Infertility

November 2018 IVF

Re: November 2018 IVF

• TuasdadTuasdad member
    edited October 2018
    @wine_mama16 Hoping your retrieval went well yesterday. We're thinking of you.

@ah80 Glad to hear your ultrasound went positively. Specially when you were bracing for the worst. I'm glad it was the opposite.

@ChristenMA83 Great news on the baseline! We had ours yesterday too.

AFM: We started a lot of things yesterday. AF, meds and baseline U/S all happened. Last day of BC for my wife was on Saturday. AF came yesterday. Which was weird since she was just here (and very very late) a week ago. My wife only did one week of BC.

We weren't sure what number to expect at baseline, so we were pleasantly surprised with count of 21 follicles. We're tentatively penciled in for ER sometime between 11/9-11/12.

On that note, i'm slightly nervous about the pressure for me to provide a sample the morning of E/R at the office. I'll already be nervous for my wife to go under. Then a few doctors, nurses, my wife and tens of thousands of dollars depending on me to go in that room and exit with the goods. Having a crowd outside waiting, knowing what you're in there doing doesn't exactly put one in the mood. Idk maybe most guys don't think of that kind of thing, but it's on my mind. #NoPressure. I guess it's nothing compared to the blood draws and injections my wife is going through.

On that note, we had an ironically funny moment during first meds. I worked at an animal shelter for ten years, so I am very comfortable giving vaccinations and doing blood draws....but somehow, when we did our first injection yesterday morning, mid-injection, I got the giggles. Like bad. I have no idea how or why but I could not stop laughing and my poor wife started laughing too....all the while i'm trying to hold still and finished injecting all of the cetrotide. When I finally the injection we sat there and laughed for a while, like what the hell was that?! lol  
  • @nitnat007 @Tuasdad @callingthestork @ChristenMA83 @sbjbrn thank you all so much for the support and the encouragement. The ER went smooth and they go a total of 29 eggs. They plan on calling me tomorrow with the total count of fertilized and explained that the count goes down about 80% then another 50% for the embryos that make it to the frozen stage. I still feel really full and bloated. Anytime I move around I just feel sore and crummy. So lots of rest for me today!

@ChristenMA83 those numbers are great! I’m glad your satisfied!

@Tuasdad my husband doesn’t really feel that way when he gives his sample, but it is totally understandable that one would. Just got to give yourself a mental support chat! You can do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone, I’ve been following this board a few days waiting to get the go ahead from my doc :) I am on bcp right now and completed my sono today. Calendar says I go off the pill mid November and then start stims. Retrieval is slated for end of November. I swear I’m checking my calendar like a stalker because I’m so anxious! I’m thankful for finding this community though and love how supportive everyone is!
    @Tuasdad my hubby gets nervous too :)
  • @platasolWed49228 I'm the same way with checking. It's like the medication part is the ONLY part of this that I feel I have some control over, so I need to get it right. Everything else is so out of my control.  

@wine_mama16 wow 29! Great news! 

@Tuasdad My partner feel the same about the sample part.  He said the setup isn't great and you can just hear everyone outside the room. This whole process is invasive and uncomfortable for both involved.  I just think about the end goal which makes all of this worth it.  :)
  • Nervous for my baseline ultrasound today.  On our first cycle we didn't have much there on our baseline US and RE nearly cancelled my cycle, but miraculously some popped up later.  I'm hoping for a better start this time.  FX.
    TTC 5+ years--> unexplained infertility
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    IVF Fresh Transfer 03/2018, Blighted Ovum D&C 4/2018
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• ChristenMA83ChristenMA83 member
    edited October 2018
    @tuasdad my DH is the same way.  The clinic we used to go to was horrible because he said there were filing cabinets right outside the sample room and people would hang out there and chat.  Our new clinic has a much better setup and the sample room is more secluded so there's at least a semblance of privacy.  But like you, he just feels its an awkward situation all around.  
    @wine_mama16 29 eggs is great!  That should set you up well even with the fallout.  Grow embies grow!!
    @platasolWed49228 welcome to the group.  I glance at my schedule on the fridge every day on the way out the door to make sure I'm taking the right pills/shots for the day and don't miss a milestone.  
    @sbjbrn good luck at baseline today!  Hope it goes well for you.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • nitnat007nitnat007 member
    edited October 2018
    @sbjbrn Good luck today! Try not to stress too much. Mine is tomorrow so I am right there with you. You got this!  <3

@ChristenMA83 That is great that your numbers are right where the doc wants them. How have you been feeling on all the shots so far?

@Tuasdad MH said that giving a sample at the clinic was so uncomfortable. He was in the room trying to do his thing and he could hear the ladies in the hallway having a lengthy conversation right by his door. Thankfully it is short lived though. I tell him all the time, my hoo-haa has been seen by so many people now, I feel like I should start charging admission. If nothing else you have to find some way to laugh about it all. Which it sounds like you guys are managing to do. Good Luck!

@wine_mama16 WOW! That is an amazing number of eggs. I am so excited for you guys. I forget, did you do ICSI as well? Really hoping for a good report today. Come on embabies, grow grow grow! Rest up and take care of yourself now.  <3

@platasolWed49228 Hello and welcome! I have been staring at my calendar for months now. We go in tomorrow and should possibly start our stims then too. Watched so many YouTube videos on giving shots so I feel like I have an idea of what to expect. I like to have a bit of control over things. GL!

AFM Going in tomorrow for baseline. I can not believe that the time has finally arrived. Hoping that things go well and we can get started on stims right away. Ready to get this baby making train on its way!

PS For any of our newer members, feel free to add yourselves to our spreadhsheet. Link below and also in my signature.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138IV-xciYGapBRsuEQMgIekesc625n_h3JUEul1KqvI/edit?usp=sharing
  • @nitnat007 Good luck tomorrow FX for you 

@sbjbrn Good luck at your baseline today, hoping for positive signs/news

@platasolWed49228 Welcome!

@wine_mama16 Hopefully the cruminess & soreness are short lived. Congrats on the ER count, that is a very encouraging number

@ah80 @nitnat007 @platasolWed49228 & @wine_mama16 Thanks for the encouragement! It’ll definitely be worth it in the end. It is a bit funny though, not that either side of this equation isn’t awkward between showing hoo-haas and providing samples in a room better suited for a dental office than for err climaxing on demand. It is what it is I guess. 

• Hi.  Just got home from my day 6 ultrasound, and my estradiol is 2356 pg/ml which has me kinda shocked.  It's been 353 and 616 on day 6 in my past cycles, and barely gotten this high at trigger time.  Doc said I have 7 follicles on the left and a few on the right, which is maybe a couple more than last time, hard to tell, but they are smaller than usual (and more equal in size).  Okaaay....I'm going to try not to worry it.

@platasolWed49228, welcome and good luck!

@wine_mama16, how many fertilized?   How are you feeling?  I think the 4th day after retrieval usually is MUCH better.

@Tuasdad, my husband gets really stressed about doing his part too.  He saves up for a week!  He'd like a separate trailer or something instead of the noisy room behind the receiving desk.  Our first retrieval, we were totally surprised when the embryologist who came to take his sample was the wife of his high school buddy!!!  Turns out that she's training, and will be the only qualified embryologist in our state.

• I have bloodwork and another ultrasound tomorrow morning.  I really hope that I'm continuing to progress. 

Do your clinics also do everyone's cycles together? It's so weird to me that you have  room full of people all going through the same thing and no one talks.  Everyone is there for the same reason.  We are all probably having similar feelings - anxiety, isolation. I was thinking when I was there on Monday to just be be like "who wants to go get some lunch and talk about this hell we all find ourselves in?".  It would be like us here going through the same experience at the same time, but in real life.  
  • @nitnat007 I didn’t do ICSI. I am trying to rest up as much as possible, but it’s difficult to get comfortable. 

@Tuasdad thank you, I’m hoping that tomorrow will be better then today. 

@callingthestork 20 were fertilized and I’ll get an update on Sunday with the final embryo count that will be frozen. I am hoping that tomorrow is much better than today and that my swelling goes way down. 

@ah80 I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you! I don’t think my clinic does cycles together, I think they just kind of take it patient by patient. I was just talking about this the other day to a friend how I find it so weird that I’m the waiting room full of women going through what I’m going through no one talks. So crazy!

Any who I’m just trying to get passed this pain and just all around uncomfortableness. I am anxiously awaiting Sunday so I’ll know the final embryo count. I am actually really glad we are doing a frozen cycle. I couldn’t imagin transferring with my body in this condition. 
  • @ah80 my clinic "batches" patients as well.  And I agree it is so weird that no one talks.  The clinic does provide evening support groups a few times a month though for those that want to talk, but I have never observed an actual conversation in our waiting room.

@wine_mama16 20 fertilized! Congrats!  that's a great number.

@nitnat007 I just started Omnitrope last night and will start the stims Saturday.  Last round they didn't bother me as much as expected and my doses are the same this time around, so I expect an easy peasy process....but we rarely get what we expect with infertility.  Good luck with your baseline today.  Hope you get to start on stims soon.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • @ChristenMA83 That's great that they offer support groups for you. Have you participated? 

Just sitting here in the lobby waiting for my ultrasound. Hoping that I continued to progress and that I still have a couple of follicles. 
  • @callingthestork How are you holding up? Do not stress yourself out. Take it easy! You got this. 

@ah80 Sending you all the positive vibes for good numbers today!

