March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 1 Check-in 11/12-11/18

For due dates 3/1-3/9

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season?

Re: Week 1 Check-in 11/12-11/18

• Options
    Due date: 3/2

Any appointments? Questions?: Routine pre-natal next week. I'm not sure if I'll be asked to take the gestational diabetes test then or not.

Rants/Raves?: Raves: I had a prenatal massage on Saturday and it was divine and provided enough temporary relief of my hip pain that I wasn't bothered by it at all until early Sunday morning! Also rave: Apparently week 24 is a great milestone of fetal viability? Of course, I'd like LO to stay snuggly right where he is for the next few months but it's amazing to know he's reached a point where he could survive outside the womb with today's modern medicine.

How are you feeling?: Other than the hip pain making me hate side sleeping, I can't really complain. I'm feeling baby boy wiggling several times a day. DH likes listening to my belly (not sure how much he is hearing is baby or my own bodily noises, lol) and just yesterday, baby boy gave him a couple kicks to the cheek while he was trying to listen!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? Not sure I can narrow it down to one! I love Thanksgiving and am looking forward to time with my family, delicious food (and not having to cook it), and a break from work!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited November 2018
    @BuckeyeNut05 Sorry to hear you're on modified bedrest! That must be frustrating when you're used to being active. Does that mean you'll have additional scans to see if it moves?
    I have a low lying placenta but they aren't checking the status of its movement until week 28. I originally had my scan scheduled for this week at the advice of the tech but my midwife said that was way too early.

ETA: typos
  • Options
    @mayoduck yep. They'll check again at 28 weeks, so there's still a glimmer of hope but I guess the further along you are the less likely it is to move?  He said he expected it to have moved by the last appt but no such luck. I will cross my fingers that yours moves!  :)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @maggiemadeit My office does it at 26 weeks which is the end of next week for me.

Honestly though, it’s better to know and make modifications. I’m just bummed that it’s right during the holiday season. I didn’t have it last time and I eat relatively healthy + work out often, but diabetes runs on both sides of my family so there’s a good chance I’ll have it.
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons It’s crazy, I forget how far along we all are in this pregnancy! I hope it turns out well for you - good luck! 
  • Options
    I already have off work the day of my appointment next week but won't for the following appointment so if they don't ask me to do the glucose test at my next prenatal, I will probably ask if I can do it then since I'll have the time to sit around for an hour.
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 That's what I was worried about when I originally had my follow up scan for week 24, that it wouldn't have moved enough and I'd then also have one at 28. Fingers crossed the next one brings you good news! I have read stories of people whose placentas didn't move out of the way until week 36-38, which just tells me there is so much time left for it to correct itself.
  • Options
    Due date: March 1st

Any appointments? Questions? Next appt Dec 5th and I'll have my glucose test then. 
    Question: Should someone go with me to the glucose test? My DH has attended every appt up until now and has used up quite a lot of his sick time. 

Rants/Raves? My Chiro has upped my appts to every week.. I think I may change it back though. I'm also going to see a pelvic floor physical therapist tomorrow. I've had quite a lot of pain down there recently and my chiro suggested her. Has anyone else gone to a pelvic floor pt?

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Bump is getting bigger than I expected already I cant see my toes lol I run out of breath super easy. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? Comfort food and family 
  • Options
    @BlueBelle2004 I don’t really see a need for someone to go with you. Last time, I was lucky, because they let me drink the sugary liquid at home and then drive in so I didn’t have to sit around for an hour.
  • Options
    For due dates 3/1-3/9

Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?: not until 11/27 (and I will have the glucose test then).

Rants/Raves?: not too much going on right now. I'm excited for my acupuncture appointment this week, and my fit4baby fitness class! DH helped me clean the house this weekend so now it is just about maintaining it. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Some crazy dreams and funny sensations when baby moves. My hip pain has been improving with acupuncture and the fitness class! 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? Being cozy with family. My birthday is right after Thanksgiving and my dad's is this weekend so we love to make tasty treats together. My sister is coming for Thanksgiving too and I haven't seen her since early September so that will be really nice! 
  • Options
    @bug_hunter I'm so sorry you're both having to deal with so much stress right now. It seems that finances aside you're both moving in the right direction with regards to communication and getting out of a bad situation?  I hope things start to get better for you both soon. 
  • Options
    @bluebell08 I saw a pt for pelvic floor several years ago. The different exercises they had me do were odd... But helped. My reason for going wasn't so much pain as it was strengthening though. Just be prepared to get very comfortable with this person. 
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited November 2018
    @bug_hunter That's a lot going on! I hope your partner's quitting his job will alleviate a lot of stress for you both. The drinking can be a challenging thing to deal with too but that's great that he recognizes he has a problem and is open to seeking outside help. Sounds like you could really use a holiday! I hope things turn around for you soon!

