Infertility
Options

November 2018 IVF

123457»

Re: November 2018 IVF

• Options
    Thanks. We will always name the embabies or babies we had miscarried. it helps us for them to have a name. 
  • Options
    @nicole030985 That is great! Hope that you get a great report today for freeze. 

@sbjbrn Sending you positive vibes friend!

@ChristenMA83 I am so sorry that your results were disappointing. I really am right there with you. It is such a tough journey. Keep focused on those beautiful ones that you have and hope that your FET goes well. 

@Tuasdad Having 6 frozen is amazing! Really wishing you both the best in your transfers. 

@ittybittybug-2 Sending you all the positive vibes and hope that your stims are still going well. Do you have a retrieval day set yet?

@hopingforlilone Sending you positive vibes and hope that your med change is just what you needed to get those follicles growing. 

@drewsdarlin FX for sticky beans. 

AFM We transferred two on Tuesday, and had three that we were still watching and really hopeful at least one would make it to freeze. Unfortunately none of them did. All of our hopes are with the two we transferred. It was devastating to get that news and I am trying really hard not to think about it and just stay positive for what we have now. Good luck to you all!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Christen- sorry  about loosing your embie. That really sucks but at least you have 2 on ice and I’m praying they will work out for you. 

Nitnat- sorry you didn’t get any to freeze. Hoping the two you transferred will result in a baby. 

Tuasdad- 6 is a great number for freeze! 

Afm- I got my report today. I have two embryos that made it to the freezer today. I have 7 pre-blasts and morulas  they are watching until tomorrow. Hopefully they can freeze some more. But after 4 attempts at IVF I’m so excited to even get two to freeze plus the ones they transferred. I am so thankful and I am so glad I never gave up! It finally feels like things are looking up for me now. 
  • Options
    nitnat007 said:
    @nicole030985 That is great! Hope that you get a great report today for freeze. 

@sbjbrn Sending you positive vibes friend!

@ChristenMA83 I am so sorry that your results were disappointing. I really am right there with you. It is such a tough journey. Keep focused on those beautiful ones that you have and hope that your FET goes well. 

@Tuasdad Having 6 frozen is amazing! Really wishing you both the best in your transfers. 

@ittybittybug-2 Sending you all the positive vibes and hope that your stims are still going well. Do you have a retrieval day set yet?

@hopingforlilone Sending you positive vibes and hope that your med change is just what you needed to get those follicles growing. 

@drewsdarlin FX for sticky beans. 

AFM We transferred two on Tuesday, and had three that we were still watching and really hopeful at least one would make it to freeze. Unfortunately none of them did. All of our hopes are with the two we transferred. It was devastating to get that news and I am trying really hard not to think about it and just stay positive for what we have now. Good luck to you all!
    Thank you. Sorry none of them made it to freeze. (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    @nitnat007 Hey! stay positive! We transferred 2 as well! Will you be testing at home or waiting for beta? I may test the day before beta just to be mentally prepared since I'll be working the day of beta. Let's stay hopeful!
    TTC 5+ years--> unexplained infertility
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    IVF Fresh Transfer 03/2018, Blighted Ovum D&C 4/2018
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• Options
    Just got my final report... we have 5 total in the freezer plus the two they transferred on Tuesday!!!  I am still shocked. Prayer, patience, and persistence finally paid off!
  • Options
    @sbjbrn I am torn on that front. I may do the same and do the day before or something just to be prepared either way. Sending you positive vibes. 

@nicole030985 Great report and best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Anyone experience spotting a little pink and then brown 6dp5dt? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @nitnat007 Fingers crossed for your two inside! I'm sorry you had none to freeze. That's always a blow! I am most likely having my retrieval on Tuesday. Seems like it's already been days since my scan on Wednesday, probably because of the holiday. They said they'd be very surprised if I wasn't ready to trigger Sunday. Hoping that's the case because I've planned my work-week for Tuesday retrieval and my Thursday is packed with meetings, so it would be really disruptive to shift my days off! I haven't decided what to tell them about missing the day. Last time I was mostly truthful and said I had to have 'minor surgery' and would need a day off and a day at home to recover. But that was just two months ago so it seems weird to repeat it.

@sbjbrn I have always been a tester, but I think it depends on knowing your own emotions. For me, seeing a positive that doesn't seem to darken helped prepare me for the news of my CP, and seeing a negative test day after day let me slowly adjust to the negative beta so that I was ready to move forward after a brief pause to grieve the confirmation. It helps me to start thinking of the various possibilities and likelihoods rather than to have to adjust all of the sudden (especially since I usually get my news at work in the afternoon).

@drewsdarlin In that timeframe it could be a bit of late implantation bleeding, or could be spotting caused by whatever progesterone support you're taking. With IVF and all the artificial hormones we have it makes symptom interpretation pretty much a lost cause!
  • Options
    Thank you. Nurse said it could be implantation when I asked about it and it was normal so not to worry at this point and i only had it at 4 am yesterday and nothing rest of day or anything. 
  • Options
    It seems like a lot of us were able to relax and enjoy the holiday weekend, judging from the lull in posts! I had my day 12 scan today and triggered tonight for retrieval Tuesday morning. They're expecting about the same number of mature eggs as they got last time, which is better than the alternative but still has me anxious and bummed since I only got one healthy embryo out of all of that. This time could easily be none with the same starting numbers. I realize it could also be more, but the odds are closer to 0-1 than more than 1.