@wine_mama16 Hope that you are feeling better today. When do you get an updated report? 20 fertilized is really great though! FX that they continue to grow nicely!

@ChristenMA83 That is great that you didn't have too many side effects on your last round. Really good to hear, thanks for sharing. And you are so right, we very rarely get what we expect. IF is such a roller coaster, just when you think you have things moving one way......

AFM Baseline today went well. Follicle count at this point is roughly 10 on one side and 6 on the other. It was a rough estimate as my left ovary was hiding out a little. We start stims tonight and then check in on Monday to see how we are doing. Thanks for all the well wishes!  <3
  • Just one lone follicle now. Trigger tonight, retrieval Saturday.  I was really hoping for more or that new ones they couldn't see Monday popped up BUT I am so happy there is at least one. This means that I will get to do another cycle and possibly bank some more. Dr had previously said no more cycles if we didn't get anything out of this one. It just takes one :)
  • @ah80 fingers crossed that little one is the golden egg.  Good luck with retrieval this weekend.  To answer your question, I have not attended one of the support groups, but I have considered it.

@nitnat007 16 is a great start.  My left ovary is always shy and it's so uncomfortable when they're trying to find it for the follicle counts.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Had baseline u/s yesterday but found a cyst and had to get it drained today so couldn't start stims like planned last night. but get to start the stims tonight. 
  • @ah80 It only takes one! Thrilled for you. 

@ChristenMA83 It was really uncomfortable looking for the left. Loads of pressure. Hopefully that becomes easier to find as we go along. 

First night of stims went well. DH was a champ with it all and it wasn't bad. I have been awake since 3am with some cramps. Not sure if it is at all related though. 

Happy Friday everyone!  <3
  • @nitnat007, thanks, it took a while to calm down.  I just never thought "hyperstimulation" would ever apply to me.  And then half of mh's family had strep, the other half had stomach flu.  I work with all of them on our farm, so was worried I would catch something.  Today is BETTER.  And so excited for you, starting stims & fantastic follicle count❣ The only time they really need to see that left side is when you're asleep and eggs are being retrieved. 

Gosh, the board really picked up!  So much going on!  
    @ah80, you're right, it only takes one.
  • At my first monitoring on Monday the Dr was counting two (12mm, 10mm) and there were also two smaller ones (8mm, 6mm). On Thursday only one showed up on the ultrasound. What happened to the other ones? Do they just disappear? 
  • Egg retrieval scheduled in an hour.  Super anxious and hoping for the best with the one lone egg! 
  • @ah80 Good Luck! Sending you positive thoughts and speedy recovery! 
  • sbjbrnsbjbrn member
    edited November 2018
    @ah80 FX for a great retrieval. 
    @nitnat007 happy stimming! 

My baseline ultrasound was quick.  My RE doesn't give too many details unless you ask him.  He seemed pleased with follicle count (he says multiple small on each side).  Trying not to overthink things this early on.  For now I'm just happy there is something there to start with.  Lupron started last night and Follistim and lovely Menopur tonight.

FX for us all ladies! 

5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• The follicle was empty. Beyond devastated.
  • sbjbrnsbjbrn member
    edited November 2018
    @ah80 I'm so sorry.
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• @ah80, sending big hugs your way.   I am so sorry.  

@sbjbrn & @nitnat007 & @Tuasdad@ChristenMA83 how are shots so far?  🤞 grow lots of good eggs!  And everyone else who I'm forgetting!

@wine_mama16, I hope Sunday's call is good news.  Do you know how many you'd like?

So, I'm on track to have retrieval on Tuesday.  Right side has lots of eggs that are ready, but doc is waiting on the left to catch up since those are the ones she can get to.  Estradiol is 5754.3pg/mL; she said sometimes the Lupron does that.  Still freaks me out that it's so high, but I guess it's okay.
    I'm thrilled that for once I may have a lot of eggs.  Just really hoping they are mature this time!!!!  
    P.S. 9 inches of snow is predicted for Tuesday, how appropriate for making snowbabies.
  • @leela00, how are you doing?  Sorry if you posted and I missed it.  Were you able to start stims?  
  • @ah80 Oh no! I’m so so sorry to hear that. Be kind to yourself right now. *hugs*

@callingthestork shots are going ok so far. MH has been doing great. Had some cramping and bloating side effects but nothing too bad. Check up Monday. 
    I don’t have experience with what estradiol should be, but if your doc says all is good, try and trust that it is. 
    Perfect timing for that weather. I hope that it won’t affect your travels at all? How are you feeling?
  • @ah80 I know there probably isn't anything we can say that will make it better, but our thoughts are with you. I am so sorry. Hugs.

@callingthestork Shots have been going as good as could be. My wife says the gonal burns a bit other than that it's been smooth. We have another U/S tomorrow and should know our date for retrieval afterwards.

• @ah80 I'm so sorry retrieval didn't go well over the weekend.  Hugs to you.
    @callingthestork Good luck with tomorrow's retrieval.  Snow sounds perfect for the occasion.
    Shots are going well for me, but there's a little more bruising than last time and I'm a bit more emotional than I remember during round 1.  Had a blood draw this morning to check estrogen levels, so I'll know this afternoon if they're adjusting our meds.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • @wine_mama16 How are you feeling? Did you get a final count yesterday? FX that you got good news. 

@callingthestork Sending positive vibes for your retrieval tomorrow! 

@sbjbrn How are your stims going so far?

@Tuasdad How is your wife making out so far? Funny, I find that the Menopur burns way more lol. Maybe its because we do that one second every night. 

@ChristenMA83 I had my check up this morning too. We are on tracking and carrying on with the same dosage, will be back on Wednesday for the next check. I have found some bloating and cramping so far. Otherwise its been ok. FX that things are on track for you too. 
  • @nitnat007 Seems like we're on the same schedule.  My bloodwork is back and they have me keeping the same dose.  Next check on Wednesday.  
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • edited November 2018
    Hi, sounds good with everyone on track!  @sbjbrn, "lovely Menopur", how funny.  Sounds like great teamwork happening!  

@wine_mama16 , do you yet have a frozen transfer timeline?

My tummy is quite tender and I have minor nausea.   Hiccups hurt!  My doc gave me a couple things to lower estrogen after retrieval.   I'm really excited about retrieval, and praying the eggs are mature this time around.  Apparently, eggs arresting at the M1 stage is a special feature of endometriosis, and I am very hopeful that the supplements I've taken are doing their job to help with that.  Travel is minimal,  we are only half an hour from our clinic.
    I am so surprised how different each of my 3 and 1/2 cycles have been.  Also, I am so grateful for my dh, and for all of you💚.
  • @ah80 I am so sorry and I just want to send you so much love and hugs right now.

@nitnat007 I am feeling so much better! My swelling and bloating is almost completely down. I have minimal cramping and I have great news about my embryo situation. I have a total of 12 embryos, 4 of those are only fair, but I feel pretty good about that amount.

@callingthestork I just emailed my nurse coordinator to figure out my next steps, which I am anxiously waiting to find out.Sucks about the tenderness and nausea. Fingers crossed that your supplements are working and your retrieval goes smoothly. 

@ChristenMA83 I am glad the shots are going well for you. I also had a little bit of bruising throughout, but then the HCG trigger gave me a massive bruise that still hasn't faded.

All I can think about it my FET and when it will happen and if it will go smoothly and what the side effects will be. So many things going through my mind, but I just want a timeline, it helps me feel like I'm not stagnant and I am actually doing something to help this process along.
  • Had u/s and blood work today after 4 nights of stims
  • Hello everyone,

This is my 4th attempt of IVF this year. I have been in the February, July, and August boards. I am 33 with unexplained fertility.
    My first attempt I had 9 fertilize and looking good on day 3. Then I only had 2 morulas on day 5 that I transferred with no success. 
    My second attempt got cancelled on day 9 of stims due to bleeding and LH surge. Developed a bunch of large cysts and ended up in ER. 
    My third attempt I had 10 fertilize and look great on day 3. On day 6 I only ended up with 1 early blast and a morula I transferred with no success. 

So now I’m praying this is it! I am currently on day 22 of Lupron injections. I just started stims tonight (375 iu gonal-f). I had my baseline this morning and had 20-25 follicles on my right side and 16 on my left side. I am also opting to have 3 embryos transferred on day three this time. 

I wish everyone the best of luck 😀
  • Thanks ladies and @Tuasdad. Hoping for the best possible outcome for everyone.
  • @nicole030985 welcome to the board and good luck.  I was on the February IVF board as well.  How does this baseline compare to your last?  Are they trying anything different with your protocol this time around?

@wine_mama16 12 is a great number to have in the bank.  I hope you get your schedule soon, I the same way, having the appointments on the calendar feels like momentum.  
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • @Tuasdad
    It's so fascinating to hear the guy's side of this -- my husband never verbally expressed nerves about giving samples but would get sorta cranky and grumpy so he was probably nervous.

@ah80
    I'm so incredibly sorry. It frickin' sucks. I have a friend who was in the same position as you and she did ultimately decide to go to donor eggs, but I know that's a huge decision. Is your doctor discharging you? What does he mean by no more cycles?
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Hi all.  I just got done with retrieval and am waiting at pharmacy. So....my doc was only able to get 7 eggs out.  It's so frustrating that I had so many this time, and ovaries being more swollen actually hindered retrieval.   Only 2 from the right side.  Well, I guess tomorrow we find out how many fertilized with ICSI and go from there.   
    Take care!