ETA: MH experienced some little kicks to the face the other day too! So funny.
  • Options
    @bug_hunter I’m sorry you are dealing with all that. That’s a lot on top of your own school stresses and baby/wedding planning. On a positive note, it seems like you guys have a really strong foundation to build on in a mairriage if you are already working through this as a team. I hope that those positive changes you have planned together will alleviate some stress for both of you and put your SO in a better place to be a better partner. 
  • Options
    For due dates 3/1-3/9

Due date: March 9 

Any appointments? Questions?: Thursday I meet with my midwife regular weekly appointment and then after I meet with with the nurse at the hospital. Our hospital does a practice called “baby bound” they teach what to look for in terms of labor, getting ready for baby (what you need, getting a pediatrician, etc.) and one of the RNs at the hospital does it all. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: Not too much to rant about right now ... except I have a co-worker that I just can’t seem to communicate with well. I’m not sure if it’s me or her or both of us hopefully we can get it figured out. 
    Rave: I have all of next week off and I can’t possibly be more excited! 

How are you feeling?: I know I said this somewhere but after my weeks of bedrest in my last pregnancy (laying on my left side 24/7 to keep my BP down) I ended up with horrible left shoulder pain. It also doesn’t help that it’s my domainate arm. The thing is that the carpel tunnel and shoulder pain didn’t start until after my baby was born. It definitely threw the doctors off but they blamed how I was breastfeeding/holding my son. Fast forward a year and a half and sleeping on my left side again and it’s all coming back! I’m so scared! It was very painful last time and I don’t want to go down that road again. Luckily for now it’s hit and miss. Other than that I still have off and on nausea (not nearly as severe as before) and Braxton Hicks despite drinking all the water.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? I’m definitely looking forward to my break off work next week, shopping with my mom around the holidays, getting together with family, and seeing my son do all the holiday traditions will be fun this year :smile:
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 @mayoduck @maggiemadeit Thanks, all. I think we're both determined enough people to get through this crap, it's just exhausting. I also don't want to talk about the drinking problem to people who know him because I don't need people judging him or our relationship so it feels good to get it out here. This pregnancy thing is such a kick in the butt to get so many other aspects of life in order! 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/3

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is next week. Follow up anatomy scan where they will also check to see if my low-lying placenta has moved. I've also asked to have my glucose test completed early so I'll be doing that next week (I'll be 25 weeks).

Rants/Raves?: Well, I wasn't going to put this out there but since @bug_hunter was brave enough I will be too. MH and I have been fighting more and more lately to the point where we have actually now separated. Mainly because of his abuse of marijuana. It is illegal in my state (not even medical is approved) and he continues to use it. He had promised to quit a few months ago but has since decided that it isn't necessary to quit and that I am being unreasonable by asking. I don't usually have an issue with marijuana unless it is used irresponsibly- such as driving while impaired, transporting it in his vehicle, etc. It's been very stressful to now be on my own dealing with everything, and sad to know that he is missing baby movements etc. all because he won't give up the pot nor agree to be responsible in the event I decided to "compromise". Because of all that's going on, I really don't have a rave this week.

How are you feeling?: Pretty low on top of the same problems as everyone else (hip and back pain, poor sleep, etc.)

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? I will have lots of yummy option for my stress eating.
  • Options
    Due Date: 3/2

Appointments: Glucose Test December 5th. Excited only because I am taking the day off of work to do Christmas shopping afterwards!

Rant: Actually None

Rave: We had our Babymoon over the long weekend. We went to the mountains and had a really great time! 

Feeling: Overall pretty decent back pain is definitely getting worse, still tired but sleeping much better. 