Hope you're all hanging in there and had a good break!
  • Options
    @nicole030985 yay for embabies on ice!  Hope the ones transferred hang on tight and you have those five for later.  That's a great place to be!

@nitnat007 fingers crossed for you as well that the two transferred gems stick.  

@ittybittybug-2 yay for retrieval tomorrow.  Hoping for good numbers for you.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Hi everyone. how are you?
  • Options
    @ittybittybug-2 Best of luck tomorrow! We’ll have our fingers crossed for you.

@nitnat007 Hoping those two stick! FX

AFM- Wife had baseline today. Thickness of uterus lining was good. We started E2V shots tonight and are penciled in for FET on Dec 19th 
  • Options
    Beta is thursday.
  • Options
    Retrieval only got 12 eggs, which is about how many I've had fertilize in my previous retrievals, so I'm feeling pretty bummed. I know that quality can vary, so I do have my fingers crossed that these will be better quality than in the past, but I'm mentally preparing myself for a need to do this again in two months. I'm feeling ok right now, but expect the pain to increase in a few hours.
  • Options
    @ittybittybug-2 Fingers crossed for a great fertilization report!  When will you get an update?
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Thanks @ChristenMA83. I got my report this morning. Just 7 fertilized. Last time I had 12 and ended up with 1 healthy embryo, and the time before, I had 15 and ended up with 1 as well, so this doesn't feel promising. I won't get another report until the final report comes Monday morning.
  • Options
    Beta day today at 10 am. About to leave soon for clinic. since it is almost 2 hours away.
  • Options
    @ittybittybug-2 I understand the disappointment.  Hopefully these are better quality and you get a couple on ice. 
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Is there a board to post beta results? Thanks.
  • Options
    @drewsdarlin post in this board! 
  • Options
    How did everyone's cycle end up?  Any news to share?
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Unfortunately our cycle was a complete bust. I tested at home yesterday and it most definitely negative. Although, I still have to go in for the beta tomorrow, I know it is pointless. 

I am wishing everyone else the best on your journey forward and hoping that there are some BFP's coming soon!  <3
  • Options
    @nitnat007 I’m so sorry. 😞 Testing helped me adjust a little more gradually to the news than the shock of just getting a beta. I hope it helped you too.

It seems like maybe it’s just me left? Only two of my embryos made it to freeze today. I’ve been running numbers and it looks like there’s about a 7/16 chance that one of them is healthy, let alone the girl that I desperately want. So I expect I’ll be back for another retrieval in a month. 😞
  • Options
    @nitnat007 so sorry

I tested at home on November 23, got positive on test and other tests I took after that night. Had first beta last thursday 29th. it was 751 and had second beta today. it was 2,551.
  • Options
    @drewsdarlin congrats! those are amazing numbers!
    @nitnat007 I'm sorry the cycle didn't work out better for you. *hugs*
    @ittybittybug-2 did you do any fresh transfer? Or are you waiting for PGS testing?
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Thank you. They scheduled first u/s yesterday too. It is December 14.
  • Options
    @nitnat007 so sorry about the outcome for this cycle.  Allow yourself to grieve, I know that feeling all too well.
    @drewsdarlin congrats! Those are awesome betas!

AFM: First beta was positive and 2nd beta doubled.  Now I wait two long weeks for an ultrasound.  Praying this is our Christmas miracle and rainbow baby.  

TTC 5+ years--> unexplained infertility
    5 IUI Cycles-BFN
    IVF Fresh Transfer 03/2018, Blighted Ovum D&C 4/2018
    FET #1 Scheduled 8/7 ☺️

• Options
    @ChristenMA83 No, there were just the 2, both frozen and waiting for biopsy results.

@sbjbrn That’s fabulous news! So exciting!

@drewsdarlin Congratulations!
  • Options
    nicole030985nicole030985 member
    edited December 2018
    Congrats drew and sb on your positive results! 

Nitnat- sorry to hear this cycle was a bust for you. Just hang in there and keep positive. 

Afm- I got my negative beta yesterday so I’m on to a FET.  Waiting for a callback from the doctor to see when I can start. Getting very impatient now! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Well I got shockingly early shockingly good news. My PGS results came back today (2 days after they were sent!) and BOTH embryos are healthy and BOTH are girls!! I'm in shock. I'd calculated about a 1.5% chance of that results, so I'm still stunned. I was fully expecting neither to be healthy.

@nicole030985 So sorry for your news. :( Hoping your THB is in the freezer then!
  • Options
    @ittybittybug-2 that's AMAZING news! Congrats!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Itty- that’s great news! Wishing you the best of luck!!! It’s so awesome to know the sex. I didn’t have any of mine tested.