January 2019 Moms

Placenta Previa?

2»

Re: Placenta Previa?

• Thanks for the tips and encouragement! @stasiapsmama did your dr or doula suggest acupuncture or that something you had already used in the past?
  • @kmvisioli yes! My midwife suggested it and at first I thought how's that gonna help, but I did a little reading and it made sense. I actually only had acu once before, trying to induce labor last time, and I bleepin HATED it. Couldn't even finish the treatment. I thought I would never try it again, plus it's really expensive and mostly out of network. But, I found a community place with a really lovely yoga studio feeling that charges half of everyone else, cause everyone's in the same room. Not annoying or uncomfortable at all! Then I got up my courage and did it. The first time was so relaxing I honestly couldn't believe it, so even if the placenta didn't move cause of it, it's still really beneficial to my well being.
  • Loading the player...
  • Bad news on our front.  :/:( My cpp has revealed that it is now something called vasa previa. I start hospitalized bed rest in two weeks (at 30 weeks) and they will be delivering via c-section sometime between 34-36 weeks. I am so sad to think of leaving leaving my 22 month-old for that long and then having the baby spend time in NICU after birth. There are many things to be grateful for-- baby is growing, they caught it early, there's a high success rate when this is diagnosed early, etc. but right now I'm just feeling really, really sad. 
  • @katiebird8878 I’m so sorry you have to deal with hospital bedrest and an early delivery. I totally understand the sad feelings upon receiving that news and having to be away from your toddler. ❤️ I was a mess when I first got here. I’m glad they were able to catch it early.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @katiebird8878 I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this.  Like you said much to be thankful for.   I think anyone would be sad in the same situation I can't imagine being away from my toddler either. Hopefully baby will be healthy and strong and not need much NICU time.  Sending positive thoughts your way  <3 
  • @katiebird8878 im soooo sorry to hear that news.  There are nicu support groups on fb i've found helpful.  Best wishes! I'll be thinking of you. 
  • @katiebird8878 so sorry to hear that update :-( that is for sure a sad thing to navigate, but I’m glad you will be well cared for and be able to get the rest you need. Is there any chance that it can resolve before delivery? I’ll be thinking of you and hoping you can make it to 36 weeks to avoid NICU time.
  • Thank you so much, @hollye30 , @pttomato, @kmvisioli, @ersh1010
    I know I don't really know any of you, but as moms expecting you know better than most the feelings I'm navigating. Thank you SO MUCH for the support. It really means a lot. We will get through it and there's a lot to be grateful for, but there are also the semi-sensitive comments from well-meaning folks that try my sanity. ;) I'm grateful there was this outlet to be real. Best wishes to you all! Safe and happy pregnancies!

• @katiebird8878 I’m going on week 5 of hospital bedrest. I had a really hard time adjusting to everything in the beginning, the diagnosis, being away from my daughter, being stuck in the hospital in a bed, but I’ve been getting through it and I’m kind of used to it by now. I’m glad this place could be an outlet for you, sometimes you just need to vent about the emotions and the crappy stuff.

I actually met a women in my unit support group that had vasa previa. She had a C-section at 34 weeks and said her son is doing great in the NICU. 

I’ll be thinking about you.
  • Thank you, @pttomato ! I am so impressed you are going on week 5. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I will be thinking of you and your little one, too! Hang in there and keep being strong. :) 
  • Had my ultrasound today.  The tech said my placenta has moved it's no longer covering but it's still close to the cervix.  Just have to wait and see what my doctor says now. 
  • @hollye30 That’s good news! I hope you are able to move towards an easier remainder of pregnancy and delivery!
  • Finally have an update for myself- saw the MFM today, and I’m now categorized as “marginal previa” rather than “complete” and no signs of accreta or anything else yet. Still have the same restrictions and still need it to move a bit further, but we’ll follow up again in 4 weeks.
  • Had my ultrasound on Friday. Placenta couldnt even be seen with the TV US, could only be seen with the regular belly US because it was up so high 👏 
  • @katiebird8878 lurking from feb 2019. I have Vasa previa too. Its been a stressful diagnosis. But like you said it’s awesome they found it early. I’m only 27 weeks.  I go next week to see if its moved, which is unlikely itll move that far (5cm from cervix). Ill be hospitalized at 28-30 weeks and csection 34/35 weeks. May I ask where you are located? Also theres a facebook page called vasaprevia awareness, though very rare there are lots of ladies going through the same thing. Its a nice support page. Best of luck! 
  • @pttomato and @cali1710
    Thanks for checking in! So the update for me was that I was going to go in on 11/6, but on Saturday, 11/3, I woke up and saw bleeding, drops of red blood, in the toilet. We had been told if I saw even one drop of blood I should go to the hospital immediately, so we jumped in the car with our toddler--all of us in our pajamas and headed to the ER. They sent me across the street to Mother Baby at Abbott Northwestern in Mpls, MN, and they strapped me up to the monitors. Luckily, baby was doing awesome. I was at 29 weeks, 5 days. The bleeding was from my placenta having a small abruption, probably because one of the two lobes was still very close to the cervix. My hospital stay started that day and I was given steroids for baby lung development. I've had two days where spotting has occurred since then, but both times, while terrifying for me, it was not baby's blood vessels, but the placenta. I now have a c-section scheduled for Monday, 12/3, when I will 34 weeks on the nose. Baby will likely have to be in NICU for 1-3 weeks, but the long-term outlook for baby's born at Abbott at 32 weeks or older is just as healthy as it is for full-term babies. 

Man, this did not go the way I planned at all, but I guess that is just life. It's been very stressful at times, especially with the small bleeds and missing my toddler, and having gestational diabetes and being gluten-free and having to live off of hospital food, but I am very glad we are being so well cared for here.

@cali1710 I hope everything goes really well for you! Just remember, boring is good! I have survived hospital time by working from my computer and continuing to teach online classes and by getting lots of visits from my husband and toddler. My husband surprised me with a "date night" at the hospital Saturday and it was wonderful just to have time to be with him. It's really hard, but now that I'm in the home stretch I'm grateful I came in when I did instead of waiting until 32 weeks. I also put a huge calendar up so that I can cross off each day in the morning when I get up. It really makes me happy to do that!

Good luck to all of you, brave ladies! Congrats to those whose placentas moved out of the way. Wishing you all the best and lots of love!

• @katiebird8878 good luck on Monday! ❤️ So glad that it sounds like you and baby will both be in great hands.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I’m glad you’re doing well! Best of luck on Monday!! Hope everything goes perfectly and uneventful!! 
  • @katiebird8878 so glad to hear an update from you and that you made it to 34 weeks! Best of luck on Monday  <3  <3
  • Thinking of you @katiebird8878 and hope everything goes smoothly for you!
  • Thinking about you @katiebird8878. I hope everything is going well.

• @katiebird8878 congratulations! So glad to hear that you are both doing well and safe. Take extra good care of yourself as I'm sure having your LO still at the hospital can be emotionally draining on top of the physical healing that your body is needing right now. You are doing great  <3  <3
  • @katiebird8878 Congratulations!! I'm glad you both doing well and have a great support system.  <3
  • @katiebird8878 congrats! I hope recovery continues to go well for you both! ❤️
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @katiebird8878 congratulations ! Glad everyone is doing well! 
  • @katiebird8878 Congratulations! Glad everyone is doing well they certainly have their own ideas about when to arrive don't they