GTKY: Everything! I love this time of year! Super excited about decorating because this is our first year in our new house. 
  • Options
    @cancer2988 I'm sorry you're going through something similar. I've been with my partner for over six years and  I'd say for probably four of those years he was incredibly stubborn about his drinking and we were never able to have a productive conversation about it without him getting pissed off. I'm not quite sure what changed in his head recently that helped him realize there is a problem, but I know that nothing I could have said or done would have convinced him of that unless he came to the conclusion himself first. I hope your husband realizes what he's missing out on by not being with you and your child and something clicks in his brain, too. 
  • Options
    @cancer2988 I’m so sorry you are dealing with that stress in your marriage. I hope you can find a way to enjoy this special time without him, and that he wakes up and realizes what he is missing out on. Hugs to you. 
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited November 2018
    Due: March 2. 

Appointments: I think I have one this week. Need to check my date book!

Rants/raves: Looking forward to thanksgiving!

Feeling: I went to the chiropractor for the back and pelvic pain I've had. I've had a couple appointments. I think it helped some, but I do still have it. Of course, they'd like to continue to see me weekly until the pain subsides entirely. Which I'm not sure it will until I deliver! So I think I'm only going to go back if it gets bad again. I wouldn't mind going weekly, but I just can't justify the cost (and I hate asking people to watch my daughter that frequently). My insurance doesn't cover chiropractic care. 

Also, I threw up today. Not sure why. I didn't feel like eating this morning, but I did anyway. And then I was just lying around. And then I got up, had a couple dry heaves and then ran to the bathroom! I haven't puked much this pregnancy, 3 times total, but all post 1st Tri. Idk what it's linked to. Sometimes, it's linked to what I'm eating, like too rich or greasy food, but I'm not sure this time. 

GTKY: having family around. Also, I'm looking forward to decorating. I kind of want to start now, but I'm also a firm believer in nothing Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry for those of you struggling in your relations with your S/O. :( I hope it improves. 
  • Options
    Due date: March 7th

Any appointments? Questions?:
    I had my monthly appointment yesterday and everything was good.  I have to redo my anatomy ultrasound for a 3rd time because they need clearer pictures of her face and nose.  She always covers her face during ultrasounds!  

Rants/Raves?: Rave: We took my mom to Disneyland on Sunday for her birthday and we had a great time.  I was very grateful for the day off yesterday to rest and relax. Rant: I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done before baby arrives.  

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling tired!  

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? I'm looking forward to 2 weeks off with my husband and son.  We have a lot of fun family traditions this time of year and I'm excited for them all!

• Options
    @bug_hunter @cancer2988  I’m so sorry you are going through so much with your husbands and relationships. I’m sorry I don’t have any sound advice for you but I send you both creepy internet hugs. 
  • Options
    @bug_hunter @cancer2988 I'm so sorry to hear of the hardships you guys are going through. Relationships are hard work in general, but things can get so messy when there's alcohol/drug (mis)use, and a big life change (such as a pregnancy) happening all at once. @bug_hunter Your partner's admittance of a problem and willingness to seek help is big step and I applaud him for being so courageous. I've struggled with the same issue with MH, and as you pointed out so clearly, we can only do so much because it is ultimately up to the individual to choose to recognize the problem and do something about it. @cancer2988 I cannot imagine what a difficult decision it was for you to take a hard stand with your husband, and even though you're struggling to go through the pregnancy alone, you've taken the steps to ensure a healthy and non-toxic environment for you and baby. I hope your husband sees the wisdom of your decision and makes the necessary changes to be present and supportive of you two.  <3

For due dates 3/1-3/9

Due date: 3/8 (International Women's Day! Woo!)

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my monthly checkup today. Nothing out of the ordinary, though was surprised that doc said my uterus is now way must my navel (it makes sense, just hard to wrap my head around how quickly babies grow). MH is still attending all my appointments, which seems kind of silly because it's just a checkup. I think he keeps hoping for an US peek; was vocally disappointed when all doc did was listen to baby's heart lol.

Rants/Raves?: I've managed to find a "calm in the storm" so to speak, so I'm enjoying that and a resurgence of energy. Rant is the continuation of "the storm" - MH is working his butt off and so stressed. I hope he gets to rest soon because I worry about his health.

How are you feeling?: Starting to get a lot more RLP, though it feels different from the ones I felt in first tri. This just feels like it's hard to unbend my body from a sitting position sometimes. It's dull and lasts a while, and I look ridiculous taking several attempts to stand up straight lol.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? I look forward to being with my family, and feeling the time slow down around me. It's a hectic time of year, but you can almost feel the collective pause as people reflect on the year and look forward to the next.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my 24 yesterday! Unfortunately they’re still making me do the glucose (I used to love orange soda, can’t handle it since my last pregnancy)

Rants/Raves?:  My doctor gave me permission to go to Disney in January!!!! I was supposed to run the Disney marathon with my sister but obviously the baby is nixing that, but I can at least cheer her on!

