May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 10/27

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 10/27

• Options
    @expandcontract I am announcing with an Instagram that no one can see right now. So I just add everything I think is cute lol and when they see it it won't be halloween, but I have a picture of my t shirt and pumpkins. We're waiting until 15 weeks to announce (when we know what we're having). But I'm kind of just putting up everything I think is cute at the time. I would totally do that if that's what you want .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @expandcontract I dont think it's too late to announce with the skeleton shirt after halloween. A friend of mine announced her pregnancy in March with a picture of her wearing a skeleton shirt. Also I think those shirts are so fun! I was so excited when I found out I was due in November with DS because I could wear one of those on halloween but by the time halloween came last year I was basically 9 months pregnant and didnt have the energy to go find one 🤣
  • Options
    Thank you,  ladies! Decision's made! I will be keeping the shirt to use when I'm ready.  😊

• Options
    I've had kind of a frustrating day. Shared pregnancy with a not-so-nice "friend" and got kind of a rude reaction. Like really, congratulations will suffice. Even if you don't really mean it, that's all you have to say. I went to Trader Joe's to grocery shop KID FREE (which was awesome) but they didn't have most of the stuff I needed and I found that frustrating. Though not surprising. I know that seems minor but we were really excited about some of our dinners and now we have to adjust and are sad :D

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge you should have dropkicked that B! How rude.  

• Options
    Carved pumpkins with my kids today. I am just so tired. I don't know why but this whole month has been a blur and just not felt like October at all. Hope everyone else is enjoying any Halloween festivities this weekend!
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @fatmonica 😂😂 silver lining. Thanks! 😂
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I’m sorry you got a rude reaction from a friend. Any chance she has had fertility issues or MCs or wants kids and doesn’t think she can have them? I know when I was in between my MC and even during my pregnancy with DD, any announcement would send me into a tailspin. I remember accidentally saying the rudest thing to my close friend when she was in her 3rd trimester and I was supposed to be in my 3rd trimester. Sometimes people just can’t be happy for others if they aren’t happy themselves.
  • Options
    Pregnancy brain happening over here as well. I put the laundry detergent in the fridge!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    Freaking out about the NT scan tomorrow & genetic results. Someone Talk me down. I am in full panic mode.  
  • Options
    We carved pumpkins today too, finally! I kept trying to schedule it during the week, but I am just exhausted after work. It was nice though, DD helped with the scooping and told me she wanted a spooooooooky ghost. (She's 2 and says it so cute.) I followed suit with an owl and DH made something nerdy. 

We just watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" before bed, and it's so weird. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, and I didn't remember anything. I was hoping it would be a good, straightforward way for DD to better understand Halloween, but I don't think so. Anyone else as confused? 

• Options
    edited October 2018
    chloe97 said:
    @DuchessOfCambridge I’m sorry you got a rude reaction from a friend. Any chance she has had fertility issues or MCs or wants kids and doesn’t think she can have them? I know when I was in between my MC and even during my pregnancy with DD, any announcement would send me into a tailspin. I remember accidentally saying the rudest thing to my close friend when she was in her 3rd trimester and I was supposed to be in my 3rd trimester. Sometimes people just can’t be happy for others if they aren’t happy themselves.
    I’m pretty sure no, she’s not married and as far as I know she’s not in a relationship much less a long term one unless she’s really good at hiding it from me 🤷‍♀️ 

ETA - I truly don’t think she’s a happy person and maybe not happy where she is in life (most of our friends are married or living with SOs, she lives with a random roommate) so that could be part of it, but she also would have been offended if I didn’t tell her personally so it feels like a lose/lose. Oh well. It is what it is and she’s someone I’m trying to distance myself from anyway. 

• Options
    DS shit on the bathroom floor after his bath and H is being an ass for no reason. I’m so over today. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    zuuls_mom said:
    DS shit on the bathroom floor after his bath and H is being an ass for no reason. I’m so over today. 
    Ohhh no. What a day ☹️

• Options
    @zuuls_mom ugh I'm so sorry. Hopefully it gets better for you. 
  • Options
    I just finished up fine tuning plans for my son's birthday. I told my friend we were going to do a party for him on the third and she was like "okay, so Saturday" "yeah it's a Saturday" "right, it's this coming Saturday" "what? No..." Oops. This month kind of got away from me. 
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom - at totally sucks! Have your husband clean up that shit.

@journey721 - good luck tomorrow! The waiting is the worst. We have an US tomorrow, too, mostly since it seemed like all my symptoms went away after getting a virus on Monday. They've come back this weekend  so I'm not as worried as I had been. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds but seriously, where did October go? DS’s 1st birthday is in two weeks and I am NOT. READY. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I'm struggling with the fact that I'm going to have a 5 year old in less than a week 😭 he's so excited though, keeps asking if he's five yet. NO STOP RUSHING IT 😭
  • Options
    So my OB does most appointments on Tuesdays. I’m 18 weeks on Christmas. That’s a Tuesday. I’m 19 weeks on New Years Day. The following Tuesday. I really hope they can get my A/S in sometime that week so we can announce on New Years like I’m hoping! It obviously won’t be the end of the world if that can’t happen but it sure would be convenient. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge mine won't do it until 20 weeks which is Christmas, so I'm just getting an early scan lol. I don't have the patience. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @eatinwatermelonseeds they did mine last time at exactly 18 weeks so I’m hopeful! But my OB likes u/s to line up with appointments...I hope I can just get the u/s done that week and see her later 😂 I can’t justify the cost for just a 3-5 week wait even though it feels like FOREVER and I know I’m going to be so jealous when you know. I wish NIPT was standard. Such a better test and you find out what you’re having quickly! Win/win!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞 My doctor was like "oh, if we can't get you in at 20, we can do 21 or 22" I would probably die if we weren't finding out at 15 weeks 😂 but instead I was just like "sure, whenever!" 😂
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I'm hoping to get my AS around then to. I would LOVE to announce at Christmas but I dont think they will let me go in that early. I'm thinking the first week of the new year is most likely but I dont want to wait that long.

That would be so fun to announce on new years!!
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds @DuchessOfCambridge I hope the bday parties come together easily for you!  This month has flown right by.  I feel like I barely just got my BFP, yet the midwife appt that felt lightyears away is this Thursday.  The end of first tri is closing in and I am so not ready for it to be flying by like this.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Another Sunday night,  got work in the morning and of course,  i can't sleep. 

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds @DuchessOfCambridge according to my appointment planner and checklist provided by my clinic, I can see my midwife and do the anatomy scan at 18, which is just 5.5 weeks away! If they say I have to wait until 20 weeks, I will point this out to them. 😂😂 I’m not waiting any longer than I have to!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker