new weekly threads for the different topics? I feel like if nobody does then people just keep using the older one and it gets super messy.  I'd do it for all but I don't want all those alerts.  Thank you so much!!

• @expandcontract you can turn off the notifications, I know I did! I’m cool starting the Monday Bitchfest Board. :-) I did this week! 
  • @mrskoz428 Can you turn them off for a specific thread, or just for the whole app? Teach us! 
  • mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited December 2018
    @optbaby2017 I think I went to my profile then preferences. You can turn off notifications for discussions you start, boards you post in, etc. 

Edited to add instructions (on the iPhone app):
    Click on your name on anything you have posted. You’ll get a screen like this. 
    Click the preferences button on the top right. You’ll get a long list of notifications you can turn on/off!
  • @mrskoz428 holy moly! How did i not know this?! Thank you!!

• @expandcontract of course! ☺️ They were driving me nuts so I just did some dinking around until I figured it out!