March 2019 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying - November edition

I haven't seen one of these threads for a bit so I thought I'd start a new one. Especially because the pregnancy weepies are REALLY hitting me hard now. 

MH and I went to see the new Queen movie yesterday, it was all I could do not to bawl in the theater. 
And later last night I decided I wanted to break out the doppler and listen for LO's heartbeat since I can't really feel him move much still. So I drop a glob of goop on my belly and he starts giving me crap about how much goop I used. He said he had to buy the stuff I use at home so not to use so much. Turns out... He really was just giving me crap and I'm super hormonal and took so seriously that I was crying about it. Haha! He felt so bad afterward. 

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying - November edition

• Options
    I cried over there not being cranberry sauce to get a Gobbler sandwich from Wawa. But in my defense that was after a 10 hr shift and literally anything could have me sobbing after that. 
  • Options
    @valentynsi I had to hold back tears just during the previews when we went last weekend. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was tearing up at a 60 minutes story about identical twin brothers who play in the NFL... 
  • Options
    There's been days I've cried about crying ya'll...hormones are kicking my ass.
    Yesterday we moved the crib from DD's room to the new baby's room and when DH put the mattress all the way up I lost it. Bawled about DD already being so big and how was that possible? blah blah blah. Then later cried about how ridiculous I've become.
  • Options
    I went to my moms house this weekend to tell her what i want to have from the room she has for my son there since she is moving. i was looking for food and asked to get the key to the downstairs apartment, she told me to eat the chicken on the table...and i didnt know where it was from...and i'm weird about stuff like that, so i ask her and she goes "NOW DONT START THAT SH-- TODAY"...and basically yelled at me....and i immediately went to the living room and started crying silently. she hurt my feelings. 
  • Options
    Yeah... for me it would honestly be shorter to write about “why isn’t my pregnant self crying.” 

I have turned into a complete weepy marshmallow. We looked at a house this weekend and I was borderline hyperventilating crying after we left. I had to wait 5 minutes to calm down before I could go back to my MILs house because I was so embarrassed. 
  • Options
    The Toy Story 4 preview made me cry this morning! I love those movies

• Options
    I was watching Animal Planet yesterday. The Bronx Zoo had to euthanize a snow leopard due to a neurological issue. It was not good; I've loved big cats since I was about 7. The Irwins (Steve Irwin's family) have a show as well. They had a segment on their Siberian tiger (my favorite big cat) who lost his sight to degenerative eye disease. I need to stay away from Animal Planet.
  • Options
    Stan Lee had me crying at wrk today :-( 
  • Options
    First, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see this thread (I'm sorry y'all are experiencing this too though!) because the past few days I just can't stop having crying spells over seemingly everything! I was actually rummaging around the site looking up this stuff wondering if it was a phase in this stage of the pregnancy. 

Last night I broke down, then again this morning when we unloaded all of the baby gear/clothes/toys that we'd been generously given from a dear friend who had her son a year ago and most of it went unused and was in great shape so she passed it on. It sat in the van for a little while until I could make room in the house and so I had it all set aside in my son's closet and seeing it all filled me with a sudden, overwhelming anxiety. Partly from the realization, seeing everything...that this is really happening for us at long last and then feeling slammed by the list in my head of all that I've yet to purchase, organize, accomplish. Trying to set up maternity photo shoot, find a dress (why is this making me cry???) get car seats for each vehicle, the crib and changing table... so much to do! 
    Then going through a box of newborn outfits she'd given us, holding the clothes, I was just in tears.
    A total mess!

Today I was crying as I was frustrated over trying to find a reputable place to purchase a gown for the maternity photos. I kept seeing the site Lulaluka but saw that it was a scam site and looking on Amazon and Etsy I'm not happy with what I'm seeing. The weight has been coming on fast these past few weeks and that has me ruffled too, even though I'm eating well/healthy but the body changes have me feeling so uncomfortable and awkward and not pretty right now. Haha. All of these reasons for losing it and breaking down into tears seems so petty and silly and they are but it just happens and then I feel so ridiculous. 

*sighs* But it feels good to have a place to share this and vent a little and read all of you ladies experiences as you're right there with me. :) xoxo 
  • Options
    @kapowfal I love animal documentaries but I can't watch them while pregnant. It's a cruel, cruel world for those precious animal babies!
  • Options
    I cried twice tonight... 1. Because of the good dinosaur 2. Because we haven’t done anything to prepare for this baby yet ... 
  • Options
    I cried today b/c I clogged up the garbage disposal with chicken breasts and my sink is out of commission until it can be snaked tomorrow. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @ashley14598 dude the good dinosaur is a killer. Definitely started sobbing in the theater  with my 4 y/o giving me this look of “mom what is your problem?!”
  • Options
    I legitimately cried today because the Birth Hour podcast is sooooo good this week! 
  • Options
    gowencgowenc member
    edited November 2018
    I was at the hospital today for the follow up to my anatomy scan. I had a flash back to when I was taking DS home from the hospital after he was born, almost 2 years ago. I got all choked up remembering how full of emotion that day was, and thinking about how that day will come again before too long! I'm a sap.