March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 1 Check-in 11/12-11/18

2»

Re: Week 1 Check-in 11/12-11/18

• Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited November 2018
    Had my appointment yesterday and I measured at 25 weeks (I’m only 24 weeks). I’m hoping this is pretty common and our little boy is okay in there. My first always measured right on track where he should. Any insight? Thanks in advance! 

One week isn't a big deal. Typically, being over or under on fundal measurement isn't a concern unless it's three weeks or more. My daughter measured 1-2 weeks ahead for a lot of my pregnancy. She ended up being a big baby - 8 pounds, 12.5 oz - but I delivered her just fine (4ish hour active labor, no complications, no meds, 2nd degree tear that healed quickly and was likely at least partly due to delivering on the birthing stool.)
  • Options
    @ashley14598 My LO has been measuring about 8 days ahead of schedule since his first scan but neither the tech nor my midwife have brought this up as a concern so I try not to dwell on it. Neither MH or I are tall people (I am 5'4" and he is 5'7")
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashley14598 On the inside they grow at different rates just like on the outside, so it isn’t a big deal unless there is a huge difference between due date and measurements. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing @mayoduck @novelblessings thanks for the reassurance ladies! My midwife didn’t seem concerned at all and I have noticed that I seem to have “popped” in the past few weeks. I also gained 7 lbs since my last appointment 4 weeks ago which concerns me. However I have still only gained 3 lbs total this pregnancy as I had lost a bit in the beginning so maybe that has some to do with it too.