June 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Week of 10/31

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL).  If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation. 

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you! 

1. How many weeks are you?

2. Previous loss(es)?

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

4. Any appointment updates?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

7. GTKY: What is one thing you are thankful for today?

Re: PGAL Week of 10/31

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@nmbrcrnchr1 Good luck today!

@prpl11butterfly Thinking about you and crossing all things crossable.

• Options

@eleven_ I'm terrified of the NIPT results too.  With three losses and being 40, now I worry that even if this is a viable pregnancy, I'm at a higher risk of chromosomal issues.  PGAL is definitely a mind f@ck. 

And I also get not wanting to seem negative while trying to remain realistic.

• Options

@Panaceia I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to attach yourself too much until you know that it’s real. I wasn’t able to feel like this might be it until I saw that strong HB. The fact that you are starting to have nausea though makes me so hopeful for you!

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Oh yay!!! I swear you said your appt was in the afternoon. I was ready to have to wait all day for this news! I'm so happy for you  <3
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ oh it was, forgot to add that part to my story....they called first thing this morning to reschedule bc my midwife was out of the office. I told them I’d prefer to keep my US today and would see one of the other midwives, so they could get me in this morning! I was not going to wait another day and sleepless night 😁 it’s nice to get in this morning but now I have to go back into the office 😩 I was really looking forward to going home early and working from home
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly So many hugs to you. Do whatever you need to do to get through this. We will be here if you need us.

@nmbrcrnchr1 I'm so glad you had a good US!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly FX that everything is fine and that your start feeling better. 

@nmbrcrnchr1 YAY that's wonder and I am so glad you got to see your little baby! 

1. How many weeks are you? 6W5D

2. Previous loss(es)? 2CP in the last 6 months

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally a wreck (see physical). Physically completely fine. Absolutely no symptoms and it is completely freaking me out. 

4. Any appointment updates? Appointment is next Friday!  8 MORE DAYS!!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DS1 & 2 must sense something is up because they have been extra loving and sweet. They do not know I am pregnant, but they both have just made sure the last couple of days to let me know how much they love me. Also, DS 1 ran his first 5k last weekend and I am so so so proud of him for setting a goal and accomplishing it! 

6. Any milestones coming up? Not that I know of. 

7. GTKY: What is one thing you are thankful for today? I am thankful for a job that allows me to have flexibility! 

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 6+4

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 7/18

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I’ve been mostly okay because physically I’ve been experiencing quite a bit of nausea. I have had a little bit of a break from it today, which has been nice. 

4. Any appointment updates? My first one is on the 14th which is less than 2 weeks away now. Still just counting down.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I just wish I didn’t have to wait so long for my first appointment. But, I also didn’t want to schedule it any sooner because of the timing of my MMC, I know that I’ll need my first and second appointments scheduled closer together for my own sanity.

6. Any milestones coming up? Not yet. 

7. GTKY: What is one thing you are thankful for today? A little relief from the nausea. Weirdly, last Thursday was also an easy day for me as far as not having any nausea goes. That was the last time I had any relief, so it’s much needed today.
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I’m so glad you had a good appointment!

@prpl11butterfly Sometimes taking a step away from everything can help you relax a little. Do whatever you need to to get through this time.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 9 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 7/16 and 8/17

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?
    Physically - fairly constant feeling of being hungover.  Emotionally - I hear what so many of you are saying about how this messes with the mind and even though it looks good today, things can suddenly go wrong.  How I dream of the past when I was oblivious to it all. But we had a good US yesterday with a dancing little bean, so for today I'm going to ride that high and take it one day at a time.

4. Any appointment updates?
    US yesterday, likely next one is 11/12 with my OB. I can go to the RE again one more time in-between, but I haven't decided if I want to deal with an extra day of anxiety.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Normally I would rave about my staff, but the past couple of weeks they have been horrendous about time management, which puts my tasks into a pressure cooker and there is no reason for it. I'm trying to keep my stress levels at a minimum here!

6. Any milestones coming up? Each appointment basically.

7. GTKY: What is one thing you are thankful for today?
    My two fur babies.  They sense when I have bad days and curl up with me and right now they are making life seem so peaceful as they lounge in the sun of my office without a care in the world.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Hugs to you, M. Hang in there. Pop in if you feel up to it to update when you can. 
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited November 2018
    @ncm1919 Agree 100%. Initially I thought about termination with respect to Downs, because I'm 37 and that's where my mind goes. I wouldn't terminate for that. But there are other conditions that I hadn't considered. Bottom line, until I live it, I have no idea what I would do.

You certainly get no judgment re: your feelings from me.

@prpl11butterfly It's so hard to hear optimism and positivity when you need to prepare yourself in case you do get bad news. It doesn't mean you're being negative, it just means your heart cannot handle being blindsided. Hopefully you and YH have a good chat.

ETA: tag
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly We all completely understand the need to step back. Please know we’re here if and when you’re ready to return. I’ll be thinking of you and crossing everything for the best results possible ❤️

@ncm1919 I am so sorry that thread made you uncomfortable. I truly hope nothing I wrote made you feel that way. The truth is, you’re very right. No one really knows what they would do until they’re living it. I said that I wouldn’t terminate, but I was honestly thinking about things like Down’s..not things that are incompatible with life or something where my child would possibly suffer or be in pain. I really have no idea what I would do in that situation. Please don’t hesitate to participate in that thread. Diverse perspectives are how we all grow. And yours is welcome ❤️
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited November 2018
    @eleven_ @bakerstreetboys I'm worried about NIPT too. I'm also finding a way to correlate my losses to bad results. I miss being naive.

@eleven_ The nausea kicked in full force today. But I get it every time regardless because my betas always get so high. I was throwing up constantly during the last two. But I'm holding on to anything that resembles hope at this point so I'll take it!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I’m glad I spoke up. 
  • Options
    @ncm1919 I'm sorry it made you uncomfortable. I agree it's so hard to say what you would do until you are put in the position. 
  • Options
    TW***

Hi ladies. I’ve been lurking for a few days while I was in limbo & silently supporting you all.  Sadly it’s time for me to graciously bow out of the June Mom group  :(   My betas never exceeded 800 & are now on the decline in my 6th week.  
    I wish you all beautiful & healthy LOs  <3  
    thank you for being my santiy over the past few weeks. 

I’m deeply sorry if this post is a trigger. I just don’t feel connected enough in any other group to post this. 

Question - in July my 1st pregnancy ended With a MMC & I deleted the app in a rage & only re-downloaded it after I got my BFP in early Oct.  This time I’d like to stay connected.  What boards do you recommend, if any?  My DH & i plan to try again asap 

End TW ** 

• Options
    @elliecele17 I am so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.  I really liked the support of the Trying to Get Pregnant board after our loss and while we were trying.
  • Options
    Oh @elliecele17 I’m so sorry. I really liked the Trying to get Pregnant Board after my loss. But I had to give myself a little time before I joined. Take time to take care of yourself. Be kind to yourself during this time. Take care. 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I am so very sorry. There are just no words. Initially after my losses I hung in the TTCAL board, which is under the child loss section. The women there are amazing. Once I felt ready to start trying again, I moved over to the TTGP boards. Again, I'm so very sorry. Please take care.  <3
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I’m so sorry to hear this news. I also recommend the TTGP board, specifically the loss thread. It was a great source of support and understanding for me. I hope that you are able to lean on your husband and heal. 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I’m so sorry for your loss. Please take time for yourself to heal. And I would also recommend the TTGP boards specifically the TTCAL thread there, it got me through a lot after my loss. ❤️