How are you feeling?: pretty good, just tired but that is all from work. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? My son is at the stage where he is still really excited by it all, and I’m excited to enjoy it with him
  • Options
    @bug_hunter and @cancer2988 I'm so sorry that you both are going through this at an already stressful time. Please keep us updated. Bug, I'm glad he came clean with about the alcohol abuse and seems willing and ready to accept help.

For those you dreading the glucose test, the actual drink isn't that bad. I did the fruit punch flavor and it reminded me of more syrupy gatorade.

Tips: Eat low carb, high protein the day of the test and get lots of hydration!

I did not pass my one hour with my first pregnancy and had to do the 3-hour, twice. The first attempt ended 1-hour in when I threw up all over myself in the waiting room. Not a good look!

Due date: 3/9

Any appointments? Questions?: I had a follow up to my anatomy scan on Monday. Baby boy went from the 40th percentile to the 75th percentile in between the two scans. I have been hungry lately! My OB was willing to schedule my c-section if I want to go that route, but I wasn't quite ready to get a date in the books. I don't necessarily have my heart set on a VBAC, but I don't want to schedule a c-section at 39 weeks just because I can either. My loose plan as of now is to schedule something closer to 40 weeks and ask for sweeps at 39 weeks hoping to go into a labor and at least try for a VBAC. I do not want to be induced again. 

Rants/Raves?: TWO DAY WORK WEEK NEXT WEEK!

How are you feeling?: I am feeling more and more "normal", just getting uncomfortable and big. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season?
    Food, food, food and experiencing the excitement through DD.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/2 Any appointments? Questions?: Just had glucose test on Tuesday, should get the results soon hopefully. Rants/Raves?: We had some new neighbors move in over the summer and as embarrassing as this is, I think they must have bombed their house for cockroaches because we’ve had a ton pop up here for no reason. I’m a clean freak and already have anxiety, so hearing the pest control man say it could be up to 3 months to get rid of them freaks me out. I can’t stand bugs and I honestly don’t want to start on the nursery until they’re gone. On the plus side, my mom found my registry on Amazon (hadn’t told everyone about it yet) and I got a text from her today telling me to expect packages for baby boy. She’s so excited to be a Nonnie! How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Anxiety is improving with medication. Always exhausted. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? The lights. I know that’s not the reason for the season, but I absolutely adore Christmas lights. Something so simple is just so beautiful.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/2 Any appointments? Questions?: Just had glucose test on Tuesday, should get the results soon hopefully. Rants/Raves?: We had some new neighbors move in over the summer and as embarrassing as this is, I think they must have bombed their house for cockroaches because we’ve had a ton pop up here for no reason. I’m a clean freak and already have anxiety, so hearing the pest control man say it could be up to 3 months to get rid of them freaks me out. I can’t stand bugs and I honestly don’t want to start on the nursery until they’re gone. On the plus side, my mom found my registry on Amazon (hadn’t told everyone about it yet) and I got a text from her today telling me to expect packages for baby boy. She’s so excited to be a Nonnie! How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Anxiety is improving with medication. Always exhausted. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? The lights. I know that’s not the reason for the season, but I absolutely adore Christmas lights. Something so simple is just so beautiful.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry for the triple post. My app glitched and well, here we are. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/26

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment 12/3. 

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been battling a terrible cold this week and I so wish I could take some proper cold medication to kick its butt. 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Although my cold and/or my 4 year old could be partly to blame. Still getting some tension headaches/neck pain but not as bad as the last few weeks had been. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to during the holiday season? Seeing family. My favorite is a Christmas party hosted by someone (rotating schedule) in my extended family. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also was surprised at how not-terrible the glucose drink was last pregnancy. I dislike most beverages other than water and milk. I especially dislike pop, and people said it tasted like flat pop, so I expected to have a hard time taking it. It was lemon-lime, and it wasn't terrible. It was really sweet, and I didn't like that, but I was expecting way worse.
  • Options
    Had my appointment yesterday and I measured at 25 weeks (I’m only 24 weeks). I’m hoping this is pretty common and our little boy is okay in there. My first always measured right on track where he should. Any insight? Thanks in advance!